FS - SVS PB12-Plus/2 Subwoofer - Sold

Comments

• Oh for the love of getting this crazy submarine to Dayton Ohio for a reasonable price wont the Travel Gods look down on the seller and myself and get this deal put together??
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited December 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    This is a no brainer in the world of subs, somebody snag this bad boy.

Ron, when DON'T you have drool all over your face ? :p

It's actually been awhile, since I left you in jealousy last May because you were looking at another man's hindA :o:D:D:D

You still have that picture up in the visor of your truck dontcha ….LMAO

I'm sure it's still on your phone :)

It is smartarse. :) I get a huge smile every time I open my gallery on the phone. I must admit though, I get some pretty strange looks when somebody else thumbs threw my pics.

Anyway....buy this sub gents, you won't regret it. It will blow away anything else you can get for 500 bucks. I'd buy it myself, but Ron wouldn't drive it up on his way to Bama. Think he's afraid of earning a permanent spot in my photo gallery also.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Johnny if you don't get it I will...just sayin'
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    PM sent. Not that I need it but what the hell. Also I’m in the DFW area.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Johnny if you don't get it I will...just sayin'

Nope. I think the DFW Area cat makes most sense and seller didn't get back to me with shipping costs so I'm saving my dough. Maybe next time.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    My friend was about to buy it locally through me but we couldn’t agree on delivery dates so it fell through. Seems like a nice sub for sure, I’ve heard the same model once before. Glossy black is a nice little upgrade too
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    tratliff wrote: »

If you don't want it let me know
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• tratliff
    edited November 2018
    tratliff wrote: »

If you don't want it let me know

You were kinda ahead of me speaking up. Feel free to pursue it if you would like.

But if and when I hear back I will let you know.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • txcoastal1
    Todd I snoozed...I'll be 3rd wheel here....but I do have funds and a house and guys in Dallas that can pick it up. House is in Richardson

• Got me looking at a 13 Ultra now.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited November 2018
    Got me looking at a 13 Ultra now.

Pfft
    Go for the 16 ;)

https://www.svsound.com/collections/outlet-specials/products/pb16-ultra-black-oak-outlet

Those cylinder subs are pretty sweet as well if space is an issue.
    End thread crap
  • dbaldus
    dbaldus Posts: 730
    Hey all,

Appreciate the interest over the past few days and apologies for being out of pocket - I've been on vacation since Wednesday and just getting back to reality.

I have someone lined up to pick this up over the weekend. He's traveling from Atlanta, so if that falls through, I'll be in touch with the various folks in this thread according to the order they contacted me in.

Thanks again!

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • tratliff
    Thanks Derek. Yes please let me know if it falls through.
  • dbaldus
    la2vegas wrote: »
    dbaldus wrote: »
    Hey all,

Appreciate the interest over the past few days and apologies for being out of pocket - I've been on vacation since Wednesday and just getting back to reality.

I have someone lined up to pick this up over the weekend. He's traveling from Atlanta, so if that falls through, I'll be in touch with the various folks in this thread according to the order they contacted me in.

Thanks again!

From Atlanta? That's more than I was willing to drive, but a very nice sub nonetheless. Besides these are currently in the back of my expedition. I did drive from LA 2 Vegas for them.

Nice. We all drive for our first pair of SDA's!

Enjoy :smiley:

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050

You won't regret getting the 13 ultra...... Or a pair of them B)
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited November 2018
    Cheers to the new owner!

Dang it.
  • dpowell wrote: »

You won't regret getting the 13 ultra...... Or a pair of them B)

Decided to go with the 12 +. Just waiting on details from Dereck.
  • dbaldus
    Sold!

2-channel

Home Theater
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Congrats! I’m 100 miles away with a big suv and was VERY tempted. But the wife would have shot me in my sleep... so this is a better conclusion! :D
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Congrats! I’m 100 miles away with a big suv and was VERY tempted. But the wife would have shot me in my sleep... so this is a better conclusion! :D

Just cover it with a lace doily and she'd never know... till it starts looking like its breathing lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Still available I'm in Houston?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    c_nitty wrote: »
    Still available I'm in Houston?

Did you read the posts? In the thread? Two posts above you it says sold dude.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • pitdogg2
    Reading is so over rated
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    beauphus wrote: »
    I know this sub already sold, but just wanted everyone to know I have had this exact same sub since 2005. It’s probably the only thing that remains of my bachelor life. My now wife wanted me to get rid of it. I told her I would cancel the wedding. We compromised by painting it piano white. We now have 4 kids, including one son. My son will inherit 2 things from me: my Patek collection and my SVS PB12 plus 2. Whoever the buyer was....enjoy

Nice 1st post. Welcome to Club SVS, I mean Polk...lol
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I know this sub already sold, but just wanted everyone to know I have had this exact same sub since 2005. It’s probably the only thing that remains of my bachelor life. My now wife wanted me to get rid of it. I told her I would cancel the wedding. We compromised by painting it piano white. We now have 4 kids, including one son. My son will inherit 2 things from me: my Patek collection and my SVS PB12 plus 2. Whoever the buyer was....enjoy

Who cares about the sub. Show me your Patek collection.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Joey_V wrote: »

That's what she said...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    Joey_V wrote: »

That's what she said...

Get some Dave :D:D:D
  • rtart
    rtart Posts: 806
    Good snag, at a great price. I have a pair of these, and sufficient bass is never an issue, at any volume level. Period. It's fun to plug in a subharmonic (15 to 18Hz) test discs and crank it up...while the dishes in the upstairs china cabinet start to move like a haunted house.
    My 7.4.4 DIY 4k Home Theater:
    Polk LSiM 707 L&R, LSiM706c center, LSiM702 side surrounds, LSiM 703 rears
    Polk RC-80i x 4 In Ceiling Atmos speakers
    2 x SVS PB12/Plus 2's
    Denon X3700H
    Sherbourne 7/2100 200 x 7 Amp, Emotiva BasX A-500 for Atmos
    XBox One X 4k & BD and streaming
    Panasonic UB-420 4k player
    HD-A35 HD DVD
    Oppo BD-103D for hirez audio
    Technics SL-D2 TT, Grado Gold Cartridge
    JVC DLA-RS520 projector
    Silver Ticket 120" acoustically transparent screen
    Berkline 090 electric recliners with Aura Bass Shakers
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Don't lie now....you crank it up and sit on it...naked....dontcha ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable