What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Ric Ocasek 'beatitude' promo LP
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2019
    Told y’all I’ve been on a Japanese kick lately...

rhquuawu69ga.png
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • codycatalist
    edited January 2019
    3ees3f700o7l.png

Then

02t9113yg6n4.png

Pretty unique three song shuffle.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Speaking of Japanese music...

u2pep8tewfwv.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist
    Speaking of Japanese music...

u2pep8tewfwv.jpg

My man, at least i'm not alone.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I have a few cd’s from her, and some Momoe Yamaguchi as well. Both were popular in Japan when I was stationed there in the 1980’s
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    o5z2c797507r.jpeg

Terry Reid • Rogue Waves
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • codycatalist
    I have a few cd’s from her, and some Momoe Yamaguchi as well. Both were popular in Japan when I was stationed there in the 1980’s

My Uncle was stationed out there from 2000 to 2013ish to my knowledge. I plan to try and go in 2 or so years, let's hope. Always been a dream of mine.

• pumpkinman
    ra891i58x40j.jpeg

The Wild Flowers • Sometime Soon
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @pumpkinman how are you liking that Ortofon Blue? I'm running the equivalent of the Red right now and I was thinking about upgrading to the Bronze or the Black.
  • pumpkinman
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @pumpkinman how are you liking that Ortofon Blue? I'm running the equivalent of the Red right now and I was thinking about upgrading to the Bronze or the Black.

Loving it !!! A friend who is much more knowledgeable than I says it’s one the best bang for the buck cartridges on the market right now.
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Steven Wilson!

5gtkq08gcu7i.jpeg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179

I had the bronze on my music Hall tt. Very nice sounding cart. Easy on the ears and plenty detailed. A little too much surface noise for my tastes but that’s what you get with most mm’s
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • pumpkinman
    edited January 2019

kyflhodj0nhq.jpeg

ZZ Top • Tejas
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I had the bronze on my music Hall tt. Very nice sounding cart. Easy on the ears and plenty detailed. A little too much surface noise for my tastes but that’s what you get with most mm’s

Ideally I want something that is a little forgiving of records that are in less than perfect condition. Maybe the Blue is the best choice for me.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    50 years ago this date The Beatles performed live for the last time on the rooftop in London
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    stangman67 wrote: »

Ideally I want something that is a little forgiving of records that are in less than perfect condition. Maybe the Blue is the best choice for me.

I am very forgiving of less than perfect records. My husband is not, having lived through the heyday of vinyl and cursing it.
  • codycatalist
    Although I don't mention it much here (I know the comments it'll bring) but out of the wide variety of music I listen to my heart will always lie with hip hop. It was my first love of music when I was VERY young, my mom would play Outkast, Tupac, Dre etc. From there it just kicked off.

Gotta love DJ Premier's productions!

rfamj77ym8lg.jpg

• codycatalist
    edited January 2019
    You can just hear how full of life and amazing J Dilla used to make beats. Just fantastic and taken too soon due to health issues.

Also who doesn't love Bobby Caldwell?!

jot1usu1z7ca.jpg

• pumpkinman
    zyosltftwg4k.jpeg
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• dromunds
    Good morning P’man!
  • SIHAB
    Put the 706c back in to the system last night.
    Morrison Hotel 5.1
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SIHAB
    Wishbone Ash Argus SACD (stereo)
  • dromunds
    Wow, didn't know that was available in SACD. How's the sound?
  • pumpkinman
    r62pu2ez88mr.jpeg

The Essential Bangles • Spotify
    Polk Monitor 7C w/ RDO-194 tweeters
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg