Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• verbverb Posts: 4,790
    Not sure if this is a good deal, but it looks interesting, and clean. 75 bones. :smile:
    oz78vb0c1u6e.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/grosse-pointe-tube-checker-electronic/6786434980.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 699
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think I'd offer 250 and bring it home if the forum here says its a great amp...

That'd be like trying to get Congress to vote unanimously on the wall.
    Home System: see
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    800 Va Dreadnought
    B&K Reference 50 Pre
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Cambridge Audio DVD 99
    Sangean HD FM Tuner

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,652
    edited January 10
    Nice deal for some Snell speakers and a Velodyne sub plus stands and cables spotted on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Surround-Sound-Speaker-Set-Snell-Velodyne-Speakers-excellent-condition/273577888469 - $420

s-l1600.jpg
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    @mlistens03 Interesting looking Mission 20th anniversary bookshelf speakers: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/d/oakland-mission-bookshelf-speakersth/6786121848.html - $180

00z0z_18FhDZkhT7a_1200x900.jpg

00606_cCWpbWM1UbU_1200x900.jpg
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,765
    Get them Drew!
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with Mullard NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,442
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @mlistens03 Interesting looking Mission 20th anniversary bookshelf speakers: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/d/oakland-mission-bookshelf-speakersth/6786121848.html - $180

00z0z_18FhDZkhT7a_1200x900.jpg

00606_cCWpbWM1UbU_1200x900.jpg

Woah, those look super sweet. And now, thanks to you, the circle of endless audio jealousy continues. ;)
    In all seriousness, grab them, and run, don't walk... :)
    Micah
    music on vinyl; https://www.discogs.com/user/mlistens03/collection
    Technics SL3200 turntable; Shure M97xE cart; Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2; NAD C352 integrated; KEF Q150 speakers; Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer; home-built stands, generic cables but will upgrade soon...

desktop; Lenovo G50 running Win10, Yamaha RX-v665 AVR, JBL e30 headphones
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Get them Drew!

No component purchases under $3k. New Rule.
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 558
    They're definitely worth 200.00 every day if they're re-foamed and all speakers work.

There's set of RS4bs 80 miles from me in Raleigh NC. for 150.00. They've been for sale for a while too. I asked for a discount since I would have to travel so far and they said NO. :s I see they're still for sale... :)

Looks like the bases are missing but no biggie.

I think their sound is on the warm side and the highs soft but detailed as can be. Easy on the ears I would say. But I heard the RS4bs with an old Fisher integrated. That probably had a lot to do with the warm sound.

But man do the RS4bs sound really nicely balanced and right. Great sound field!

They were expensive when new for sure.
    I would say so. I have a pair of RS3a, and they are not warm IMO. Actually, the EMIT planar tweeters can sound bright and harsh if not matched with a good high-current amp. But when they ARE matched well...oh so nice.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    JM Lab Magna Carta...wait, Megane Carat bookies for $325: https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/d/murfreesboro-jmlab-megane-carat-monitor/6775836354.html
    wfb9sxmra4jw.jpg
    Trey told me the versions with yellow Kevlar tweeters are more desirable, so these may not be the best deal. I know the seller, and with the knowledge that this version doesn't bring that high of price, he might come down. Tempting.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    DIY Madisound Fostex folded horn speakers for $350: https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/d/nashville-fs-madisound-fostex-folded/6773002212.html
    csin6bh0wibm.jpg
    I've seen these DIY speakers mentioned before here on CP, but not sure if these are anything special.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,252
    gt5c7nh6750g.jpg
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 1,765
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Get them Drew!

No component purchases under $3k. New Rule.

Hmm. $3k list price...but if you get a deal...
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with Mullard NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
    Hmm. $3k list price...but if you get a deal...

Exactly. As long as the MSRP is $3k or above I'm golden. ;)
    FestYboy wrote: »
    [5 speakers for $200]

That's a great deal for $200, if you have the room. Imagine how much better those would sound versus a soundbar. Even with an entry level ~$300 Onkyo AVR I bet.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,280
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,804
    HT - Polk Lsi9, Lsi7, LsiC, Marsh A200s, B&K ST-1430, Pioneer Elite BDP 62FD, Marantz SR7008, Martin Logan Dynamo, NHT CS-10, Mogami 3103 speaker wire, Mogami 2534 IC

mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Infinity SL40, Audioengine B1
    Posted now for 27 days. Looks like a minty R2R deck. $135 OBO. That's all I need, another rabbit hole! Sure looks cool though! :smile:
    8efydbbek817.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/dryden-akai-vintage-reel-to-reel-player/6775930671.html
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,252
    Doooeeeet
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,280

verb wrote: »
    Posted now for 27 days. Looks like a minty R2R deck. $135 OBO. That's all I need, another rabbit hole! Sure looks cool though! :smile:

Go get it Thumper...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,972
    Enablers.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,135
    edited January 15
    Just posted in my local Craigs list free section 7 hours ago...8 track player. :D
    It's too far of a drive to go get it though. :'(
    I would've liked those glass shelves if they were wide enough to make a stereo stand.
    And those chairs look cool too.

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/zip/d/wilmington-curb-alert/6794982325.html
    jpk4qvvxfixi.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,197
    Just posted in my local Craigs list free section 7 hours ago...8 track player. :D
    It's too far of a drive to go get it though. :'(
    I would've liked those glass shelves if they were wide enough to make a stereo stand.

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/zip/d/wilmington-curb-alert/6794982325.html
    jpk4qvvxfixi.png

Ah, but the price is right. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    edited January 15
    Only gas and time...but if I drive 50 miles and they're gone, that would suck! I just noticed there was a second pic. showing those glass shelves are wide enough to make a stand with. :) But I'm gonna pass. ;)

100 mile round trip... :#

It was about 70 miles round trip for those 2 Sonance 1250 amps I went and got on Turkey Day for free. That was a risk too but they were there.
    Glad it worked out for you. I almost went on a 12 hour roundtripper myself today. :#
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    What for?
    Oh nothing special, just another pair of 2.3tl's and a bunch of misc gear. I think it was
    posted in the vintage sales
    After a guy heard my SRS2's , he was on his way to get a pair of those BIG SRSs from Charlotte the next day. He rented a U-Haul and drove in the pouring rain all that day to get them. They were 600.00. He said it was h*#L driving that trip dragging a trailer to boot. He then had a hard time getting them to sound like my SRS2s for some reason.

I don't know what ever happened to him after that. Maybe I should call him.