Peachtree Audio in Verb's house!

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    So the other day I was swapping out the Peachtree in the office back with the Marantz AMP-1.

When disconnecting the RCA cables to the subwoofer, the metal caps on back of the Peachtree popped off! They got stuck in the cable! Schize! Another project.

Good to have a spare integrated, while I fiddle with this.

0otfhtfw4yrc.jpg

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    DANG! :#:'(

That's got to be a first! I haven't heard of the covers of an RCA jack coming off like those in my long life.

Sorry! Will Peachtree send you replacements?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    It looks like they're just push on, with a barbed end for retention. Not very robust, IMO. I'm gonna open up the hood, and see if that module is replaceable.

Of course I can't find the white discs either. Long gone under the desk, down the heating vent, you name it!

6maupkdn4otk.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Had it happen to my Carver AV-705x when using Signal Cable Analog II
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Tony M
    Thanks for that pic. Dave.

Sorry you lost the white rings somewhere.

Something of that high quality and they use jacks that pull apart. Crazy. :o

That's the kind of BS that happens to me and Drew too. Very rare scenarios! Some Bad and some good though thank God. ;)
  • verb
    Thanks Tony! No worries. Certainly fixable. Just gotta find the time. Back to work tomorrow, won't even look at it until next weekend!

Another argument for locking RCA connectors! Loose fit, until you tighten em! :smile:

Ahhh, the learning, and the journey continues! :smile:
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Were you using Monster or Monoprice RCAs? Those are the only cables that I know have been known to rip off RCA jack rings like what happened to yours.
  • verb
    Actually it was the new AQ cables I got. I should've known, they were a tight fit going on!
  • Clipdat
    edited February 2019
    I hate that when the connectors are so tight that you have to repeatedly twist while pushing/pulling to get them on and off. Very annoying.
  • verb
    So today I pulled the cover off of the Nova. Had to remove the 4 feet, as they were screwed into metal chassis. They were the only fasteners used to secure the cover.
    After that, the chassis slid out the front. Easy peasy! :smile:
    iyz73r2niuj8.jpg
    67mjowm69tar.jpg
  • verb
    Now the bad news. The RCA input board (bottom right) looks to be an assembly, kinda cheap looking. Gonna have to replace it. Ugh.
    l7ldsida5u8b.jpg
    z1eo7cnralb1.jpg
  • verb
    So today I went to a local repair shop, one that I have gone to several times before, and have been quite satisfied with their work.

They wouldn't touch it.

They claim that the RCA jack module is highly integrated, on a stacked PCB, etc., it would take more money to replace/upgrade the RCA jacks rather than swap out the whole board.

They recommended that I reach out to Peachtree directly. So I sent them an email.

Ugh.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Yeah... Guess they don't build them like they used to..... Hopefully it's an easy fix with peachtree
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will make it right.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    I'm sure a few of us are waiting to hear how THEIR customer satisfaction concerns are.

I hope they're 1st class like their products seem to be. ;)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    verb wrote: »
    So today I went to a local repair shop, one that I have gone to several times before, and have been quite satisfied with their work.

They wouldn't touch it.

Northern?

Curious nosey pants minds need to know ...
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    GlennDog wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

They wouldn't touch it.

Northern?

Curious nosey pants minds need to know ...

Yup.
  • verb
    So Peachtree customer service got back to me today. $185 flat rate to replace the RCA jack module, and check everything else out. Includes return shipping. I cover the shipping to Peachtree in North Carolina.

Oh well, all part of the journey.

Lessons learned on non-locking RCA jacks. If your connections are tight, be very careful when removing em! :smile:
  • Clipdat
    That's actually not a bad price, imo.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Clipdat wrote: »
    That's actually not a bad price, imo.

Yeah
    About half the cost of a pair of high-quality matched electron tubes LOL :D
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    Well, this baby is off to Peachtree for repairs! They're gonna replace the RCA module, and check everything else out to ensure it's all good. Another leg in the journey! :smile:
    86kwywpabv6n.jpg
  • verb
    More drama on the Peachtree front. Item was received, however it sustained damage. UPS gotta love em.
    klyqpyzrchm5.jpg
    And, they do not carry the piano black cases anymore! Only rosewood or cherry.
  • verb
    edited April 2019
    So I can either repair the case myself, or give it a makeover (additional $129):
    Rosewood -
    j116gazu51lf.png
    Cherry -
    echx4vrkwo5d.png
  • verb
    So Peachtree sent some more pics per my request. Looks like it was dropped right on the corner!
    yau5vb2q9nk2.png
    2yitwzxba7zm.png
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Probably won't get anywhere, but try filing a claim with UPS. Maybe you can get them to cough up the cost of a new case.
  • verb
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Probably won't get anywhere, but try filing a claim with UPS. Maybe you can get them to cough up the cost of a new case.

Yep. Gonna try, but expectations are low.
  • Tony M
    Sorry to here that! :#

I think they'll pay up and you should be able to keep the black one too. ;)

Are you and Drew related in some way?
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »
    Sorry to here that! :#

I think they'll pay up and you should be able to keep the black one too. ;)

Are you and Drew related in some way?

I wonder. Brothers from another mother! :smile:
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's only cosmetic.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    If they deny the claim I would protest it. That is clearly damage done by them.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden