Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Nice grab on the 99A's.

Got me a set back 2016. Had to pull a few driver to do some deox.

Made some cheap angled stands for them which helped.
    Once you up the volume the bass starts to show itself.

Hopefully yours have the FB cones..Mine did not... :s
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

True but they do not come up often. If I am not mistaken @mhardy6647 called this one of the best amplifiers he had listened to...or was that the Marantz 7 preamp?!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Didn't even take the time to dust the chassis?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943

WOW that is pricey

Was gonna say the same thing but wasn’t sure of the rarity of it
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2019
    Here's the woofers in the Pioneer CS-99As I just got. Are they FB cones?
    386wdn0odsnf.png
    rrn9c045kryr.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

True but they do not come up often. If I am not mistaken @mhardy6647 called this one of the best amplifiers he had listened to...or was that the Marantz 7 preamp?!
    joecoulson wrote: »

WOW that is pricey

They're pricey and pretty darned good amps to boot. At this stage in its life I'd reckon it would need some possible wire work and cap work. looking at it pretty sure that has not been done. I've seen some of those where the wire insulation was coming off and I sure would not want that to happen in my living room :#:#
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    dromunds wrote: »
    Didn't even take the time to dust the chassis?

Barn find patina :smile: .... can’t buy that lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662

WOW that is pricey

They're pricey and pretty darned good amps to boot. At this stage in its life I'd reckon it would need some possible wire work and cap work. looking at it pretty sure that has not been done. I've seen some of those where the wire insulation was coming off and I sure would not want that to happen in my living room :#:#

I have also heard the caps (or resistors IDK) that made it special (called bumblebee I think) are not available and will change the sound.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Tony M wrote: »
    This was on my local Craig's list free section this afternoon.

I was the first caller and they're here at my place now. He said I had to take the Magnavox console too though. He was a great guy and his friend too. Nice guys!

But the cabinets have major issues. But for free...why not. The speakers look GREAT except for a little dent in one of the mids.

He had people calling him the whole time I was loading them. He said I was the LUCKY ONE. I agreed with him. He said they still sound great and the console too.

Nice score Tony! Love the vintage console! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2

Don't short change yourself their Joe some of those old organ amplifiers are worth coin big coin
  • oldrocker
    Here's the woofers in the Pioneer CS-99As I just got. Are they FB cones?
    386wdn0odsnf.png
    rrn9c045kryr.png

Do not appear so. But that price... Great find.

Careful with that console. That bug bit me once..... :D

• oldrocker
    Some basic info.

Lots more out there. I might have a scan of the manual, I'll check later.

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/cs-99a.shtml
  • Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    This is interesting. Wilson Benesch circle turntabe. Looks the stock arm is gone in favor of a rega arm. Sumiko blue point cartridge. About a 5000 dollar unit with the stock arm, worth I’m sure considerably less with the rega arm but the asking price is only 695. Interesting

https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ele/d/waltham-wilson-benesch-circle-turntable/6792570808.html
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Tony M
    That's VERY interesting!!!^^^^^^^^^

If it was close, I'd be very tempted. But I'd do a little research first but man...the cartridge is worth half that EASY. Sounds like a GREAT deal. :pB)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I would dive into that rabbit hole if closer to Boston. Thanks for sharing. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    AV Outlet has some amazing prices on Furez speaker connectors. Not sure if this is a sale or normal pricing. Stock Up!

https://avoutlet.com/cables-connectors/av-connectors/speaker/?features_hash=10-159
  • pitdogg2
    DaveHo wrote: »
    AV Outlet has some amazing prices on Furez speaker connectors. Not sure if this is a sale or normal pricing. Stock Up!

https://avoutlet.com/cables-connectors/av-connectors/speaker/?features_hash=10-159

Agree but they once carried the screw down bananas and now they do not. I inquired and they bought a one time load and supposedly when it's gone it's gone. Personally I'd rather not solder/crimp my ends on in case I'd like to try another OR If I do not end up liking those.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    11 AudioPrism QuietLine Mk. III Noise Filters
    Buy It Now Price $250/free shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11-AudioPrism-QuietLine-Mk-III-Noise-Filters-AC-Wall-Outlet/202570052787?hash=item2f2a1db4b3:g:8REAAOSwXAxcQjkQ:rk:1:pf:0

I think DK reviewed these once.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited January 2019
    Hermitism wrote: »
    11 AudioPrism QuietLine Mk. III Noise Filters

I think DK reviewed these once.
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1914515
  • verb
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    DANG! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another great deal. B)
  • Tony M
    ABSOLUTELY! B)

I wonder if they will ship it? :p
  • Tony M
    This player will be at a local yard sale tomorrow morning. :DB)
    4uls4aqergtz.png
  • verb
    This player will be at a local yard sale tomorrow morning. :DB)
    4uls4aqergtz.png

While you're at it Tony, get the Harley too! :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Looks like Jesse decided to get out of vinyl...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson