CommandBar volume cutting in and out

I just bought the CommandBar and set it up last night. I installed the HDMI Arc to TV HDMI Arc input and the optical cable.

Tonight I used it for the first time. The sound is good but it randomly cuts out for a few seconds. I tried different cables and it is still happening. This happens randomly, there is no pattern to it.

Any suggestions for fixing this?

Comments

• I'm also having the exact same issue. Sound goes out for about 2 seconds. It happens when I'm playing on my Playstation, or watching a blueray. It's frustrating as I'm missing dialogue from scenes. I also noticed the light on the front of the speaker changes from blue to white when this happens. I've also tried setting the Echo part to don't listen mode (red ring) and it still occurs. I'm connected with both HDMI and optical.
  • I'm also having this same issue. Any suggestions?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Ken Swaugger has some contacts at Polk that might be helpful. I am sure he will see this thread and help steer you guys in the right direction. Keep in mind Polk CS won't be available until Monday morning and may have a backlog of things to get through from the Holidays.

Happy New Year and welcome aboard guys.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hello,
    Let me send this to a friend at Polk.
  • Hello,
    Here is his reply:
    "This sounds like a HDMI CEC issue with one of the devices connected to the sound bar. Can you ask which devices he has connected via HDMI? Also check to make sure he doesn’t have both optical and HDMI connected to the bar from one device as this can cause problems."
  • Same problem hear and I have the HDMI and optical connected to the TV. Which one should be removed if having them both hooked up is the issue
  • Follow up. Removed the optical cable seems to have solved the problem. Went with the initial setup because the HDMI on my tv doesn’t say ARC. Thanks for the help
  • I am having a similar issue where audio goes out every so often. I have it connected with the HDMI/ARC option. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this?
  • I'm confident Rebelfisher has it.

The instructions call for using arc HDMI to same OR use normal HDMI and Optical. If you mistakenly use both arc and optical it will cut out once and a while.
  • jhall124
    jhall124 Posts: 1
    I'm having the same issues but I don't have a combined optical and HDMI to any single device. Here is my system:
    • LG smart TV
    • Dish Receiver
    • AppleTV (4k)
    • PS4 Pro

• An optical cable is connected between the sound bar and the TV
    • I have HDMI cables, of good quality, connecting each device to the TV
    • Each device is HDMI aware (this is used for auto switching and by the last unit powered on).

My audio changed from an LG sound bar and subwoofer to a Polk soundbar, subwoofer and two rear speakers.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
    Thanks for reading !!
  • vpjc1
    vpjc1 Posts: 1
    check the optical cable is connected correctly. It can go in two ways so you need to be very careful. I was frustrated when I got the unit but used a bright light to check the optical in. Once I got the orientation correct, it has been awesome. Very subtle difference in the orientation. Hope this works
  • Polk is total garbage. The only reason I bought this was because my kid was working at Dish and he wanted me to help him out with sales. This "soundbar" (soundless bar) cuts in and out and is a worthless piece of s#!t. DO NOT BUY POLK. Go with something reliable. Perhaps a few steps up from Polk, you know like Walmart brand.
  • I can understand your frustration, but we can usually reach a solution. Let me refer your situation to friend at Polk who's a committed problem solver. I'm sure he'll contact you via email.