MQA reps disrupt and attack at RMAF seminar

2»

Comments

• Wow. Just wow. Deflect and attack must be their motto. No reason to purchase this format at all - not that there was one before.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    How very true. Hundreds of LPs, hundreds of CDs here. One SACD, and it was a gift.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    You knew the day would come in todays world.....where we'd see political tactics applied in audio.

Audio....can you frickin' believe this junk.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Love a presentation that doesn't even bother to define the terms and goals at the start. My BS meter goes off.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited October 2018
    bikezappa wrote: »
    Love a presentation that doesn't even bother to define the terms and goals at the start. My BS meter goes off.

You need to watch it again because everyone else got it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I wasn't going to say anything...at least not be first...but I thought it was pretty clear what the seminar was about.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    The part about the DRM being built in was good.
    Currently not be used, but ready at a moments notice.
    Welcome to the modern world where not being DRM ready
    is the kiss of death.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    Do you walk to work or carry your lunch?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Not to change (I hope!) the topic, but there's an interesting MQA-related thread at AA today:

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/critics/messages/9/93881.html

Stereophile seem to be MQA sycophants, as I understand it. I haven't seen this review, though. I let my Stereophile subscription lapse, and they haven't (yet) offered it to me cheap enough to re-up. Usually, if I wait a few months, they offer it for somewhere between 5 and 8 dollars for a year. At that price, it's a good deal :)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    My BS meter goes off.

Wish McIntosh made B.S. meters....they make nice meters. :) I'm cheap though, so I just have a B.S. button that I push every so often. No joke, I really do.

As far as Stereophile goes....did you expect anything different ? These audio mags are the cheerleaders for the industry, they aren't going to cut the hands that feed them. Not once have I ever read a review in any of the audio mags that simply states xyz product sucks big time. They always sugar coat the positives, make light of the negatives.

I'll rely on ears I trust, and real world applications by those ears for certain opinions.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647

tonyb wrote: »
    My BS meter goes off.

Wish McIntosh made B.S. meters....

They do...

belkspf1dy1e.png
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707

Do you post drunk or high?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    lightman1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

I do both! Sometimes at the same time... With some alarmingly accurate statements!

Yea I'm sure they are accurate..... in your mind B)B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    DSkip wrote: »
    They sure aren't vocalized with any accuracy.

That is his hidden "talent"
  • ;;;;;;and if you wear a hat nobody will notice.

Yep, now I'm stealing quotes from Henny Youngman.
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2018
    interesting meta-commentary on the MQA imbroglio from Charles "Stellavox" King at:
    https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/critics/messages/9/93936.html
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited October 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »

I do both! Sometimes at the same time... With some alarmingly accurate statements!

Says the guy who chases goats because, to him anyway, they look like Rosie O’Donnell.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

The question should have been

"Were you a lunch runner as a kid in school??"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a