Goodbye and good wishes to Kenneth Swauger

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Thanks for putting up with us knuckleheads.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Ken, take care. Good luck, and thanks for getting the iPhone problem fixed a few weeks ago.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • You done a mighty fine job at controlling this wild crowd. Congrats on retiring.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Thank you Ken. Best wishes for you. It was our pleasure. Take care Ken
    Randy/Maine
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Thank you Ken and best of luck to you in your future endeavors.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Thanks again Ken you will be missed here
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Thanks a lot Ken, you have done a lot around here.
    You will be missed. :)
  • Thank you Ken. Gonna miss you being the go to guy. Hope things are ok in your life! God bless all that you do.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Thanks for all the help over the years.

Wishing you the very best!!!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,050
    Good luck on your second retirement. You managed to do a great job despite the impossible position of being between new management and the old forum guard. I'm sure it was a thankless job, but thank you for all you did.

Now it's time to tinker full time and don't be a stranger. I always enjoyed your refurbish threads. We all are audio nuts together.

Best wishes

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Best wishes Ken on your upcoming retirement!
  • Thanks Ken.........Hip Hip Hooray
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Thank you Ken for all your help. I wish you well on your future endeavors...you will be missed so don't be a stranger.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Hi Ken, you will be missed, but you deserve to enjoy your retirement.

Thank you for all the years of service both with Polk Audio, and on this forum.

Take care of yourself.
    Cathy
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Thank you, everyone, for your much appreciated thoughtfulness. I came to the conclusion that I would rather enjoy the forum as a "civilian" rather than have to mediate disputes and act as a censor. I liked the job best when I could figure out how to help someone solve a problem.
    The Tapesonic is sounding excellent after some interesting challenges, I'll take some photos and post on its thread. The Ampex/de Havilland has undergone some changes both in the transport and electronics that I'll likewise update more thoroughly if interested. The Stellavox had to have some Swiss surgery but is now in perfect condition. I'm trying to build a magnetic flux loop out of wire and a button and the 1958 playback amplifier project is near beginning.
    Stay tuned.

As long as you behave yourself when posting as a civilian. We'll be watching...

B)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    So long and thanks for all the fish
    So sad that it should come to this
    We tried to warn you all those years
    You may not share our intellect
    Which might explain the disrespect
    For all the natural ones that loom,a-round you
    So long, So long, and thanks, for all the fish
    The worlds about to be destroyed
    Theres no point getting all annoyed
    Lie back and let the planet dissolve
    Despite those nets of tuna fleets
    We thought that most of you were sweet
    Especially tiny tots in your preg-nant, wo-men
    So long, So long, So long, So long, So long
    (high voice) So long, So long, So long, So long, So long, So long
    So long, So long, and thanks, for all the fish
    (Choir) So long and thanks for all the fish
    (Choir) So sad that it should come to this
    (Choir) We tried to warn you all of those years, oh dear
    (Choir) Despite those nets of tuna fleets
    (Choir) We thought that most of you were sweet
    (Choir) Especially tiny tots, in your preg-nant, wo-men
    So long, So long, So long, So long, So long
    (high voice) So long, So long, So long, So long, So long
    So long, So long and thanks, for all the fish
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Thanks for all the time and effort you provided. Enjoy your new-found free time!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Good luck Ken...

Life is good!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    Rock on Ken!
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    It’s obvious that many here appreciate what you have done to keep the forum running well. I’ll be reading your posts on the Tapesonic and Ampex.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Hey Ken....good luck with your future!

You will be missed on the forum.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Wow - goodbye to a gentleman and a scholar!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    Thanks for all the hard work!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Enjoy the retirement. But who are we going to direct all the OMG! THIS BLAH, BLAH, BLAH SOUNDBAR , BLAH , BLAH, BLAH AND POLK CS WON'T HELP ME people to? :D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Now that he can have one, I wonder how long his ignore list will be.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,309
    Hey, does this mean we can ignore the "keep it clean" request pinned at the top now? >:)