I blew up my RTIA9, twice..

2»

Comments

• gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    F1nut wrote: »
    You really need to pull and check the crossovers before doing anything else.
    Yup Yup Yup I so agree

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited October 2018
    If I remember Skip they are different...
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are the drivers and crossovers identical to the rti12? If so I have a set of 12 that we could work out a deal on.
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    If I remember Skip they are different...

Swing and a miss!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I think the drivers are the same... not sure on the XO.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    Rti12 and a9 use the same drivers
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited October 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    I know the older gen RT drivers were different but I thought the move to the A was cabinet and maybe crossover differences. I could be wrong though.

Yes different XO according to Doro and of course cabinet.

I cannot stress enough to look at the XO. Many have cooked parts in the XO doing just as you have done. Makes no sense to put new drivers in to get fouled up quick like from a bad XO.
  • gp4jesus
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes different XO according to Doro...
    certainly true for the ‘A7/RTi10
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I cannot stress enough to look at the XO. Many have cooked parts in the XO doing just as you have done. Makes no sense to put new drivers in to get fouled up quick like from a bad XO.
    yup X3
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • gp4jesus
    edited January 2020
    Have you considered vertical bi-amping? You would need more wire.

Take ‘em out of mono. Taking care to connect + to red, - to black: one channel to the “top,” the other to the “bottom?” Then do the same w/the other amp to the other speaker?

Can’t say how or if it would affect your “party” loudness. Mostly I’m curious about a change in SQ - particularly distortion.

Just a thought. Tony
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    80% volume? I don’t even want to know what that sounds like. Geez man
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    This thread is old
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a