You've been on Club Polk too long if...

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Beware around wet cement Tony...

lol....and you around wood chippers, ala Fargo. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    tonyb wrote: »
    Beware around wet cement Tony...

lol....and you around wood chippers, ala Fargo. :)

That's going to leave a mark :D
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    "tonyb wrote: »
    When you move a piece of furniture and scratch it, then think....Better call Jesse

Funny, I cracked the side post of my bed frame, first words to my wife. Let’s support it up with a car jack and I’ll PM Jesse.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,007
    F1nut wrote: »
    mantis wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »
    My favorite club polk past time was the BDT, RUSS, MANTIS, LIV4FAM flame threads. Epicness
    Those where the days LOL

Days you'd rather forget me thinks.
    It was all in good fun.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    zingo wrote: »
    46890.jpg

46909.jpg

Scary bunch of dudes like this

Is that Dangerboy (Al) in that top photo?
    Carl

• schwarcw
    I'll bet not many here remember Nascarmann, RIP. Super guy with great sense of humor. I believe he was the first to respond to my first post.

I remember Nascarmann, very good guy. I believe that it was YOU (Jesse) who responded to my first post. You were the first to respond to many newcomers. Thank you!
    Carl

• schwarcw
    msg wrote: »
    Who was Darla?

"As the Wingnut turns." Was a drama that we followed intensely for a month or so. Very nice woman, I hope that all is well. It's tough to be a cop.

Carl

• pitdogg2
    Hey Carl sup man?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    schwarcw wrote: »
    46890.jpg

46909.jpg

Scary bunch of dudes like this

Is that Dangerboy (Al) in that top photo?

It is.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    You've been on Club Polk too long if...you remember meeting Miller Lite Scott at Polk HQ and we were somewhat the "newbies" at the time.

We actually got to meet the Polk reps, designers and sound engineers.

I remember they had this one system that never hit the market....it was some sort of wired, yet wireless system. One plug for both speakers and a wireless plugged in surround.

At that point in time, they actually listened to feedback.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • schwarcw
    treitz3 wrote: »
    You've been on Club Polk too long if...you remember meeting Miller Lite Scott at Polk HQ and we were somewhat the "newbies" at the time.

I remember they had this one system that never hit the market....it was some sort of wired, yet wireless system. One plug for both speakers and a wireless plugged in surround.

Tom

Hey Tom, do you remember seeing this Polk turntable at Polk HQ?

askbxr2ad2hm.jpg
    dp1malqq8b6b.jpg
    Carl

• treitz3
    Vaguely, Carl?

That's the best I can offer bro'.

That obviously was not in the hallway of "history". Stu's office, perhaps?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    Hang on a minute...that was in the second studio room where they had everything draped off with black curtains and the 5 or 7.1 system that sounded pretty damned good?

Tom
  • treitz3
    I'll bet not many here remember Nascarmann, RIP. Super guy with great sense of humor. I believe he was the first to respond to my first post.

Jesse, I believe you were the first to respond to my first post BITD.

I'd rather say something while you are alive, then when you are gone. Thanks man.

Tom
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342

I recall being there with you and Ed the SRT king looking at it, and someone was thinking of a way to smuggle it out.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited March 2019
    treitz3 wrote: »

Tom

askbxr2ad2hm.jpg
    dp1malqq8b6b.jpg

That was in the hallway of the offices in the back. There was also a mini SRT system model back there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• When you bought your first set of speaker Monitor 70 from circuit city.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • pitdogg2
    When you bought your first set of speaker Monitor 70 from circuit city.

Yeah that's funny when I went in to Circuit City and bought my 27 inch TV I was looking at a Hitachi TV that had a thousand lines of resolution. The salesman told me it'd be a waste of money to buy it since nobody was ever going to use a thousand lines of resolution on a TV. Now look what we have for TVs his foresight was pretty dead.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937

I didn’t buy there, but when I made my first major audio purchase I compared the rm6750 to the monitor 30s at circuit city. I bought the monitor setup online. On the one hand I admit that o am part of the problem of b&m stores going away. On the other hand, adapt or die...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Circuit City hadn't even been invented yet when I bought my first Polk's
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr wrote: »

And this is why this forum is what it is. A wealth of knowledge dating back to pre circuit city day.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yeah that's funny when I went in to Circuit City and bought my 27 inch TV I was looking at a Hitachi TV that had a thousand lines of resolution. The salesman told me it'd be a waste of money to buy it since nobody was ever going to use a thousand lines of resolution on a TV. Now look what we have for TVs his foresight was pretty dead.

And now Circuit City is dead... good thing he wasn’t a psychic.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    audioluvr wrote: »

Circuit City had been around since 1949, though the concept of big-box didn’t happen until the 1970’s
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,598
    Been here too long when you think soundbars are the epitome of audio.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    46890.jpgScary bunch of dudes like this

Forensic sketch artists have hypothesized with that guy in the middle with crossed arms, sans bushy beard, is the one and only … I’ll assume that’s Russ??

Could those in-the-know, tell us who the rest of the Motley Crue is?
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12