Emotiva Speakers

deronb1
deronb1 Posts: 5,021
Wondering if anyone has owned, owns or has heard the T1 floorstander. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    People over at the AVS forum really seem to like them.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Yeah, but half that crowd thinks cables don't matter & all amps sound the same.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DaveHo wrote: »

….then you just answered your own question. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    They had movies playing on them at AXPONA so I cannot tell you what they sound like with music. On the movie they were playing, for the $, I thought they were decent.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    erniejade wrote: »
    They had movies playing on them at AXPONA so I cannot tell you what they sound like with music. On the movie they were playing, for the $, I thought they were decent.

If memory serves me correctly they had emotiva gear pushing to. Correct?
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    DaveHo wrote: »

I went on that forum once. Some not so nice guy was trying to argue his $20K in gear sounds great with using only $200 in Amazon Basic/Monoprice cables.
    tonyb wrote: »
    I dunno man, Erniejade and Skip think ground beef on a pizza is the bomb too, so there's that. :D:D

Only if it has jalapeno's on it.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • erniejade
    edited November 2018
    It was emtiva amps. No music was playing, just voices and car crashes type actiion stuff when i went in thst room on Sunday. I have seen people spend more on soundbars and could have had an entire rig with how reasonably priced their HT speakers were. ( sonos, bose) the T1 is like 700 a pair. Bose soundbar and sub is 1500+
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    erniejade wrote: »
    It was emtiva amps. No music was playing, just voices and car crashes type actiion stuff when i went in thst room on Sunday. I have seen people spend more on soundbars and could have had an entire rig with how reasonably priced their HT speakers were. ( sonos, bose) the T1 is like 700 a pair. Bose soundbar and sub is 1500+

Great point! However, some just like the simplicity of the soundbars, and probably moreso... they get enamored with those names.
  • halo
    What do you call a Bose fan?

A Bozo!! :p
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    It’s kinda like power upgrades. It’s what you don’t hear anymore thats worth the coin. Probably the same for Emotiva fans, if that’s all they hear after upgrading from big box setups, then yeah I’m sure it’s sounds great. But put up against even an entry level, well thought out rig with proper wires and power management and should be game over.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    halo wrote: »

Also the term applied, it is said, to Matt Polk & Co's first consumer loudspeaker project. :|

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1617846
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1639635#Comment_1639635
  • erniejade
    Just for the record, im not an emo fan but im definitely open to hearing or giving anything a shot ( insert ditry joke here)
    I did give one of their preamp`s a shot. It was decent but not my taste. Would i give the T1 a listening? Sure! My brain says for for close to the same $, my taste my like the Polk S series better for music but again, i haven't heard music on the emo speaker.

I guess we need to ask the OP, are going going to use them for music or HT or both?
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    It certainly looks the part. And in general I'm a fan of the style of high frequency reproduction the AMT style tweeters produce.

T1_34_pairmain_1500x.png?v=1516048193
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It certainly looks the part. And in general I'm a fan of the style of high frequency reproduction the AMT style tweeters produce.

T1_34_pairmain_1500x.png?v=1516048193

I am too. A friend has MLs Motion 12s. Very nice sounding speakers.
  • halo
    edited November 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Also the term applied, it is said, to Matt Polk & Co's first consumer loudspeaker project. :|

Got the following message when I tried to follow a link in one of the threads.
    80cg22kg9ovl.png

Bozo drivers huh? Pretty wild.

7qh424nz51zf.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

80cg22kg9ovl.png

workin' here...

yu7tr56nx1mb.png

3nmiu3mn2yxz.png