Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    Not mine, not a great deal. Will chase them if anyone is interested. Let me know.
    https://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/for/d/rare-polk-audio-monitor-12/6728886481.html

7urw3aacgygn.jpeg

Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Shipping is the killer there, otherwise...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Not sure this is a "great buy" at $275 but here's some nice condition Monitor 10s: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/d/polkaudio-monitor-10/6730254204.html

00707_ecTgxq3OWoC_1200x900.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    JayMX wrote: »
    Will chase them if anyone is interested. Let me know.
    7urw3aacgygn.jpeg

Oooohhh! Grab them! Look to be in great shape! Perfect for my barn! How far is Salt Lake from Portland?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    @audioluvr - it’s a looong drive. But I may be making a trek to Boise this fall. I will inquire of the seller and see what kind of deal I can swing. Standby.
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited October 2018
    Somebody get those if you can. Those are the ones. :pB)
    Maybe 150 or less?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Very nice indeed. :)
  • elitt
    elitt Posts: 162
    Wow. Those CRS with stands 120.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited October 2018
    Nope... Maybe if it was a series II and only a bill... But that's not a deal as is
  • Tony M
    I also think they're aiming high with that price. :#

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited October 2018
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Don't look now but Frankenpolk is back. This time his victim is a pair of monitor 7's, although he claims they are monitor 10's. Oh the humanity!xzb3t2ievfdj.jpghttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6730175526.html

The thought of someone drilling thru a Peerless tweeter on an early/original Monitor 7 (which has been on my wish list for a long time) is indescribable. And he couldn't even get the tweeter centered!

You really didn't have to post this one............

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Don't look now but Frankenpolk is back. This time his victim is a pair of monitor 7's, although he claims they are monitor 10's. Oh the humanity!xzb3t2ievfdj.jpghttps://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ele/d/vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6730175526.html

There is no “annoyed” button, so I chose lol instead. Hate to see that.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge....

Flame suit is on fire away
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge....

Really?
    You could buy the speakers, sell the tweeters then pick up a pair of Peerless tweets...
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge...

Radioshack super tweeters were stand alone units you could put on top of a speaker.

If they really go for $100 this idiot ruined 2 pairs of speakers!

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Believe that tweet was fostex made and actually sounded good.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited October 2018
    delkal wrote: »
    Hey that is a realistic Radio Shack super tweeter! They sell for easily north of 100.00 on ebay don't be so quick to judge...

Radioshack super tweeters were stand alone units you could put on top of a speaker.
    If they really go for $100 this idiot ruined 2 pairs of speakers!

Yes they were but you could take the stand off and put them in speakers. I bought a dozen of them back in the day. They cost 10.00 ea. new back in the 80's and after watching sell for ungodly prices i wished i had a case of them.
    erniejade wrote: »
    Believe that tweet was fostex made and actually sounded good.
    Correct Brian and yes they were very good for the price. Most of the time i would set them on top of my speakers and face them to the rear to reflect off the wall. I was never disappointed in their performance back in the day... today might be a different story

• verb
    cincycat13 wrote: »

Yep. Mine was offered at 12 hundie and got em for an even thousand. Then spent over 4 hundie for new tweeters. Good deal IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    Yep. Mine was offered at 12 hundie and got em for an even thousand. Then spent over 4 hundie for new tweeters. Good deal IMO.

Type "hundie" one more time and Richard Simmons is gong to invite you to his dinner party. :p
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Viking64 wrote: »

Type "hundie" one more time and Richard Simmons is gong to invite you to his dinner party. :p

I bet they're "minty" too. >:)
  • Viking64
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I bet they're "minty" too. >:)

How can you tell the owner was one of those? :p
  • verb
    In a boring mtg at work. Reading Jimmy’s comment. Started cracking up! Hundie Hundie Hundie! Everyone’s looking at me! :blush:
  • Viking64
    In a boring mtg at work. Reading Jimmy’s comment. Started cracking up! Hundie Hundie Hundie! Everyone’s looking at me! :blush:

HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, man. Dave, that made me LLOL. (Literally laugh out loud.) And not the figurative literally, but the literal literally. :p That made my day. Happy LOLoween. :p
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Reminds me... back in the day, people would steal Hyundai cars to steal the radio. You could buy the cars at auction for a hundie. The cars were called Hundie for a long time...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M