Knee replacement has gone wrong. Totally sucks for me.

Had total knee replacement on 12/19/2017. Been waiting ever since for pain when I stand up and some swelling to go away. So I went to Dr. to see what he thought? After xrays he said that 20% have issues with the recovery. He does not know why. There were things in the xrays that concern him so he sent me to other Dr. for second opinion. So I went to this new Dr. today and he took more xrays. Then after examining and looking at xrays. He showed me that the glue used to bond the new knee parts and bones together had a gap between the bone and new knee parts. So now I have to go back in and get another new knee. So that means about three months with no income for recovery. I do not have a desk job. I install fountain equipment which includes lots of manual labor with heavy lifting and ladder climbing. So wish me luck. I am still married and home is paid off and all vehicles are paid off and bank account is fat enough. So I will be all good. It just sucks I have to go through this again? Thanks for letting me vent my frustration.
Love yours. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Good luck bro! Sounds like you are in a good place to be able to just focus on recovery, which is awesome!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    Dang! The things people go thru. Good luck sir. :|
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Sorry to hear that first surgery was a failure. :'(

I hope the next surgeon gets it right this time!

I'm glad you're financially able to weather this BS somewhat. I feel you have a great attitude going forward ...which is a good thing for sure! ;)

Good Luck
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Dang, that is sad and unfortunate. Very sorry to hear of this.
    Let us know if we can be of any assistance in the interim, by all means!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Wow, Best of luck to you!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Sorry you have to go through it again.
    Hang in there!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2019
    Speedy Recovey from the 2nd procedure hopefully your getting another surgeon for that one. Once your healed the best way to test out that knee is head north of the cities to Park Rapids to Itasca state park and climb the fire tower steps to the top.

My buddy couldn't climb it before he got both knees replaced after a successful double knee surgery he can beat me up the darn thing. If you go and make it pain free it was a successful procedure, oh yeah beautiful view of Northern Minnesota into Canada from that tower.
    https://minnesotafiretower.blogspot.com/2012/06/aiton-heights-fire-tower.html?m=1
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Man I'm so sorry! Good luck and you can be assured our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted. You can still rock on! :smile:
    ljntiqgsd3lx.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Hope you get well soon!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Feel better soon broham. In this instance, 2nd time's the charm!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Good luck. Maybe you can get some reimbursement from the first time for shoddy work. My father had a strenuous work life, and his knees were shot. He had both replaced, and he was a reborn person. I hope it ends well. Good luck.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Good luck on this go-around, positive vibes sent your way.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    If a surgeon told me that 20% of his Pts have complications, I would have found the nearest exit.

Sorry you have to go through this again, do A LOT of research and find the best surgeon to get this done right.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Man that sounds painful. Work like that is hard on the body. Hang in there. Prayers out for you on recovery
    Randy/Maine
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Had total knee replacement on 12/19/2017. Been waiting ever since for pain when I stand up and some swelling to go away. So I went to Dr. to see what he thought? After xrays he said that 20% have issues with the recovery. He does not know why. There were things in the xrays that concern him so he sent me to other Dr. for second opinion. So I went to this new Dr. today and he took more xrays. Then after examining and looking at xrays. He showed me that the glue used to bond the new knee parts and bones together had a gap between the bone and new knee parts. So now I have to go back in and get another new knee. So that means about three months with no income for recovery. I do not have a desk job. I install fountain equipment which includes lots of manual labor with heavy lifting and ladder climbing. So wish me luck. I am still married and home is paid off and all vehicles are paid off and bank account is fat enough. So I will be all good. It just sucks I have to go through this again? Thanks for letting me vent my frustration.
    Love yours. D

Get a good malpractice attorney on this one. A gap means it was not done correctly to begin with.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about the issues with the first surgery.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Total knee replacement is a fairly common surgery. 20 percent of patients having issues sounds way too high unless there was something unique about your situation. Unfortunately for me I am facing the same surgery in the future. I have consulted with 3 doctors concerning this and never have I been told that it would be anything but successful. I will now ask what the success rate is before I have surgery.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Good luck and speedy recovery!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    edited February 2019
    Wow. That sucks sir.
    I will say the silver lining is the financial position you are in for the line of work you do. It’s uncommon to have someone with a labor career be financially independent. Kudos for that because most of my guys that work for us are week to week and some are way past 50
  • Oh geez! So sorry to hear that you are having this problem and have to go through the surgery again. My wife is getting ready to schedule double knee replacement surgery within the next few months. I am very worried about the outcome but she is so tired of the pain, she feels like she must go ahead with the surgery.

I wish you a 100% successful outcome this time!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Good luck to you Sir. That’s really unfortunate.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited February 2019
    This sucks....is an understatement. Sorry to hear about this bro. You better not get charged for the first one.

A lawyer may be necessary depending on how they will compensate you. Additional time off of work is worth something....just make sure it doesn't get eaten up by lawyer fees. If the tables were turned and the Doctors time was waisted by you, you can bet the farm you'd get charged.

Considering no insurance company is going to pay for both either, I'm afraid your going to have no choice in the matter at the end of the day. Good luck to you and speedy recovery.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Sorry to hear this. My wife has had both knees done by 2 different doctors. She complains about the 2nd knee replacement a lot. After reading this I think I'll suggest she see a different doctor for a look see.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Something else to think about. Depending on how the next one goes, and if you get a lawyer at the end of it all, ask for a lot of money.

Your job description dictates that you may not be able to do that job anymore, depending on the amount of pain your in, especially if the 2nd one isn't much better than the first. This is career ending stuff, something to think about is all I'm sayin'.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Thank you all. Keep me posted what the Pros think Joey V.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    edited February 2019
    I usually do not participate in personal health issue threads but I'll make an exception on this one. It is of my opinion that perhaps you might want to follow John and Tony's advice and get a lawyer on this one. I hate lawyers with a passion....well, I love by lawyer buddies but I hate their profession....and I REALLY hate the frivolous lawsuits that do nothing but cause the supposed "correction of stupidity" to spread like wildfire while getting the client next to nothing for being completely brain deficient, not using this thing called "common sense" while making the blood sucking lawyer(s) able to afford their 4th Ferrari.

IOW - a lawsuit brought forth to a company that did not warn a client about possibly cutting his fingers off with a chainsaw, even though 15 pages of more common sense instructions, warning labels and Caution warnings were all over everything about the product. It has gotten so ridiculous, now they have a warning on the plastic bags that the instruction manuals come in.

In your case, this is a real and legitimate reason for a lawsuit. Best wishes on this one man, I feel your pain. I don't necessarily have any knee issues but my back lets me completely relate to you.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~