Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    FestYboy wrote: »

Ju$t h@d to **** thi$ bec@u$e of v@nill@... Thi$ c&n$or$h!p h@s 6ott&n 0ut 0f h@nd. :#

*fixt
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    la2vegas wrote: »
    What do these drivers sell for, if I were to piece them out?

You can pretty much name your price on the passives. The other drivers, maybe 40 bucks each. I was just joking when I said that however. That is a hell of a deal you got on those.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited November 2018
    Your Polk History Museum is getting closer to completion isn't it?

Great purchase.

100.00 for SRS2's...is GREAT!

I'd buy another set at that price just because...I love their sound!

Maybe I'd put one set upside down on top of the others. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    Tony M wrote: »

Great purchase.

Hi my name is Tony and I have a problem.......
    You can take it from there.
  • pitdogg2
    The mw6509 was only used in two speakers AFAIK. Sda1b and the pair you have. Now the passives are hens teeth. I know I'd buy a set of speakers for the passives alone.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Series 2 with sl25k tweets, doooeeeet!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Series 2 with sl25k tweets, doooeeeet!

Thanks Festivus! I’ll let ya know how it goes tomorrow!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Great purchase.

There's a lot worse problems for people to have. At least I'm still married and haven't sold everything I own for my next speaker or electronic fix.

The problem is this City's pain management culture. Docs don't want to help you and the one that did want to help was ripping off my Insurance Co. by a hundred thousand dollars a year because they could. We never got a notice as to how much the doctor was charging for a frikn pee illigal drugs test since the Ins. Co. paid 75% of what they billed for it and that was that. We never saw a bill. No RED FLAGS were popped up for some reason. Our Ins. Co. told us not to worry about it. Bs, the Doc's office never told me in 9 months they were charging 20,000.00 to test my pee for illigal drugs! They have a great scam going but he got caught 6 months ago trying to keep a woman on pain meds SO he could keep ripping her Ins. Co. off. >:)

I'm better now and no pain meds needed except asperin once in a while or topical pain cream on my neck so I'm happy as a clam now, but I've got a lot of catching up to do. A lot of people don't know the first thing about life with pain or mobility issues that are just mindboggling debilitating and stressful.

Here's my stereo room before my illness from my neck injury took a turn to the deepest lows. I lived with pain and discomfort for 30 years and then 10 more years of pure bs. I thought about checking out but the thought of finding some more stereo stuff kept me going. ;) I'm almost ready to start clearing out my acquisitions to get back to this. My problem is not my neck so much anymore as trying to catch up on my 10 years of home ownership maintenance responsibilities neglect. I never liked to pay somebody else for what I knew I could do myself IF the neck pain would just be eliminated or eased.

I would never be able to double stack SRS2's. That was just a joke. I might've bought them but NO stacking of those beasts.

There'll be some Polk Monitor and SDA speaker sales coming up in the future for sure.

I'll get here again.
    e30zs35og7br.png
    dswadjrk7szk.png
    894ymn8v4al6.png

you can also take it from there. :)
  • verb
    Hi Tony thanks for sharing your story. I can say that you are a valued and much beloved member of this community.

Your comments are often insightful and encouraging to me, others as well I’m sure. You’ve seem to “been there done that” on many pieces that I’ve acquired. I always look forward to your confirmation on my recent finds. If I get your endorsement, I’m assured it was the right deal.

Your journey is one that is well travelled, but like us all, far from over. I’ll continue to be there with you, every step of the way!

Fare well my dear brother! Keep on getting!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Dave. ;)

I believe you've surpassed me in some quality equipment levels this past year. I'll have to learn from your advice and opinions going forward now. :);)

I think I blew a fuse this morning thinking about my collection. :s:)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Tony, you're a good friend and I'd give you the shirt off my back.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Tony, you're a good friend and I'd give you the shirt off my back.

Empty promise coming from a guy that never wears a shirt. :p

I agree, TonyM is good people. It’s that Tonyb you need to watch out for.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Great purchase.

There's a lot worse problems for people to have.

you can also take it from there. :)

Completely agree Tony and I meant no disrespect if you took it that way. I was just jerkin your chain a little. I'm a little envious of some of you guys who absolutely fall into some great deals.

I for one know all about that pain thing. I broke my T12 in a BMX skate park about 10 yrs ago. Lets just say concrete is no friend when gravity takes over 12' in the air. The only thing that moved for 10 min. was my eyeballs.

• verb
    edited November 2018
    verb wrote: »
    Here in Evanston visiting our son. Polk Monitor 10’s (I believe). $180 obo. Gonna take a look at em tomorrow. What do you guys think?zemaqzy8heze.jpeg
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-series-2/6743809343.html

Score! 150 bucks. These babies are minty! On the way to their new home in Michigan!

So the Mrs asked me, “Don’t you have enough speakers?” I immediately replied, “Yes I do Honey”. Then I got the look. But I was smiling inside! :smile:
  • Tony M
    I for one know all about that pain thing. I broke my T12 in a BMX skate park about 10 yrs ago. Lets just say concrete is no friend when gravity takes over 12' in the air. The only thing that moved for 10 min. was my eyeballs.
    [/quote]

Ok Ivan. I thought you were piling on me. Sorry. ;)

So this looks like an area where the slightest movement of most anything will move that vertebrae. Ouch! a lotta pain for a while huh? Trying to sit or stand...Ouch again I imagine. Or laid up in a cast for a few months...don't even want to think about that.
    e65hap44g9z5.png

Mine was C3 related for 40 years. I should've been a quadriplegic but for the grace of God, I came back to earth ( yea, that's another story) and .. carried on the best I could and told my story to many people. I was lucky even though I still had the bs to deal with.

Back to deals.

Dave, you got a great deal my friend! They look great. And you telling what your wife just asked you... That made me :D like that. I've heard that question too many times and the look...well I just try to avoid getting those anymore. I think 1000 of them has been enough for the both of us here. :s:#

You guys know what I do now. I work alone... :D

• Tony M
    Here in Evanston visiting our son. Polk Monitor 10’s (I believe). $180 obo. Gonna take a look at em tomorrow. What do you guys think?zemaqzy8heze.jpeg
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-series-2/6743809343.html

Score! 150 bucks. These babies are minty! On the way to their new home in Michigan!

So the Mrs asked me, “Don’t you have enough speakers?” I immediately replied, “Yes I do Honey”. Then I got the look. But I was smiling inside! :smile:

MINTY is AWESOME! :DB)
  • StevieB
    StevieB Posts: 256
    Dang, those rta's look like they just came off the showroom floor!
    McCormack DNA-1 Amp, Parasound Halo P5 Pre Amp, Denon DVD 2900 CD player, Adcom GDA 700 DAC, VPI Traveler TT with Denon 103R cartridge, Lounge Audio MKiii phono pre and Copla SUT, Polk SDA SRS 3.1 TL speakers, Tributaries series 8 IC's and speaker cable.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Dr_Wu wrote: »

On the add for the 11's "This is what the 10s should have been" Wasn't that something @F1nut said?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    These are mine. Price is negotiable if there are any Utah or Idaho Polkaholics trolling these waters... hit me up.
    SDA2
    pp284jrme882.jpeg

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54332464
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • JayMX wrote: »
    These are mine. Price is negotiable if there are any Utah or Idaho Polkaholics trolling these waters... hit me up.
    SDA2
    pp284jrme882.jpeg

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54332464

Your ad made me remember the Red Rocker and one of his iconic hits.akfbf9b7hvz7.jpg
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    edited November 2018
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Your ad made me remember the Red Rocker and one of his iconic hits.akfbf9b7hvz7.jpg

Arbitrary numbers... :D:D I had a Pioneer rig listed for a while at $888.88 no expectation for exact change, the dude that bought it PayPal'ed me down to the penny haha.

I’m shooting high in the listing, if there are any interested, serious, local parties, all things are negotiable!! Happy Thanksgiving my friends!
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Quite the collection they have behind the 10's
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited November 2018
    ^^^ I might have to call to him/her to discuss. I have a similar hoard (collection).
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    la2vegas wrote: »
    My latest acquisition. Nothing fancy I know, but the price was right. I didn't get them for a song but I did get them for a hundred dollars.

You suck... I can't find any at all let alone for that price. We should be neighbors. I'd take them off your hands...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • verb