I blew up my RTIA9, twice..

2»

Comments

• gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 1,194
    F1nut wrote: »
    You really need to pull and check the crossovers before doing anything else.
    Yup Yup Yup I so agree

Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 975 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, DirecTV Rcvr, Xbox 360, Dennon LDP, Phillips CD chgr

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: tri-amped RTi A7. Woofers, Rotel 98X amp; M & T, P'sound HCA-1000
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: 1 B1.39: 1 Evidence at each corner
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3*
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
    *Bi-amped by years end
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,131
    Are the drivers and crossovers identical to the rti12? If so I have a set of 12 that we could work out a deal on.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,947
    edited October 1
    If I remember Skip they are different...
  • krazypolkkrazypolk Posts: 305
    DSkip wrote: »
    Are the drivers and crossovers identical to the rti12? If so I have a set of 12 that we could work out a deal on.
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    If I remember Skip they are different...

Swing and a miss!
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,131
    I know the older gen RT drivers were different but I thought the move to the A was cabinet and maybe crossover differences. I could be wrong though.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,330
    I think the drivers are the same... not sure on the XO.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,386
    Rti12 and a9 use the same drivers
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,475
    edited October 1
    DSkip wrote: »
    I know the older gen RT drivers were different but I thought the move to the A was cabinet and maybe crossover differences. I could be wrong though.

Yes different XO according to Doro and of course cabinet.

I cannot stress enough to look at the XO. Many have cooked parts in the XO doing just as you have done. Makes no sense to put new drivers in to get fouled up quick like from a bad XO.
  • gp4jesusgp4jesus Posts: 1,194
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Yes different XO according to Doro...
    certainly true for the ‘A7/RTi10
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I cannot stress enough to look at the XO. Many have cooked parts in the XO doing just as you have done. Makes no sense to put new drivers in to get fouled up quick like from a bad XO.
    yup X3
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 975 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, DirecTV Rcvr, Xbox 360, Dennon LDP, Phillips CD chgr

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: tri-amped RTi A7. Woofers, Rotel 98X amp; M & T, P'sound HCA-1000
    CC: Rotel RB985 -> tri-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: 1 B1.39: 1 Evidence at each corner
    Surrounds: Hafler XL280 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3*
    Power Conditioning & Distribution: