Food humor...

Q: What do you call an Indian bakery that doesn't make money?
A: Naan-profit

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    ouvr7x0d3uyp.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    jvoqoh4o4sv4.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Q: What do you call an Indian bakery that doesn't make money?

Ever stop to think that a forum member of Indian heritage might take offense to that Ken? You have put people in time out for less.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I take offense to you assuming those of Indian decent have no sense of humor.
  • nooshinjohn
    Take offense all you want. In an age where jokes can be a sensitive issue to some that haven't developed a winter coat to protect themselves from the snowflakes, I think it is ill advised to offer up jokes based upon ethnicity... that is all.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2019
    Oh good Lawd man. If I wear a Sombrero, does that make someone offended too?

Enough with the walking on eggshells already.

Here....let me tell you a joke that will be sure to offend some sorry putz out there in internet land....

How did copper wire get invented? It took a family of rednecks on welfare and the shareholders of IHS Markit finding a penny on the sidewalk at the same time.

So, what part of that joke offended you today? I did talk about skin color....

Give me a damned break guys. Enough is enough!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • FestYboy
    It's difficult to type in sarcasm over the interwebs.

Let me be the first to say that I'm not a fan of this world's over sensitivity and it's inability to cope with reality/truth. When feelings become facts, society as a whole fails.
  • nooshinjohn
    FestYboy wrote: »
    It's difficult to type in sarcasm over the interwebs.

Let me be the first to say that I'm not a fan of this world's over sensitivity and it's inability to cope with reality/truth. When feelings become facts, society as a whole fails.

Neither am I, but when a MOD who has banned people for less does it, it sends the wrong message to the community as a whole. Does this mean we can start tossing in a few blonde jokes? My understanding is that Russ is the only person we are allowed to joke about at will, and anything else comes under closer scrutiny.

• treitz3
    Well, that's because Russ is......well, Russ. Come on now...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Food Humor = srz bznz! :p
  • Q: What do you call an Indian bakery that doesn't make money?

Ever stop to think that a forum member of Indian heritage might take offense to that Ken? You have put people in time out for less.

The truth has never been spoken more clearly. My picture of the the Valentine cookies were removed twice.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    I see some things NEVER change....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Hey old timer!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2019
    Vegetarian: An old Indian word meaning "poor hunter."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shack
    How's it going Steve?

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steveinaz
    Good....hope life has been kind to you. Good to see you here.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    shack wrote: »
    I see some things NEVER change....

Welcome back!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited February 2019
    You are aware that "naan" is a type of bread common in India, often containing garlic or potatoes. It is hard to imagine how anyone, no matter what their ethnicity, could take umbrage at using it in a simple word play joke. In case your sense of humor is at the cleaners the jest is derived in linking the phrases "naan-profit" and "non-profit".
    I believe what is really behind your complaint is you using the opportunity to invent a pseudo affront merely to poke your sour grapes personality where it doesn't add anything.
    The other reference to removing a political themed photograph has no bearing.
  • shack
    edited February 2019
    steveinaz wrote: »

Yes life is good...but as life tends to be...very different from a few years ago.

However...some things don't change much. Anything in this photo look familiar? ;)

if279zchh2ai.jpg

• shack
    Willow wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Thanks...maybe just passing through...maybe staying around for a while.

• steveinaz

Yes life is good...but as life tends to be...very different from a few years ago.

However...some things don't change much. Anything in this photo look familiar? ;)

if279zchh2ai.jpg

She's still running huh? Awesome.
  • shack
    She's still running huh? Awesome.

Yep. The CA has a different sound from the "hot rodded" Sony SCD-C555ES. Both are VERY good...just a little different.

• nooshinjohn
    Nice looking setup Shack.

• treitz3
    Daggum.....blast from the past. The Shackdaddy is back!

Tom
  • steveinaz
    I think I sold you that CA like 12-13 years ago?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Willow wrote: »
    Welcome back!

Thanks...maybe just passing through...maybe staying around for a while.

Whichever, still nice to see you're around.
  • FestYboy

if279zchh2ai.jpg

Nice NADs... :*
  • shack
    I think I sold you that CA like 12-13 years ago?

Even more...December 2003. Damn...I'm getting old!!!

• shack
    Nice looking setup Shack.

Thanks.