I will miss all of you when they shut this place down

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    Well it can't shut down till I sell the remainder of these Dreadnought Cases!! :D LOL!!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Thanx! Let me know if you need my password.

Yeah I will need your username and password to your bank to fix this. Also include your Social Security number, secret question answers and your Date of Birth :smile:....

Username: hermitism
    Password: jesseisacuddlybear
    SSN: 123-45-6789
    Secret Question: How many Dans does it take to change my avatar?
    Answer: Apparently more than one.
    DOB: xx/xx/1971
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    Another couple of alternative forums...

https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/audio/general-av-discussions.8/

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/forum

:)

Come to think of it, maybe this forum could be merged into a larger Sound United forum as one brand subforum. There are other brands under the umbrella of major interest now. No idea why the management hasn't done it already. Klipsch has their own.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    This thread is what needs to end. Now!

And why?
    It’s a candid discussion of what Club Polk is about and where it may going

I think the idea is to be careful what you ask for...this thread seems to be asking for Polk to pull the plug

That's quite a leap
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited March 2019
    ProBoards is still working, I just logged in, though it's been awhile and I needed to have a password reset.
    So good, we have a PLan B if they take us off life support here.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Ditto ^^ pass reset also.

Re-read the Rant page. Funny shi* there.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I made a couple tweaks to the forum after not being on there for a bit..... hopefully that helps folks that were having problems like @mhardy6647 and @Hermitism
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I hopped on Proboards as well...jusssst in case.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    I had to reset my password and all was good to go...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited March 2019
    I made a couple tweaks to the forum after not being on there for a bit..... hopefully that helps folks that were having problems like @mhardy6647 and @Hermitism

Actually, other than my being kinda slow when it comes to learning different board s/w, I had no problems at all. Just to set the record straight :)
  • Hermitism
    Unfortunately, no change.

2j4lodcs41rd.jpg
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Registered. No issues.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • EndersShadow
    Unfortunately, no change.

2j4lodcs41rd.jpg

PM me here and lets see what we can do. I am curious what browser you are using. Lets start with that (via PM)...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mhardy6647
    I wondered if it might be an adblocker (etc.) thing?
    e.g., I use Chrome with ABP but no other blockers.
  • Hermitism
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nope, but good thought. I tried disabling it 3 or 4 years ago when the problem started with no positive results. I thought maybe the adblocker was preventing the options menu from showing up. I've also used several browsers, I've used a desktop, laptop and tablet. It's an issue with a software update that was implemented 3 or 4 years ago and it caused problems with random accounts. It's a known issue. Dan and I found some threads on the issue, we just aren't sure yet if it is going to fix my problem. He's gonna work on it tonight. I ended up deleting all my post when this happened, thinking that there was some sort of corruption, but that didn't help. So I can't buy or sell anything over there because I'm a newbie. :smiley:
  • mhardy6647
    You got stuff you wanna sell?

;)
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I suspect this forum generates zero revenue which can be 'measured' unless there was a subscription to join. The question becomes....how many people would pay up? Hope this is all a moot point...otherwise I will have to buy all Emotiva gear and join their forum.
  • mhardy6647
    msg wrote: »
    I just need help with my soundbar.

Triple box it if you're gonna ship via UPS.

B)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    My wallet won't miss any of you !!!
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Nope, but good thought. I tried disabling it 3 or 4 years ago when the problem started with no positive results. I thought maybe the adblocker was preventing the options menu from showing up. I've also used several browsers, I've used a desktop, laptop and tablet. It's an issue with a software update that was implemented 3 or 4 years ago and it caused problems with random accounts. It's a known issue. Dan and I found some threads on the issue, we just aren't sure yet if it is going to fix my problem. He's gonna work on it tonight. I ended up deleting all my post when this happened, thinking that there was some sort of corruption, but that didn't help. So I can't buy or sell anything over there because I'm a newbie. :smiley:

Didn't get a chance to look Herm, got tied up with the parents computer build (ran into a fluke grounding/short issue with the case and motherboard it took me 5+ hours (and some texts to @ZLTFUL) to diagnose.... needless to say I went home and straight to bed. Still need to FIX the issue, but at least we know what it is now lol.....

I will try to look at those posts later tonight.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I suspect this forum generates zero revenue which can be 'measured' unless there was a subscription to join. The question becomes....how many people would pay up? Hope this is all a moot point...otherwise I will have to buy all Emotiva gear and join their forum.

One the one hand I agree it’s hard to tell, on the other hand if they actually had a couple knowledgeable mods (and Ken was very knowledgeable but a little old school lol) and at least one customer service rep regularly checking in, a lot of service issues could be dealt with here. And a number of folks have upgraded their Polk speakers to new Polk speakers over the years in large part because of feedback here. With B&M stores almost dead, seems like this place is more important than ever. Perhaps Facebook and Twitter are more important, but I do t think this place is a money loser or irrelevant fwiw...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Perhaps if the forum could generate a 3 percent fee from every transaction in the Marketplace or whatever its called....this place would be more viable. Also, members could purchase Polk products here at a slight discount. Just thinking out loud. My current corp. day job is boring as heck so I would be interested in working on something.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I would pay to keep this place open (E.G. Audiokarma's Barter Town).
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I don't know what I'll do with my freedom of speech fully restored.....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    steveinaz wrote: »

You'll manage you fruit loop :p:p

LOL
  • mhardy6647
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »

You'll manage you fruit loop hockey puck :p:p

LOL

Fixed that for you. Don fixed that for you.

zvacb8tduoaf.png