Latest Netflix find

Comments

• CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 660
    Not on Netflix, it was on PBS ...

For those with a Roku device, PBS now has a Roku channel for contributors.

Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,716
    Started watching the Bodyguard (UK version). Still in the first episode but it might be ok.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,977
    The Kaminsky Method is absolutely hilarious...but might hit too close to home for some of you old farts!! :D
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,977
    So far Daredevil season 3 might be the best yet...can’t believe they cancelled it!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,716
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    So far Daredevil season 3 might be the best yet...can’t believe they cancelled it!

Isn't that what usually happens?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,750
    edited December 2018
    muncybob wrote: »
    USA Today suggests American Vandal, You and Maniac. Time to add them to my list and check them out.
    American Vandal....the first one....was hilarious but maybe not suitable for some audiences. Maniac was great and one of the best ones I have seen in awhile. Just finished Wild Wild West which I had no idea actually happened out in Oregon since I am too young (don’t say that too often) to remember. Falls under the category you couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried...

• Narcos Mexico was fantastic! Way better than the first series IMO.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,904
    BIRD BOX WAS FLIPPING AWESKME!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,609
    Agree! Very good.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,065
    Frontier, lovin it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 2,153
    My sister suggested Rake. An Australian series with some strange legal cases. 3 episodes in, so far so good.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500, Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Oppo BDP93, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B.
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,341
    I am binge watching Bad Blood today. It has kept me entertained for the past few hours.
  • daddyjtdaddyjt Posts: 1,082
    scubalab wrote: »
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.

This was quite possibly the best “horror” movie/tv offering I have ever seen. While not entirely fair to compare it to a movie - primarily because it’s too difficult to develope meaningful charachters in 2-3 hours - this 10 episode series is light years ahead of box office offerings. As an added bonus, it wraps up all the loose ends, and doesn’t rely on continuum breaches to do so. Some excellent “ah-ha” moments, and a couple flat out bone-chilling jump-scares are the icing on the cake.
    Too much stuff to keep track of.

Currently enjoying: Legacy Focus 20/20, McCormack DNA 225, Bill D C1, Oppo 105
    No doubt. The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,904
    In keeping with overseas stuff..

Smoking
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 5,082
    joecoulson wrote: »
    No doubt.
    The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
    Dude, spoiler much??? Fortunately, I've already seen it, but I use this thread to learn about new shows. Would rather people not give too much away...
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    No doubt.
    The kid on the couch when she realized it was herself above her was amazing.
    Dude, spoiler much??? Fortunately, I've already seen it, but I use this thread to learn about new shows. Would rather people not give too much away...

I’m very sorry. That was amateur of me. Please know I didn’t do it on purpose.
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,341
    edited December 2018

Tell us how you really feel, Dan. But I agree, Bird Box was really good.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,817
    daddyjt wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    Started watching The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix Original series) yesterday. Very good so far. First episode was a little slow, but man, I haven't seen a horror flick/show this good in a loooooooooong time.

This was quite possibly the best “horror” movie/tv offering I have ever seen. While not entirely fair to compare it to a movie - primarily because it’s too difficult to develope meaningful charachters in 2-3 hours - this 10 episode series is light years ahead of box office offerings. As an added bonus, it wraps up all the loose ends, and doesn’t rely on continuum breaches to do so. Some excellent “ah-ha” moments, and a couple flat out bone-chilling jump-scares are the icing on the cake.

What was really impressive was episode 5 or 6... The entire episode was filmed in just 4 or 5 scenes. I believe the first 17 minutes had zero cuts (one scene)! That takes some impressive acting and camera work. Additionally, I read that they actually had to build a connecting set between the funeral home and Hill House for the part where Timothy Hutton walks down the hall in the funeral home (looking for the bathroom) and ends up back to Hill house.

We also found some cool YouTube videos showing all of the 'hidden' ghosts throughout the series. Very cool how they worked very subtle ghosts into scenes, many of which we never noticed when watching it.

Possible spoiler alert (didn't use the spoiler button to keep the video link showing) - I don't remember this video being a spoiler, but it does show short clips from all the episodes.

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,091

nexihcvr1tv3.jpg

Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• drumminmandrumminman Posts: 3,372
    Grand Hotel (the Spanish version set in Spain) was really good. And the female actors are drop dead gorgeous.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • drumminmandrumminman Posts: 3,372

Just finished Damnation, which I enjoyed. Had to give it a couple episodes but really got drawn into it.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    edited January 4
    Longmire, Ozark and Vikings.
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    Viking64 wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Vikings.

m3vw5lv6dgt2.jpg

Cute!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
  • RicardoRicardo Posts: 10,509

I didn't like it. In the end you never know what it was all about.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 3,494
    Ricardo wrote: »

Exactly. The shell of it was good, but it lacked any real substance.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,558
    Ricardo wrote: »

I like the mystery factor of not knowing. I mean isn't that what the whole movie is really about? Not knowing what is in front of you, I mean even the camera angles don't give us an idea of what is in front of the given character on the screen.

The only time we see what is in "front" of them is when they don't have a blindfold on. I thought the cinematography was fantastic.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member