McCormack DNA-125 Stereo Power Amp w/ mods by Bob Backert

McCormack DNA-125 stereo power amplifier. This amp has been modded by Bob Backert of RHB Sound Dezign with upgraded signal path caps (Black Gate) and power supply. Cost of the mod was $500.00 alone. This is, bar none, the best sounding amp I have ever owned. The amp looks good except for a few very small blemishes here and there. Nothing big or really noticeable but I'm being overly cautious in my description just in case you see something I miss. Rear lettering has aged in a few places. The amp performs and sounds amazing. Original box & packing materials included. Local pick up is welcome and encouraged.

Price is $1000 to Polk Forum members in good standing with at least 100 posts. Price is $1200 to anyone else.

PayPal gift please from Polk Forum members in good standing. Please add 3.5% for PayPal fees for non-PayPal gift payments. Shipping is included at my asking price.

See review here: enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0800/dna125.htm

Thanks for looking.

32824976545_dbe712387b.jpg
32824976125_ec4c1396f1.jpg
32824975775_b3ae1ca624.jpg
b93kx4jxw6si.png
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I have had personal experience with this amp and will say that I seriously considered buying it again. Hands down I preferred it to the Pass Alph, Parasound A21 or B&K 200.5. Was far more impactful and involving than the others in my system.

Also, Victor is a great person to do business with. Buy with confidence.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    kharp1 wrote: »
    I have had personal experience with this amp and will say that I seriously considered buying it again. Hands down I preferred it to the Pass Alph, Parasound A21 or B&K 200.5. Was far more impactful and involving than the others in my system.

Also, Victor is a great person to do business with. Buy with confidence.

Thanks Kerry :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Hands down I preferred it to the Pass Alph, Parasound A21 or B&K 200.5. Was far more impactful and involving than the others in my system.

At this price point, that’s say’n somethi’n . . .
    But, can it fry eggs sunny side up like the Aleph? jk ...JK

GLWTS
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    WTH did Halo do to get banned?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    I imagine this is an ip issue auto ban and not punishment for conduct
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    What’s that?
  • stangman67
    If vanilla recognizes a suspect ip (ie using a vpn or similar) it will autoban you, ive had it happen to me before

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Thanks, never knew
  • halo
    Whew! Not banned any longer! I was wondering what happened. I do use a VPN so that’s got to be it.

Unfortunately, when banned, you’re locked out completely. I couldn’t access PM’s with contact info for Ken. I’ll make sure I get all that stuff down in case this happens again.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    halo wrote: »
    Whew! Not banned any longer! I was wondering what happened. I do use a VPN so that’s got to be it.

Unfortunately, when banned, you’re locked out completely. I couldn’t access PM’s with contact info for Ken. I’ll make sure I get all that stuff down in case this happens again.

I'm sure you've got a forum members email or cell number.....

I've sent Ken PM's before on behalf of someone banned on accident...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halo
    halo wrote: »

I'm sure you've got a forum members email or cell number.....

I've sent Ken PM's before on behalf of someone banned on accident...

Yes, I do. Thanks!
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    C'mon Victor. We all know you're a big trouble maker. ;)
  • halo
    daboyz wrote: »

Yes, indeed!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    daboyz wrote: »

That's what I told him as well....
  • halo wrote: »

Were you able to communicate with F1Nut in the universe while banned?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • halo
    Price reduced to $900 (includes shipping!) to Polk Forum member in good standing with at least 100 posts.

Anyone else, price reduced to $1100 (shipping included).

PayPal gift preferred. Add 3.5% for non-PayPal gift payment.

She's a beaut folks!
  • stangman67
    Dude you are killing me

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Damn....PM coming
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 859
    Great deal here, I've seen stock dna 125's sell at this price...and this one is modded
  • stangman67
    If kevhed passes I may just have to do it

• halo
    stangman67 wrote: »

OK. You're 2nd in line.

Thanks!
  • Gerres26
    I should've bought this one and sold my stock one lol
  • halo
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    I should've bought this one and sold my stock one lol

There still may be time for you to do that. ;)
  • halo

Kev has decided to pass.

You, good sir, are up :)
  • Gerres26
    Do it Zach, believe me...the this will be a very nice step up from the B&K
  • halo
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Do it Zach, believe me...the this will be a very nice step up from the B&K

I can concur as well. I had a B&K ST125.2 and the McCormack is the superior amp.
  • stangman67
    Let me think on it a bit, don’t hold it for me. I have a wedding to pay for soon, so need to take a hard look at the finances

• halo
    Let me think on it a bit, don’t hold it for me. I have a wedding to pay for soon, so need to take a hard look at the finances

The McCormack is SOLD, pending payment, to Zach.

Thanks for your interest and all the kind words everyone.

I’m very happy that it is staying in the family and :)
  • stangman67
    Thanks victor, I’m excited to take an step up from the b&k

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Thank GOD. I don't know how much longer I would have been able to resist this one. Way to go Zach! And congrats on the sale Victor.