I will miss all of you when they shut this place down

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    As I said, the site has been dormant for a long time. I only linked it so that if the plug does get yanked here, that we have a place to go. Endershadow has actually been running things there. I am certain that if we need it, or there is a desire, we can get the place sorted and running properly rather quickly.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited March 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    For the last several years, I can't edit my settings, change my profile, change my notifications, change my avatar, nothing.

Heh -- I rose to the challenge. :)

so... actually changing one's avatar there is a two step process. Select/upload/whatever the avatar and then click the correct option.
    ... and then save, of course :#

ac62cw4j2wwg.png
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited March 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    For the last several years, I can't edit my settings, change my profile, change my notifications, change my avatar, nothing.

so... actually changing one's avatar there is a two step process. Select/upload/whatever the avatar and then click the correct option.
    See that's the problem, I know how to change my avatar, but it won't let me. When I try to edit profile, the pages don't load allowing me to make changes. This is the page to change my avatar and nothing shows up. How am I supposed to sleep at night?

q3to1opvs21o.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    As I said, the site has been dormant for a long time. I only linked it so that if the plug does get yanked here, that we have a place to go. Endershadow has actually been running things there. I am certain that if we need it, or there is a desire, we can get the place sorted and running properly rather quickly.

And I'd be glad to pay for his services

Like mentioned before I'd like to see an archival of SDA and other crucial info of this community be available for the future

It was built by Polk and Polkies, no reason for it to be come dust in the wind
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Rays compendium and other SDA info is hosted on my site, atleast in that event.

I guess in theory I could also save and upload schematics and such.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2019
    I would say that as much information that can be archived elsewhere is not a bad idea. There have been times in the past where speculation ran rampant that they were going to shut this down, but within hours of the thought getting out there, someone stepped in and put those fears to rest.

Today, that is not happening, and those among us that had ways of finding things out are, unfortunately, as clueless as the rest of us. We have no moderation as of yet, and Polk has a myriad of other outlets such as Facebook they appear far more interested in. They don't really have a need for a sponsored forum such as this anymore.

IMHO, the writing is on the wall....

Anybody that has things they want to share at http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/ can be granted admin access temporarily so they can set it up they way they like. I hope we can get Darqueknight to place his work there as well. He is already a member there, and I would love to be able to preserve his work, and the work of others as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

See that's the problem, I know how to change my avatar, but it won't let me. When I try to edit profile, the pages don't load allowing me to make changes. This is the page to change my avatar and nothing shows up. How am I supposed to sleep at night?

q3to1opvs21o.jpg

well, dang -- sorry to hear/see that.
    Maybe Polk customer service can help ;)

ooh, maybe too early for such humor :*
  • adb3da
    adb3da Posts: 506
    Did I miss an announcement that Polk is shutting down the forum? What’s the reason for all this speculation?
  • nooshinjohn
    No mod for two going on three weeks, lack of any support here for customer requests, reported threads or posts, etc.... I could go on, but the picture is that they don’t seem to care, so taking precautions in the event they close up our little forum would seem a prudent move at this juncture.

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    For the last several years, I can't edit my settings, change my profile, change my notifications, change my avatar, underwear, nothing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited March 2019
    Well, if this is the beginning of the end, I'd like to go out with what is perhaps my most favorite quote...

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I'll check back in a week or two to see if this place still exists. :p

Oh, and to whoever would happen to be the last one here, please remember to turn the light off. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Well, if this is the beginning of the end, I'd like to go out with what is perhaps my most favorite quote...

I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I'll check back in a week or two to see if this place still exists. :p

Oh, and to whoever would happen to be the last one here, please remember to turn the light off. ;)
    [emphasis added]

@lightman1

he's qualified.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2019
    "I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

The man B.B. said it on his 111th birthday. I love that quote too! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I sure hope this forum can survive. If not thank you all for a great ride. I ran into this forum many years ago and I am glad I did. What a great bunch of members here.

Thanks
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited March 2019
    It would be a real shame if they shut it down. I haven't finished my audio education yet.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,635
    Was around before the internet. We be here after. Will miss the YouTube vinyl channels.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2019
    I just had my youngest son now 29 years old ask me this weekend if I still get on and talk to my "Polk Buddies". He still recalls hearing me laughing at some of the stuff that got posted from the early days of ClubPolk. Almost 2 decades of lurking/joining/sharing/enjoying what Polk Audio had to offer from some of the nicest group of keyboard friends that I could have asked for. Driven many a mile to salvage/deliver Polks of all vintages in the center of this fine country. Thanks for the fun times! I guess that I need to make an LSAF attendance plan.......
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    This thread is what needs to end. Now!
  • mhardy6647
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    I sure hope this forum can survive. If not thank you all for a great ride. I ran into this forum many years ago and I am glad I did. What a great bunch of members here.

Thanks

^^^ Written by one of the best of them (umm, "us"), this is!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    dromunds wrote: »

And why?
    It’s a candid discussion of what Club Polk is about and where it may going

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »

And why?
    It’s a candid discussion of what Club Polk is about and where it may going

I think the idea is to be careful what you ask for...this thread seems to be asking for Polk to pull the plug
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    On the contrary... it is people expressing their frustration with Polk’s lack of direction here over the past few weeks, and providing those that wish to remain in contact as a group another place to go if needed. Polk can step in and let us know things are cool and not to worry if they like.

I have reached out to KenCS several times now through PM and none have been responded to as of yet....

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    I feel you guys. Seems nothing is going on in terms of Polks hand in this forum. If it comes to an end thanks for 3 years of wealth, knowledge, laughter and friends. Came on a 24 year old n00b leaving a 27 year old n00b... With a little more knowledge and insight.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517

Yeah.... I've been quite lax in checking in over there to see what the state of things are..... just got busy with kids and school and life in general... plus for a bit things lightened up from what caused us to initially create it.....

@Hermitism when I get some time I will see what I can figure out about your profile.......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Thanx! Let me know if you need my password.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    I think Doro set that forum up. I remember it...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2