Emotiva Speakers

deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,487
Wondering if anyone has owned, owns or has heard the T1 floorstander. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,142
    Yeah, but half that crowd thinks cables don't matter & all amps sound the same.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,758
    DaveHo wrote: »

….then you just answered your own question. :)
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,597
    They had movies playing on them at AXPONA so I cannot tell you what they sound like with music. On the movie they were playing, for the $, I thought they were decent.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,558
    erniejade wrote: »
    They had movies playing on them at AXPONA so I cannot tell you what they sound like with music. On the movie they were playing, for the $, I thought they were decent.

If memory serves me correctly they had emotiva gear pushing to. Correct?
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,734
    DaveHo wrote: »

I went on that forum once. Some not so nice guy was trying to argue his $20K in gear sounds great with using only $200 in Amazon Basic/Monoprice cables.
    tonyb wrote: »
    I dunno man, Erniejade and Skip think ground beef on a pizza is the bomb too, so there's that. :D :D

Only if it has jalapeno's on it.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    4 Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
    edited November 2018
    It was emtiva amps. No music was playing, just voices and car crashes type actiion stuff when i went in thst room on Sunday. I have seen people spend more on soundbars and could have had an entire rig with how reasonably priced their HT speakers were. ( sonos, bose) the T1 is like 700 a pair. Bose soundbar and sub is 1500+
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,883
    erniejade wrote: »
    It was emtiva amps. No music was playing, just voices and car crashes type actiion stuff when i went in thst room on Sunday. I have seen people spend more on soundbars and could have had an entire rig with how reasonably priced their HT speakers were. ( sonos, bose) the T1 is like 700 a pair. Bose soundbar and sub is 1500+

Great point! However, some just like the simplicity of the soundbars, and probably moreso... they get enamored with those names.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 2,071
    It’s kinda like power upgrades. It’s what you don’t hear anymore thats worth the coin. Probably the same for Emotiva fans, if that’s all they hear after upgrading from big box setups, then yeah I’m sure it’s sounds great. But put up against even an entry level, well thought out rig with proper wires and power management and should be game over.
    2ch: PS Audio Stellar Gain pre, 4 x Linn LK240 monoblocks ( bi-amping) Elac Adante AF-61's, SVS SB16 Ultra Subwoofer, Cambridge Audio CXN v2, Rega Planar 2 with Canaro 2 subplatter, dual belt pulley and upgraded bearing, Rega Ania MC cart, Vincent PHO 701 Phono pre with Mullard NOS 12au7, Audioquest Niagara 1000, AQ Thunder, AQ red river XLR's and Victoria IC's, Wireworld Stratus and Aurora power cables, Atlas EOS power cable, Denon 2910 (as transport) Sony CPD355 Jukebox cd

5.1: Marantz sr5003 (feeding mains through HT bypass) Sonus Faber solo center, AQ Carbon HDMI's, Sony XBRx900E, Xbox One S as 4k player, Definitive Technology SM350's surrounds, Tivo Bolt, Harmony Elite remote

Other gear: Totem Rainmakers (not hooked up) Sonos play 5 and play 1's x 2, Audio Technica TT and Edifier active speakers in kids room, JVC XM448 minidisc rack mount, Sony minidisc walkman, Project Debut III (currently not working), Samsung 46, and 2 x32" tvs, Samsung Soundbar, Okki Nokki LP cleaner, Second Harmony remote setup for bedroom, etc etc
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,970
    halo wrote: »
    What do you call a Bose fan?

A Bozo!! :p

Also the term applied, it is said, to Matt Polk & Co's first consumer loudspeaker project. :|

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1617846
    http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1639635#Comment_1639635
    Just for the record, im not an emo fan but im definitely open to hearing or giving anything a shot ( insert ditry joke here)
    I did give one of their preamp`s a shot. It was decent but not my taste. Would i give the T1 a listening? Sure! My brain says for for close to the same $, my taste my like the Polk S series better for music but again, i haven't heard music on the emo speaker.

I guess we need to ask the OP, are going going to use them for music or HT or both?

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,871
    It certainly looks the part. And in general I'm a fan of the style of high frequency reproduction the AMT style tweeters produce.

T1_34_pairmain_1500x.png?v=1516048193
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,487
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It certainly looks the part. And in general I'm a fan of the style of high frequency reproduction the AMT style tweeters produce.

T1_34_pairmain_1500x.png?v=1516048193

I am too. A friend has MLs Motion 12s. Very nice sounding speakers.
  • halohalo Posts: 4,871
    edited November 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Also the term applied, it is said, to Matt Polk & Co's first consumer loudspeaker project. :|

Got the following message when I tried to follow a link in one of the threads.
    80cg22kg9ovl.png

Bozo drivers huh? Pretty wild.

7qh424nz51zf.jpg
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 20,970
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

80cg22kg9ovl.png

workin' here...

yu7tr56nx1mb.png

3nmiu3mn2yxz.png