Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 480
    Tony M wrote: »
    That system is one heck of a deal!!!!
    m41wd9778c8f.png

I'd buy it all and maybe not even ask for a discount.

That package won't last a day probably!
    My daughter's boyfriend lives in Chicago. I just texted her the link and said 'Tell him to go buy this!' I listened to a pair of those ML bookies in a Best Buy Magnolia room, and those little guys were very impressive!
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,208
    jdjohn wrote: »
    My daughter's boyfriend lives in Chicago. I just texted her the link and said 'Tell him to go buy this!' I listened to a pair of those ML bookies in a Best Buy Magnolia room, and those little guys were very impressive!

Yeah, the ad has only been up for 21 hrs. if I had the means I would go pick this up after work. This is the second pretty good deal on the Motion 12's that I've seen this year around these parts. i remember listening to these at BestBuy when they first came out.

FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,793
    Great deal. Towers alone are probly worth four bills alone. Great step in the right direction for someone just getting started. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,526
    That ML set has those mini heil tweeters in them and also great all around speaker designs. Then that REL sub to fill the bottom out is worth the asking price also. B)

I hope one of you guys gets this! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,110
    edited October 3
    If anyone wants ‘em I’ll pick up for you on Saturday. Would have to figure out how to get them to you of course. If any of u want to part them out, too...
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    Good point, they certainly are Monitor 10A’s. But I meant that it’s cool that he restored them, and rebuilt the entire cabinets.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    I'm offering to Venmo the $ to my daughter's boyfriend. He's in SF on business today, but based on the pics and the price, I'm saying go ahead and purchase the set electronically, sight-unseen!
    No moss is going to grow under you, @jdjohn. Let us know how it turns out. :)
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,168
    m41wd9778c8f.png

Great price, though whoever buys this should know those ML's need to be out away from a back wall a good amount.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,526
    I didn't know that. Thanks. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Here’s one for ya. Especially if you’re looking to get rid of a “small tractor.” It ain’t audio, it’s a money machine!

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/bar/d/cryptocurrency-mining-rig/6706769817.html
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Visuals
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,327
    Hey, he needs a bathroom and room built in his polebarn
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,480
    dromunds wrote: »
    Hey, he needs a bathroom and room built in his polebarn

yes since the crypto mining machine didn't pan out his wife has banished him to the barn.
    stretchl wrote: »
    Not sure it's going to work out. My daughter's bf won't be back in Chicago for another two weeks...and apparently he doesn't even own a car :o I'm sure someone else will snatch it up before then.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,131
    Not sure it's going to work out. My daughter's bf won't be back in Chicago for another two weeks...and apparently he doesn't even own a car :o I'm sure someone else will snatch it up before then.

Perhaps you can politely ask one of the Chicago Polkies to hold them for you, and send them the purchase funds, then have your daughters bf pick them up from them....

@daboyz @ALL212 @tonyb @SCompRacer
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,168
    I work cheap too, Cannoli's and bullets baby, man can't survive without either. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,862
    B&W DM602 S1 and CC6 S1 center for $225 together or $175 for just the bookies.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/bw-speakers-bookshelves-and/6714873043.html

03jmyjm8stna.jpg
    Modest HT - Pio Elite SC-63, RT800i, CS400i center, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500.
    Even more modest Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra+

Perhaps you can politely ask one of the Chicago Polkies to hold them for you, and send them the purchase funds, then have your daughters bf pick them up from them....

@daboyz @ALL212 @tonyb @SCompRacer
    tonyb wrote: »
    I work cheap too, Cannoli's and bullets baby, man can't survive without either. :)
    Good idea, but I don't think the bf's current living situation provides enough space for a system this big...especially since the floorstanders need to come out from the wall so much. Heck, I don't think I even have enough room for all that. I figure at this point if the young man wants 'em, he'll figure out a way.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,025
    VPI Record Cleaner. Interesting vacuum concept, but 4 hundie? No affiliation.
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/vpi-record-cleaner/6715553970.html
    z1fl6kwms2es.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • coolsaxcoolsax Posts: 1,731
    Looks like a really nice current Yamaha Amp at less than half of MSRP. VUE Meters!

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/yamaha-as1100-audiophile/6702848850.html
    2ch -
    BlueSound Node or Onkyo CP1050 TT->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 1,973
    2.0 - Marantz NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
    It's my understanding that the 2011 and 2012 models are the ones that suffered from the UE22 Error. Models 55 to 68. The root cause has been isolated to defective Texas Instruments DSP chips that globally affects all Pioneer and Pioneer Elite receivers manufactured in 2011/2012.

The SC-71 is a 2013 model, so there should be no issues.
    2.0 - Marantz NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
    Hermitism wrote: »

Price dropped to $150 obo.

Guy must be hurting for money. It was originally posted 18 hours ago.

• Nesmith98Nesmith98 Posts: 71
    Rotel Power Amplifier RMB-1075

Oregon Goodwill ~ Was at $300 with 5 hours to go.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/58394472
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 305
    Nesmith98 wrote: »

Do the folks at goodwill offer shipping?
    If so, how good is it?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Nesmith98 wrote: »

Do the folks at goodwill offer shipping?
    If so, how good is it?

Depends on the item. For this they do. I have seen SDAs and other speakers that don't. Bigger things don't usually, smaller things do. Course, that was at least six months ago, I don't know what it is now.
    Quality of shipping, I have no idea.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,862
    Modest HT - Pio Elite SC-63, RT800i, CS400i center, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500.
    Even more modest Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra+