MQA reps disrupt and attack at RMAF seminar

2»

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,133
    "We're not issuing MQA vinyl at this time"

Well now .....

Exactly what we need. A lossy lossless analog.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • GospelTruthGospelTruth Posts: 324
    Wow. Just wow. Deflect and attack must be their motto. No reason to purchase this format at all - not that there was one before.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
    There almost never is a reason to chase a format. The format you 'chase' should be the one you are heavily invested in. I remember DSD being a requirement I wanted out of a DAC several years ago. My DAC's have that feature now, but guess what I don't have any of?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • maxwardmaxward Posts: 189
    How very true. Hundreds of LPs, hundreds of CDs here. One SACD, and it was a gift.
    Thorens TD-160C; Sumiko Talisman S; Jolida JD9; Marantz CD-53; North Star Intenso;
    Joule-Electra LA-100; Balanced Power Technology AC conditioner;
    Odyssey Khartago monos (with most factory upgrades); Magnepan MG 3.6R
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,168
    You knew the day would come in todays world.....where we'd see political tactics applied in audio.

Audio....can you frickin' believe this junk.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • bikezappabikezappa Posts: 2,500
    Love a presentation that doesn't even bother to define the terms and goals at the start. My BS meter goes off.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,635
    edited October 10
    bikezappa wrote: »
    Love a presentation that doesn't even bother to define the terms and goals at the start. My BS meter goes off.

You need to watch it again because everyone else got it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,587
    I wasn't going to say anything...at least not be first...but I thought it was pretty clear what the seminar was about.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• sucks2bemesucks2beme Posts: 4,825
    The part about the DRM being built in was good.
    Currently not be used, but ready at a moments notice.
    Welcome to the modern world where not being DRM ready
    is the kiss of death.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bikezappabikezappa Posts: 2,500
    Do you walk to work or carry your lunch?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,582
    Not to change (I hope!) the topic, but there's an interesting MQA-related thread at AA today:

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/critics/messages/9/93881.html

Stereophile seem to be MQA sycophants, as I understand it. I haven't seen this review, though. I let my Stereophile subscription lapse, and they haven't (yet) offered it to me cheap enough to re-up. Usually, if I wait a few months, they offer it for somewhere between 5 and 8 dollars for a year. At that price, it's a good deal :)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,168
    My BS meter goes off.

Wish McIntosh made B.S. meters....they make nice meters. :) I'm cheap though, so I just have a B.S. button that I push every so often. No joke, I really do.

As far as Stereophile goes....did you expect anything different ? These audio mags are the cheerleaders for the industry, they aren't going to cut the hands that feed them. Not once have I ever read a review in any of the audio mags that simply states xyz product sucks big time. They always sugar coat the positives, make light of the negatives.

I'll rely on ears I trust, and real world applications by those ears for certain opinions.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers

tonyb wrote: »
    My BS meter goes off.

Wish McIntosh made B.S. meters....

They do...

belkspf1dy1e.png
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,635

Do you post drunk or high?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,480
    lightman1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

I do both! Sometimes at the same time... With some alarmingly accurate statements!

Yea I'm sure they are accurate..... in your mind B) B)
    They sure aren't vocalized with any accuracy.
    audiothesis.com/

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,480
    DSkip wrote: »

That is his hidden "talent"
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »

That is his hidden "talent"

I thought it was pointing at someone and saying 'You got a point'.
    audiothesis.com/

• mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,565
    ;;;;;;and if you wear a hat nobody will notice.

Yep, now I'm stealing quotes from Henny Youngman.
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    edited October 12
    interesting meta-commentary on the MQA imbroglio from Charles "Stellavox" King at:
    https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/critics/messages/9/93936.html
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,565
    edited October 18
    lightman1 wrote: »

I do both! Sometimes at the same time... With some alarmingly accurate statements!

Says the guy who chases goats because, to him anyway, they look like Rosie O’Donnell.....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,966

The question should have been

"Were you a lunch runner as a kid in school??"
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
2»