Peachtree Audio in Verb's house!

verbverb Posts: 5,064
edited January 15 in 2 Channel Audio
Just received this absolutely stunning piece of equipment from @rooftop59 today!
Beautiful piano black finish on the case. And, this thing is beefy! 26 lbs according to the website.
ohq39ot13la0.jpg

https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/nova-amplifier-with-dac.html

Gonna play with it this weekend. Start out in the nearfield system, and compare to the Marantz AMP-1 that I have their now. Eventually, maybe, in the living room. Ya never know!

Who would've thought, I'd have a tube hybrid (edited for @codycatalist :smile:) integrated amp in the house! :smile:

Thanks Paul for sharing your journey with me! What a ride it is!

And for @tonyb impressions to come! :smile:

Some rave reviews out there:
http://www.tonepublications.com/review/the-peachtree-nova-2
https://cdn.stereophile.com/content/istereophileis-products-2009-2009-product-year
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
Post edited by verb on

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,022
    You mean Hybrid Integrated =P

My Uncle picked one of these up the other day at Goodwill for $75! Haven't had the chance to listen but have heard nothing but good things about Peachtree. Enjoy dude!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verbverb Posts: 5,064
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Your equipment rack looks like a piece of **** cardboard box...

Ha! It crushes the box! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mantismantis Posts: 15,232
    mrbiron wrote: »
    Your equipment rack looks like a piece of **** cardboard box...
    Yeah I expected more from something from Macy's.

Anyway that's a fantastic piece. I've done many of them with excellent results. Make sure the tube is good, if not absolutely put a new one in but they last years before they need to be replaced.
    I use to do a lot of Focal Towers with them and run Computer High Rez music with amazing results.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,942
    I have the Nova's little brother and enjoy it quite a bit. I assume the characteristics are identical, but mo powa.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Temporary location. Standby mode.
    b3m21t5gbemt.jpg

Powered on. Source selction button flashes blue while the tube is warming up.
    iiwmqd2i1dvq.jpg
    Couldn't wait! Playing Lindsey Stirling! :smile:
    ota9bus93fg2.jpg
  • sbb2112sbb2112 Posts: 95
    Quite the binge on stuff going on. Rock on with the new pieces. Enjoy the reviews of it all
    Main System

Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    Bose 151 ceiling surrounds
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    5TB usb media storage disk
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K

Office System
    Mcintosh MX132 processor
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    2TB usb media storage disk

Polk CS400i center channel -in storage
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,871
    I like the look of this piece.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • coolsaxcoolsax Posts: 1,737

My Uncle picked one of these up the other day at Goodwill for $75! Haven't had the chance to listen but have heard nothing but good things about Peachtree. Enjoy dude!

That's an insane price for any peachtree.. that goodwill must not have realized what they had b/c most good pieces don't make it to goodwill floor, a lot get put on ebay and auctioned off.
    2ch -
    BlueSound Node or Onkyo CP1050 TT->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,063
    Looks fabulous Dave. Congratulations
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with Mullard NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,597
    Looks great. I have read a lot of good stuff on Peachtree. The 300 and 500 have been getting quite a bit of reviews lately.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,022
    coolsax wrote: »

That's an insane price for any peachtree.. that goodwill must not have realized what they had b/c most good pieces don't make it to goodwill floor, a lot get put on ebay and auctioned off.

Yup, I was surprised as well. Even if it does make it to the floor they usually do SOME research on the price if it looks nice and you get a discount...not as much as it used to be though.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    halo wrote: »
    You dirty rat. Snagged that piece while I was debating. Dang it!!! lol

Sorry sir! :smile: Not! Hey this thing is really sweet sounding! Gonna compare to the AMP-1 over the weekend.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,868
    Loved my Nova. It sounds great and is the best looking piece I've ever owned.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,417
    Well you've got Operation Blue Meters already.

What could possibly be next?

How's that extra garage coming along?

Also, how is that McIntosh Amp doing ?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Tony M wrote: »
    Well you've got Operation Blue Meters already.

What could possibly be next?

How's that extra garage coming along?

Also, how is that McIntosh Amp doing ?

Hey Tony the garage project is going forward. We plan to break ground this spring.

Loving the Mac! :smile:
    So today, I cleaned the spring terminals on the remote cause they had a bit of corrosion, no big deal. Normally I wouldn't use the remote in the nearfield, but wanted to check it out.

So to my surprise, there is a button on the remote that says "tube". Whoa! Instant bling factor! It lights up a blue LED underneath the tube! I love bling! :smile:
    5uzap0hx20v8.jpg
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,063
    Me too^ awesome Dave.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with Mullard NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,143
    Hey Dave if the tube isn’t blue it isn’t in the signal chain. That button is to essentially turn the tube on or off, making the map either pure solid state or solid state amp with a tuned pre...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,417
    edited January 22
    Now we all wish we were able to have jumped on that GREAT deal. That's COOL!

Enjoy your new BLUE lit toys Dave. :D B)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Hey Dave if the tube isn’t blue it isn’t in the signal chain. That button is to essentially turn the tube on or off, making the map either pure solid state or solid state amp with a tuned pre...

Wow I did not know that! Interesting. Thanks for the info! Now my listening evaluation has to start all over again! :smile:
    That what I love about this forum! Learning something new every day! :smile: Wow! A switchable input stage!

c088aehmqi3s.png

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/amplifiers/peachtree-audio-nova-915865/review
  • Mikey081057Mikey081057 Posts: 6,006
    Some folks might turn their noses up at a Peach but they have a sweet sound...Love the case too... Mine is in rosewood.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

HT:Polk LSiM 706 LSiM 705's VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's| Marantz AV7704 | Sunfire TGA-7401 | Oppo UDP 203 | Sony PS4 Pro| Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | SVS PB13 Ultra | MIT EXP 2's (Fronts & Center)

ManCave: Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro | Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's | Usher BE-616 Center | SVS Ultra Surrounds | SVS SB4000 Sub |Oppo UDP 203 | MIT Shotgun S3's | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life | Samsung 50" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office Bluesound Node | Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | Marantz 2385 |

Bedroom Peactree Nova 125SE | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio | SVS SB2000 Sub

Garage Yamaha R-N303BL | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | 2 Parasound A23's | Marantz 2252B
  • GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,780
    verb wrote: »

Wow I did not know that! Interesting. Thanks for the info! Now my listening evaluation has to start all over again! :smile:

As my better 1/2 might imply, "men don't read installation/how-to instructions"
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Salk SuperCharged Surrounds
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 205
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,969
    GlennDog wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

As my better 1/2 might imply, "men don't read installation/how-to instructions"

Or, as others would put it:
    RTFM

:)
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 18,799
    I think my avatar speaks for your latest purchase...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i | Preamp/DAC: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell | Power Amp: Parasound Halo A21 | Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 | Cables: Kimber Hero XLR; Kimber 8VS Bi-Wire; DH Labs D-75 Dig Coax | AC Power: Panamax M5300-PM
    So, I've had this baby for about a week in the office. Nearfield setup. Loving it!

Interesting, despite the added bling of the backlit tube, the Mrs still has not noticed it! :smile: