What is the cost of your system?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Anywho, I was looking for system cost, at retail, minus cabling/accessories to get at a "core" component cost demographic for the forum. Not HT stuff, but dedicated music system components.

Mine: $8850.00 (amp, pre, source, speakers, power center)

My retail number is near 75k, but as said before, I either built it myself or bought used and restored all of it. If I was to sell everything off that I currently have, I could end up turning a nice profit from my 15k investment.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Two marriages and three houses but it was worth it!

:s:# Ouch.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    #1...Do you want our main stereo's stuffs value when it was new?

#2...Or what we have paid out to aquire what we use as our main systems?

If it's #2, then your pole will get a few hits for sure.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Shoot: Cabling, power conditioning and room treatments probably puts me very close to category 3 already. So please put me in category 4.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Tony M
    I'm going to try cost when new retail.

I have 2 sets of speakers hooked up to the Integrated so I'll count both pair.

Around 7500.00. If the SRS2s were 1200.00 when new.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Tony M wrote: »
    I'm going to try cost when new retail.

I have 2 sets of speakers hooked up to the Integrated so I'll count both pair.

Around 7500.00. If the SRS2s were 1200.00 when new.

If the SRS2s were $1200 new back then, what would be the $ amount in $ today?

I think that's a more accurate representation of what people have invested in regards to the MSRP of a system. However, realistically, most people here don't pay the MSRP for their gear. Most people here (I say most) buy their gear from previous owner(s) or B-stock or when a very good deal comes along. For those that have invested in aftermarket interconnects, speaker cables, and power cords, that should definitely be figured into the total* cost of a system

(*In my humble opinion, there's no way to accurately calculate all the man hours put into making adjustments, configurations, modifications, etc).
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    halo wrote: »
    (*In my humble opinion, there's no way to accurately calculate all the man hours put into making adjustments, configurations, modifications, etc).

That would be a hell of a lot of money. But I believe for many of us, that is the fun part of this hobby besides just sitting down and enjoying the music.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ok, then in that case, with the NAD C320-BEE, NAD tuner, pioneer carousel, Sony ES dual cassette (last ES model they made), ProJect table, and the SRS 2s, i believe I sit firmly in the second category (retail). My cost of all listed items is ~ 800. I'm not complaining :)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’m more impressed to see this^
  • FestYboy
    Never gonna happen Joe, I'd never live it down. Let's just say that the layout breaks a few cardinal rules. Though if you really wanted to, I could PM you a pic
  • joecoulson
    Misunderstanding
    I meant I’m more impressed to see lower numbers with a complete system that has synergy and is pleasing to the owner
  • FestYboy
    In that case, this combo works very well for it's price point. Can't wait to bring in the 2.3s, 1600 pre and 2400 PE. That combo will bump the total to just over 1k. I will show it off once installed.
  • joecoulson
    Good stuff Arty.
  • Tony M
    My cost of my 7k+ system is 1000.00. give or take 50.00.

That's not including the Perspex TT or the Triton Ones. They're on another system.
  • FestYboy
    Tony, I dare say that you are some what of a freak when it comes to redonkulous deals. Your rigs don't count! :p same goes for @la2vegas :#;)
  • Tony M
    I even contemplated getting a job at a rural dump site many, many years ago.

Just think of the horror about how many Silver Faced receivers / amps and speakers too that ended up in the dumps. :s:'(:#
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Including cables, we are looking at $100K+ at list price. Saved a few dollars buying demo Pass gear, and buying cables from a vendor that doesn’t sell at list.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    edited January 2019
    My list price is well under my paid price. For the 2Bs, tweeters, crossover upgrades, preamp, cables, sources, rack, amp, turntable, upgraded cartridge... I paid around $1080.

Retail on the used market now $2500ish. Original MSRP, around $3500-4000.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    My immediate guess was under $5,000. After thinking about it for half a minute, that doubled. With a bit more calculation: $15,000. I guess that's why I'm living in a van down by the river. :'(
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Retail was around 14000 for my current equipment. I paid in the ballpark of 10000. I usually try my best to never buy anything at full price. Only one piece was bought used. Sales/closeouts always happens eventually
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    edited January 2019
    The cheapest system I have that I'd be willing like to use (didn't word that correctly before), my Mission 770s, NAD C352, and my Technics TT, cost $365. My main system right now (Kef Q150s instead of the Missions, otherwise the same) cost me $595. When I buy cables in the upcoming weeks that'll add around $200 to that, plus the wood for stands and the audio rack I'm planning on building.
    Wow that is more than I thought it was. Maybe I'm not as good of a deal hunter as I thought I was... ;)
    Post edited by mlistens03 on
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    Sometimes a picture...
    cch5l91mu4wj.jpg
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • joecoulson
    edited January 2019
    Micah. You have a fantastic system and I can imagine that you’ll be at a level you only dreamed of when your 15-20 yrs down the road.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Too lazy to research MSRP but my living room system (for the moment) including cables was less than $3,000. Very happy where I'm at but of course this will go up some once I figure in the new 1000va Dreadnought and Wireworld Mini-Eclipse IC cables for it. Of course I've only been back in this audio journey for about a year so...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Sometimes a picture...
    cch5l91mu4wj.jpg

How did you get a hold of a pic from @Viking64 's family album? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    Hey, that's nice Sony stuff! :#
    I think the tt might (???) even be a Sony 2251 (my current daily driver) -- or a relative thereof.

Besides, I see no pug. :)

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    Assuming this is the retail price you tell your wife, for my Mcintosh/Harbeth/Wyred/MIT 2 channel setup I'm guessing around $500. :p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Assuming this is the retail price you tell your wife, for my Mcintosh/Harbeth/Wyred/MIT 2 channel setup I'm guessing around $500. :p

That's only funny till you roll over in your grave when she sells it for $100 :#
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I’d rather not think about the number.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound