Your mower of choice?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    Been using this the last year, great work out

nn6kqnta9lq1.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,421
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Last season I bought a husqvarna off Amazon with a Honda motor. Self propelled. Not AWD. Very heavy duty. Bought a new Lawn Boy the season before that, because I always had the 2 stroke ones. New LB’s are junk! Everything is plastic. Husky was night and day better made. Good luck. D

Toro has owned Lawn Boy for a number of years and sort of killed them off so to speak. I had probably the last good LB gave to me about 10-12 yrs ago. It had the heavy duty aluminium deck with a special built Briggs & Stratton motor that had SERIOUS torque . Rear wheel drive non bagger and the tallest wettest grass never bogged it at all. I loved that thing!
    Fast forward to last year I bought the top of the line Toro rear wheel drive super recycler. I'm not to fond of the newer handle but I'll get used to it. It was between that and the Honda. Problem was the top Honda was polymer(plastic) deck no thank you !! I didn't care that it came with a 5 year warranty against deck breakage. I've had light weight (metal)decks before that just hop all over the place on bumpy lawns. I like the weight of heavy decks as long as they are self propelled they're not a problem.
    Toro also served up a Honda motor for 50.00 more in the same mower I bought but I knew the same motor on mine was the same on the commercial Toro mower with a larger gas tank and a oil filter. I felt safe knowing my cousin also used virtually the same mower for years for his lawn mowing business and abused the snot out of it so i figure it will be the last mower I'll ever own before I can no longer mow.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,002

About to begin my 4th year with this. Actually haven't been too happy with it. Maybe I just got a lemon, but I've a several minor problems. Just serviced it so I'm ready for a new season of mowing...hopefully with no issues.

xvww6bztalfm.jpg

Push mower is a Toro I got from Home Depot. Similar to the one below. I've had it about 7 or 8 years and never had a single problem.

5dbi1iy7ckhe.jpg
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Easy Runnin
    Easy Runnin Posts: 501
    2rott45w4wa1.jpeg

This thing was 10 years old when I got it. The previous owner left it behind when I bought the house. 20 years later and still running strong. Nothing runs like a Deere.
    HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
    Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
    2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
    Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
    BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,189
    That's a shame. It used to be that you could tell who's yard used a Lawn Boy. They cut grass like carpet, were quiet and somewhat vibration free.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,583
    Lawn boy stopped selling the two stroke models in 2004. EPA shut that stuff down. I collected them for a while. For spare parts mostly. Made money selling the awesome models to other collectors on eBay. Two years ago I gave up the 13 I had left. Freed up some space in the garage too.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,856
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    About to begin my 4th year with this. Actually haven't been too happy with it. Maybe I just got a lemon, but I've a several minor problems. Just serviced it so I'm ready for a new season of mowing...hopefully with no issues.

xvww6bztalfm.jpg

Push mower is a Toro I got from Home Depot. Similar to the one below. I've had it about 7 or 8 years and never had a single problem.

5dbi1iy7ckhe.jpg

This is the one we bought last year or the year before. We had a cheap gas one which was fine for our old Townhouse. With our new corner lot the self propelled was a must and the fact we can fold it up in a couple of seconds is a big bonus. Doesn't take lots of room in the garage.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,856
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

xvww6bztalfm.jpg

5dbi1iy7ckhe.jpg

This is the one we bought last year or the year before. We had a cheap gas one which was fine for our old Townhouse. With our new corner lot the self propelled was a must and the fact we can fold it up in a couple of seconds is a big bonus. Doesn't take lots of room in the garage.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Lawn boy stopped selling the two stroke models in 2004. EPA shut that stuff down. I collected them for a while. For spare parts mostly. Made money selling the awesome models to other collectors on eBay. Two years ago I gave up the 13 I had left. Freed up some space in the garage too.
    Peace. D

My dad still runs a 25 year old Toro Commercial with the Suzuki 2 stroke. Love the cut and sound of that little motor.
    It sure is nice to not change oil. He mixes up 10 gallons of 50 to 1 for all the equipment each year and changes the spark plug and filter. Done.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    M249 has a good beat, easy to dance to
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    My exmark should be here by the weekend..

Should be able to cut in like 15 minutes. Another 15 or 20 for trim and blow .. it will save. me at least A half hour and rizk of heat stroke come May thru October.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Mikey081057

83os16qdjw60.jpg

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    My exmark should be here by the weekend..

Should be able to cut in like 15 minutes. Another 15 or 20 for trim and blow .. it will save. me at least A half hour and rizk of heat stroke come May thru October.
    Nice Yard.

We had an eXmark at work lose its muffler last summer. With that V twin motor it sounded like you were mowing the lawn with a Harley. LOL
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited March 2019
    Just under an acre to mow. So excited about the zero turn cutting time for this summer. I get some of my life back!

y37p09id45kk.png
    8rcqu12fxd7r.png
    Post edited by joecoulson on
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    VR3 wrote: »
    Been using this the last year, great work out

nn6kqnta9lq1.jpg

Clearly, you didn’t mow to often based on the grass height, which would also explain the gut...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    Whichever brand mower the neighbor kid brings.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    Jeeez, Mikey. You should have just gotten a remote lawn mower and saved a couple of grand or more. No mow time. LOL

Question bro'....how did you do your border along the palm trees/garden areas? Was that a mold or did it come that way with the house?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mikey081057
    It's curbing... they take concrete (when TonyB leaves some for the rest of us) and they put it into this machine that shapes it like play dough...

• decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    06wff9jp6u7w.jpg
    Gravely ProTurn 160 Commercial.23 HP Kawasaki engine.60 inch cut. I mow my 5 acres in about 2 1/2 hours.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,160
    Our lawn isnt very big and I do it myself. Been through a few run of the mill Husky's so last year I invested in the Honda commercial walk behind and it is one serious mower. Cuts so much nicer than any other mower I have owned. Happy with that purchase.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    The guy around the corner that cuts it for $25.
  • treitz3
    Mikey, I am being serious....
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    So I learned having a guy who cuts your lawn can:

1. Show up on his schedule not yours
    2. Bring fungus, weeds and disease on his mower
    3. Cuts too low and can scalp your lawn. Can have dull blades.

I'll do it myself...results are much better...

Yeah, but the neighbor kid will pick up fido's land mines for extra 5 bucks while I crack a cold one.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    ....about his edging. I have a different type but am wanting to swap it all out. See below....

83os16qdjw60.jpg

Tom
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    So I learned having a guy who cuts your lawn can:

1. Show up on his schedule not yours
    2. Bring fungus, weeds and disease on his mower
    3. Cuts too low and can scalp your lawn. Can have dull blades.

I'll do it myself...results are much better...

Working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week along with having 1.5 hours of drive time round trip doesn't leave me much time. $25 to cut, trim every other week and clean off the drive is a huge plus in my book.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Another good mower choice.

kmu0z3btrfcl.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Mikey081057
    Naaaaahhhh

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Honda for me. Never seem to have any problems with the brand. Too bad they don't make audio gear.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable