What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 6,885
    dromunds wrote: »
    Good morning P’man!

Good afternoon :smile:

With these polar temps I’ve been a very busy guy. I hope as is well and warm with you.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 763
    Glenn Gould
    Bach: The French Suites, Vol.2 Nos.5& 6
    Columbia masterworks LP
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,970
    dromunds wrote: »
    50 years ago this date The Beatles performed live for the last time on the rooftop in London

And just like that, it was over. :'( "A Toot and a Snore in '74" and Ringo Star's "Ringo" were as close as we ever got to hearing them ever perform together again. There were discussions between the members of doing it all over again in the late '70's, but John's death put an end to it.

I will be going to see Paul in July this year for my birthday. B)

f6ajxfjo200f.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,879
    I’m reading The Lives of John Lennon right now and I’m at the rooftop concert. The author is NOT complimentary to Y.O. I saw Paul about ten years ago maybe fifteen he plays three hour shows that are fantastic. I’d go this summer but I could buy a Musical Fidelity integrated amp for what they want for tickets.
    10cc Bloody Tourists
    segue into
    Freeze Frame * Godley Creme LPs

AFAIRecall, The Lives of John Lennon was poo-pooed at the time of
    release so I never read it.
    LP sides
    Bad Company Burnin' Sky side 2
    and
    the Firm side 1
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 709
    zjxud0jbrr6g.jpg
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,970
    On vinyl of course..
    v1hkm6efeaxe.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    kmza3ncwbbl3.jpeg

The Open Mind • s/t.......Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

The Doors 'Waiting for the Sun' multi-ch
    Cold As Ice :s
    b7extndcz4l8.jpg
    p7auvxijbjqj.jpg
  • verbverb Posts: 5,678
    Listening to Juno Reactor while cloning my HD on the computer to SSD. Makes the slow process enjoyable!
    p916m15mpicg.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,249
    Try the "Shango" album.
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Try the "Shango" album.

I ordered it! Should be here next week. At the current data transfer rate (20mb/sec), I’ll be here a while! Beyond the Infinite next! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Spares VTL 2.5 Pre, EAR 834L Pre, Rotel RC1580 Pre, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Carver TFM35x Amp, (2) Dayens Ampino Integrated, (2) SDA 1C's, Monitor 10's, Monitor 5Jr's, Polk TSi200's, Rega RP1 TT, Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Bottlehead SEX 2.1 Integrated Amp
    zb8lr0dbdz2z.jpg
    u3g4guhtz5uh.jpeg

Yardbirds • Roger The Engineer
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

k4al5ttpt3r7.jpeg

Tito & Tarantula • Tarantism
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Disc cloning complete. Took 2 hours! Super fast boot up now. Celebrating with some Glitch Mob - See Without Eyes.
    cq98d01x5q72.jpeg
    Elton John 'Honky Chateu' SACD (2004)
    3rxxpyka2oyq.jpg
    Japan for A&M. Worth seeking out. B)
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 10,699
    Van Halen

obdlu5fbkfk8.png

George Thorogood

9x7lr3xm51ct.png

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin S1 - X1 power supply
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    so the 18' subwoofer cable arrived today and I was able to replace the long RCA
    cable I pressed into service.

Dire Straits 'Brothers in Arms' 20th anniversary edition 5.1 mix
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,612
    edited February 1
    Love that song!
    Bad to the Bone
    George Thorogood

On the day I was born
    The nurses all gathered 'round
    And they gazed in wide wonder
    At the joy they had found
    [
    The head nurse spoke up
    And she said leave this one alone

She could tell right away
    That I was bad to the bone[/b]
    Bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone
    I broke a thousand hearts
    Before I met you
    I'll break a thousand more, baby
    Before I am through

I wanna be yours pretty baby
    Yours and yours alone
    I'm here to tell ya honey
    That I'm bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone
    I make a rich woman beg
    I'll make a good woman steal
    I'll make an old woman blush
    And make a young girl squeal

I wanna be yours pretty baby
    Yours and yours alone
    That I'm bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    Bad to the bone
    Now when I walk the streets
    Kings and Queens step aside
    Every woman I meet
    They all stay satisfied

I wanna tell ya pretty baby
    Well ya see I make my own
    That I'm bad to the bone
    Bad to the bone
    B-B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    B-B-B-Bad
    (Hoo) bad to the bone

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Yes. Excellent song. Especially good as a Terminator theme song. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Golden Earring. Twilight Zone.

6qt4oyvjo55q.png
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,612
    You're playing my all time favorites!!!! 85+ decibels I hope. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.