Another Mars Landing today. I missed the live feed but here it is.

2»

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    That there is FUNNY! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Tony M wrote: »
    All this done and at a distance of :o

How many miles is Earth from Mars?

On average, the distance to Mars from Earth is 140 million miles (225 million kilometers), according to NASA. However, the distance to Mars from Earth is constantly changing.

No doubt i have a hard time getting radio stations 50 miles from my house yet they can get radio signals to and from Mars.....
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

On average, the distance to Mars from Earth is 140 million miles (225 million kilometers), according to NASA. However, the distance to Mars from Earth is constantly changing.

No doubt i have a hard time getting radio stations 50 miles from my house yet they can get radio signals to and from Mars.....

They have a bigger antenna. :|

qkfjyh0v7k5q.png
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Easy fix. Reynolds Wrap on the rabbit ears.

Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    I just grinned a big grin seeing that antenna! :D I could use one too. ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

LOL...or a wifi signal 40 feet.

Kinda wondering now, if they use a big pliers to adjust that dish, like we did with our old TV's.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    tonyb wrote: »

LOL...or a wifi signal 40 feet.

Kinda wondering now, if they use a big pliers to adjust that dish, like we did with our old TV's.

No -- but they've got a warehouse full of aluminum foil... :)

eil3ydndpbd1.png
  • Tony M
    utu2jf90w3uh.png
  • mhardy6647
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    0a8584c079hw.jpg

Photoshop for sure.
    That building's an Amazon warehouse.
    Don't ask me how I know this...
  • mhardy6647
    utu2jf90w3uh.png

Derp. Beat me to it :p
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    NASA for the first time captured the sounds of wind blowing across Mars! Crank it up on your SDA's! :smile:
    https://youtu.be/IkpZXYrOCyg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    5e8jyt443v00.png

My wife and I have been disgusted by bank video quality for decades! >:)

It's like , it the year 2018 now and you can't install 1080P cameras in place of those outdated POS's.

Although there was one video of these Bank Robbers here in a small town just below me that had great video detail and they caught them by a seeing and later matching a small tear in one of the guys red plaid jacket. The video was that good for a change.

Great detective work also I might add!

• Tony M
    edited December 2018
    verb wrote: »
    NASA for the first time captured the sounds of wind blowing across Mars! Crank it up on your SDA's! :smile:
    https://youtu.be/IkpZXYrOCyg

Stellar BASS! B)

My wife thought there was thunder rolling outside.
    And I just had the sound up on my PC little system w/8"sub in the corner. I could imagine SRS's... :o:D
  • mhardy6647
    Thanks for the reminder!
    My son sent me the Mars link, too -- I need to remember to go upstairs and try it on the big hifi. :)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2019
    :)
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • verb
    So I watched the Netflix mini-series called MARS.

Interesting docu-drama. The Mrs thought it was boring however. Nonetheless it has some good points, and an extrapolation of what an expedition would look like, and what they might find.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • shack
    an extrapolation of what an expedition would look like, and what they might find.

We might not want to know...

belltxy4569x.jpg

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mhardy6647

Interesting docu-drama. The Mrs thought it was boring however. Nonetheless it has some good points, and an extrapolation of what an expedition would look like, and what they might find.

Ever read Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy?
  • shack
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

No, but I have read Edgar Rice Burroughs' The Martian Tales Trilogy...and over the years all of the Burroughs Martian, John Carter and Barsoom books (11 in all).

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb

Have not. I'll check em out!
  • verb

So I just picked up a used HC trilogy. Thanks Mark! :smile: