The SDA SRS's have landed at Verb's house!

Comments

• Congrats on those classic mint speakers. Huge speakers rule!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    verb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    To use the bass brace you remove the top bolt on the back panel. However, IIRC the bass brace had not been invented until after the SDA SRS was out of production.

Yep. No bolt on mine. Are you still running yours?

Bass brace? No, I prefer spikes by a large margin. The problem with the brace using the stock pad feet is the cabinet can still move. The brace was really meant for safety issues such as in California in the event of an earthquake.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Confirmed these are 1st gen SRS's. Pulled off the MW's on both sides and they are 6503's. Mfg date of April 1987.

I believe a count of the screws on the XO plate is another way to confirm.

That is unreliable as Polk is notorious for using parts from other models. Since the interconnect socket is blade/blade, they are first generation and cannot be TL'd. The 1.2 and 1.2 TL have pin/blade IC sockets.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • Congrats Verb!
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Confirmed these are 1st gen SRS's. Pulled off the MW's on both sides and they are 6503's. Mfg date of April 1987.

I believe a count of the screws on the XO plate is another way to confirm.

That is unreliable as Polk is notorious for using parts from other models. Since the interconnect socket is blade/blade, they are first generation and cannot be TL'd. The 1.2 and 1.2 TL have pin/blade IC sockets.

Yep. Like any manufacturer, they use up existing parts if they can for newer models. There is in fact a transitional 1.2 with the old XO plate.

My first set of 1C’s is a transitional pair. @westmassguy helped me out on that project!

TL is beyond this pair of SRS’s, but right now I’m a happy camper!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    My first set of 1C’s is a transitional pair.
    This sounds like some kind of that crazy gender confusion stuff. :p
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    My first set of 1C’s is a transitional pair.
    This sounds like some kind of that crazy gender confusion stuff. :p

Why Jimmy where have you been lurking? Yes everything/everyone's coming out these days, even vintage repressed speakers! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    BMF35 wrote: »
    I would have had to lay at least one of them on it's back and drive like my grandma the whole way back hoping none of the other MW magnets shifted every time I went over a bump. Congrats on the purchase and getting them home safely. I still have the rest of the BH5 we splitted somewhere around here if you need any.

Yeah! I'll take it brother! PM me the details. :smile:

My son and I have been going through everything in search of a couple thousand rounds of 9mm I know is here and we'll keep our eyes open for the BH5 and Dynamat box. Will let you know when it's found.
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,497
    Congratulations they look great
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    @Verb, I'm right there with you now, except one step down. See my binge thread :)
  • verb
    FestYboy wrote: »
    @Verb, I'm right there with you now, except one step down. See my binge thread :)

Awesome dude! :smile:
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Awesome purchase! They look fabulous!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Congrats to you on getting those beauties into place. Now the fun starts as this will be a significant upgrade.
    A question; is that wall mount phone still in use???
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Nice find.....they look almost new.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Yep2 wrote: »

Hello... Sarah?
    This is Verb...
    Can you connect "Verb" to Polk Audio's main office please?

9ajz54frsbe4.png
  • verb
    Congrats to you on getting those beauties into place. Now the fun starts as this will be a significant upgrade.

Hehe. Good eye. Not in use! :smile:
  • verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Short the binding post to help get drivers from moving as much as possible.

Hey Dogg - You mean use jumpers instead of bi-wiring em?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited October 2018

He means shorting out the input terminals of the speaker while transporting them. It damps the driver movement. Of course remove short before connecting amp. ;)

Since they are moved already, do it on the next speakers you get. :smile:

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • verb
    Ahhh! Got it. Thanks!
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Yep2 wrote: »

Hello... Sarah?
    This is Verb...
    Can you connect "Verb" to Polk Audio's main office please?

9ajz54frsbe4.png

Dog? This is Jimmy! Wassssup? Woof Woof!

z60hrcs7frpb.png
  • Just wait until you hear something with really deep (meaning sub 50hz) bass! B)
  • verb
    Just wait until you hear something with really deep (meaning sub 50hz) bass! B)

Can’t wait. Plan to hook em up this weekend!
  • Do you have anything with well recorded Organ?
    I PROMISE you will be SHOCKED (as long as your room's standing waves don't muck it all up)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited October 2018
    Play Olives' "Falling". :o for a nice SDA-SRS bass experience. B) Around 3:25 it digs real deep. :D
    https://youtu.be/DyQGKeqWc9M
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    SCompRacer wrote: »

He means shorting out the input terminals of the speaker while transporting them. It damps the driver movement. Of course remove short before connecting amp. ;)

Since they are moved already, do it on the next speakers you get. :smile:

Went downstairs and performed the shifted magnet test on the MW's. No issues. All drivers move freely, no binding or scratching noise. Whew! Dodged a bullet here! :smile: