Another Mars Landing today. I missed the live feed but here it is.

2»

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 7,135
    That there is FUNNY! :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,286
    Tony M wrote: »
    All this done and at a distance of :o

How many miles is Earth from Mars?

On average, the distance to Mars from Earth is 140 million miles (225 million kilometers), according to NASA. However, the distance to Mars from Earth is constantly changing.

No doubt i have a hard time getting radio stations 50 miles from my house yet they can get radio signals to and from Mars.....
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,578
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

On average, the distance to Mars from Earth is 140 million miles (225 million kilometers), according to NASA. However, the distance to Mars from Earth is constantly changing.

No doubt i have a hard time getting radio stations 50 miles from my house yet they can get radio signals to and from Mars.....

They have a bigger antenna. :|

qkfjyh0v7k5q.png
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Easy fix. Reynolds Wrap on the rabbit ears.

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    I just grinned a big grin seeing that antenna! :D I could use one too. ;)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,567

LOL...or a wifi signal 40 feet.

Kinda wondering now, if they use a big pliers to adjust that dish, like we did with our old TV's.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    tonyb wrote: »

LOL...or a wifi signal 40 feet.

Kinda wondering now, if they use a big pliers to adjust that dish, like we did with our old TV's.

No -- but they've got a warehouse full of aluminum foil... :)

eil3ydndpbd1.png
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,244
    0a8584c079hw.jpg
    utu2jf90w3uh.png
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    0a8584c079hw.jpg

Photoshop for sure.
    That building's an Amazon warehouse.
    Don't ask me how I know this...
    utu2jf90w3uh.png

Derp. Beat me to it :p
  • verbverb Posts: 4,793
    NASA for the first time captured the sounds of wind blowing across Mars! Crank it up on your SDA's! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • 5e8jyt443v00.png
    5e8jyt443v00.png

My wife and I have been disgusted by bank video quality for decades! >:)

It's like , it the year 2018 now and you can't install 1080P cameras in place of those outdated POS's.

Although there was one video of these Bank Robbers here in a small town just below me that had great video detail and they caught them by a seeing and later matching a small tear in one of the guys red plaid jacket. The video was that good for a change.

Great detective work also I might add!

edited December 2018
    verb wrote: »
    NASA for the first time captured the sounds of wind blowing across Mars! Crank it up on your SDA's! :smile:

Stellar BASS! B)

My wife thought there was thunder rolling outside.
    And I just had the sound up on my PC little system w/8"sub in the corner. I could imagine SRS's... :o :D
    Thanks for the reminder!
    My son sent me the Mars link, too -- I need to remember to go upstairs and try it on the big hifi. :)
2»