Comments

• stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,280
    Steven Wilson!

5gtkq08gcu7i.jpeg
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

• stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,280
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @pumpkinman how are you liking that Ortofon Blue? I'm running the equivalent of the Red right now and I was thinking about upgrading to the Bronze or the Black.

I had the bronze on my music Hall tt. Very nice sounding cart. Easy on the ears and plenty detailed. A little too much surface noise for my tastes but that’s what you get with most mm’s
    2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

• pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 7,366
    edited January 29

kyflhodj0nhq.jpeg

ZZ Top • Tejas
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,138
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I had the bronze on my music Hall tt. Very nice sounding cart. Easy on the ears and plenty detailed. A little too much surface noise for my tastes but that’s what you get with most mm’s

Ideally I want something that is a little forgiving of records that are in less than perfect condition. Maybe the Blue is the best choice for me.
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,252
    50 years ago this date The Beatles performed live for the last time on the rooftop in London
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,397
    Clipdat wrote: »
    stangman67 wrote: »

Ideally I want something that is a little forgiving of records that are in less than perfect condition. Maybe the Blue is the best choice for me.

I am very forgiving of less than perfect records. My husband is not, having lived through the heyday of vinyl and cursing it.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Epos-Now gone
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,535
    Although I don't mention it much here (I know the comments it'll bring) but out of the wide variety of music I listen to my heart will always lie with hip hop. It was my first love of music when I was VERY young, my mom would play Outkast, Tupac, Dre etc. From there it just kicked off.

Gotta love DJ Premier's productions!

rfamj77ym8lg.jpg
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,535
    edited January 30
    You can just hear how full of life and amazing J Dilla used to make beats. Just fantastic and taken too soon due to health issues.

Also who doesn't love Bobby Caldwell?!

jot1usu1z7ca.jpg
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    zyosltftwg4k.jpeg
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Good morning P’man!
  • SIHABSIHAB Posts: 1,366
    Put the 706c back in to the system last night.
    Morrison Hotel 5.1
    Wishbone Ash Argus SACD (stereo)
    Wow, didn't know that was available in SACD. How's the sound?
    r62pu2ez88mr.jpeg

The Essential Bangles • Spotify
    Polk Monitor 7C w/ RDO-194 tweeters
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

dromunds wrote: »
    Good morning P’man!

Good afternoon :smile:

With these polar temps I’ve been a very busy guy. I hope as is well and warm with you.

lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Glenn Gould
    Bach: The French Suites, Vol.2 Nos.5& 6
    Columbia masterworks LP
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,336
    dromunds wrote: »
    50 years ago this date The Beatles performed live for the last time on the rooftop in London

And just like that, it was over. :'( "A Toot and a Snore in '74" and Ringo Star's "Ringo" were as close as we ever got to hearing them ever perform together again. There were discussions between the members of doing it all over again in the late '70's, but John's death put an end to it.

I will be going to see Paul in July this year for my birthday. B)

f6ajxfjo200f.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    I’m reading The Lives of John Lennon right now and I’m at the rooftop concert. The author is NOT complimentary to Y.O. I saw Paul about ten years ago maybe fifteen he plays three hour shows that are fantastic. I’d go this summer but I could buy a Musical Fidelity integrated amp for what they want for tickets.
    10cc Bloody Tourists
    segue into
    Freeze Frame * Godley Creme LPs

AFAIRecall, The Lives of John Lennon was poo-pooed at the time of
    release so I never read it.
    LP sides
    Bad Company Burnin' Sky side 2
    and
    the Firm side 1
  • JaybeezJaybeez Posts: 713
    zjxud0jbrr6g.jpg
    Living Room (HT):Denon AVR X-3000 ; LSiM 703 ; LSiM 704C ; LSiFX ; Sub – Rhythmik F12SE

2 Channel Studio: Marantz PM8004 Integrated ; Marantz SA8004 ; Music Hall MMF 7.3TT w/Ortofon Bronze; Schiit Bifrost DAC ; Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s ; Rythmik F12SE

"And these children that you spit on, as they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through."
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,336
    On vinyl of course..
    v1hkm6efeaxe.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    kmza3ncwbbl3.jpeg

The Open Mind • s/t.......Spotify
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

The Doors 'Waiting for the Sun' multi-ch