IPads > Android Tablets
    IPhones < Android Phones

Yes it's that simple.

Looks about half right to me B)

I disabled signatures.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    [quote="kevhed72; Maybe I should give the Windows phone a try😂[/quote]

Don't make that mistake; I did and I regretted every single day of the 2 years I was stuck with that abomination of a phone.

• maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    msg wrote: »
    IPads > Android Tablets
    IPhones < Android Phones

Yes it's that simple.

Looks about half right to me B)

Problem with Android tablets (and even phones) is that there are some really cheap ones out there that are deserving of the criticism. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 10" tablet (from 2015) and it's a great Tablet. I use it pretty much as a laptop at times. Also have $100 Samsung case has a built-in BT keyboard.

May come down to personal taste. I personally can't stand the prison that is iOS and iTunes.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I just heard that Apple is going to stay the course and release 3 new phones this fall. Somewhat puzzling based on current phone sales. Oh, and Steve Cook received a 12 million dollar bonus.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Well, as a former (no kidding!?!) technology strategist (albeit in biotech, not "high tech"), I would say that the development of hardware that is small, expensive and fragile (glass screens?!?) was a master stroke along the evolutionary pathway of planned obsolesence.

But that would be an awfully cynical thing for me to say,so I shan't. ;)

j6nmtmfrpes8.png

THE 1st thing we were taught about in High School Economics no less, Planned Obsolescence
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Well, as a former (no kidding!?!) technology strategist (albeit in biotech, not "high tech"), I would say that the development of hardware that is small, expensive and fragile (glass screens?!?) was a master stroke along the evolutionary pathway of planned obsolesence.

But that would be an awfully cynical thing for me to say,so I shan't. ;)

j6nmtmfrpes8.png

THE 1st thing we were taught about in High School Economics no less, Planned Obsolescence

You paid attention ?? :)

Funny thing about planned obsolesce, even WE are victims of it. Everything has a shelf life kids.

For me though, I don't care what it is, the planned obsolesce built into products these days seems to be getting shorter and shorter. If not the hardware, the software becomes outdated almost overnight.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited January 2019
    So. There are two kinds of planned obsolescence, right? :) One kind is that relentless march of technology thing :# New is always better than old, right? (right...). The other kind is that let's make automatic transmission parts out of plastic thing -- deliberately engineering in a (short) lifetime to a part or product subject to wear.

As an interesting -- almost unbelievable! -- aside, obsolesence was designed into electric light bulbs early on, when manufacturers realized that, if the bulbs lasted a long time, they'd sell one bolus of products, then the market would evaporate... unless the bulbs were consumables.

https://psmag.com/environment/114-years-young-light-bulbs-before-planned-obsolescence
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel
    https://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/the-l-e-d-quandary-why-theres-no-such-thing-as-built-to-last
    (this story sounds like something from a Thomas Pynchon novel -- but it's true.)

mpd3fewapbac.png

The 2A3 direct heated power triode was introduced for amplifier use in the early 1930s. They have, as best I can tell, remained in continuous production ever since (someplace in the world!).

Any given 2A3 should last for thousands of hours when used correctly :)

Good luck with those state of the art home theater things ;)

http://2a3-maniac.blogspot.com/2013/01/vacuum-tube-valley-2a3-mother-of-high.html

40696255355_4b53731ae4_h.jpgDSC_0460 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    (this one is probably about 70 years old and is still lookin' good and soundin' good)

Now, I am just sayin'...

B)
  • tonyb
    So. There are two kinds of planned obsolescence, right? :) One kind is that relentless march of technology thing :# New is always better than old, right? (right...). The other kind is that let's make automatic transmission parts out of plastic thing -- deliberately engineering in a (short) lifetime to a part or product subject to wear.

3 Doc....you forgot the God given planned obsolesce we all must endure. Death and taxes right ? Now that I think about it, taxes are probably the only thing that doesn't have a planned obsolesce. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited January 2019
    You know what I say about death.
    The thermodynamics* is never in question, only the kinetics**

:)

Dave Barry wrote a book called Stay Fit and Healthy Until You're Dead.

idjx05208247.png

• tonyb
    LOL Doc....it's a race, to be the best looking corpse in the funeral home. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's