The SDA SRS's have landed at Verb's house!

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 6,526
    Will "Billy Idol" be the first artist to christen the first sound you hear from those beauties?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 4,025
    Tony M wrote: »
    Will "Billy Idol" be the first artist to christen the first sound you hear from those beauties?

Hehe. 3rd in queue! Evanescence Lost Whispers cranking right now! :smile: OMG the bass digs deep!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Project BoxE, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    The bass that my SRS2's put out ALWAYS puts a smile on people's faces too. :D B)
    The bass that my SRS2's put out ALWAYS puts a smile on people's faces too. :D B)

Amy Lee’s voice is giving me goosebumps! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,565
    Just wait til you upgrade those tweets and XO’s.... you ain’t heard nothin yet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,332
    Awesome! Enjoy!
    I gotta get a cable for my CRS’s. I’ll see about finding one later today.
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Just wait til you upgrade those tweets and XO’s.... you ain’t heard nothin yet.

Yep. Tweets are 1st on my list!
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,053
    See if you can spread them a little further apart and see if that helps with the soundstage. MOVE THAT VACUUM! :#
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    See if you can spread them a little further apart and see if that helps with the soundstage. MOVE THAT VACUUM! :#

Hehe! Yeah, they are by no means in their final spot. Just wanted to test them out. So far so good. :smile:
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,239
    The phone is going to seriously eff up the imaging. Highly suggest cordless... B)
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    The phone is going to seriously eff up the imaging. Highly suggest cordless... B)

And you know this from experience I presume, or are you just speculating again. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,239

And you know this from experience I presume, or are you just speculating again. ;)

Look at the coiled cord man!!
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
    edited October 6

Your youth and inexperience are showing again....

The coils also have the required 1" spiral to them as they hang,, so pose no audible distortion of the signal. I think DK did a study on the phenomena as well, and reached the same conclusion, so long as the 1.21 jigawatt threshold is not exceeded below 75 watts.

Your youth and inexperience are showing again....

The coils also have the required 1" spiral to them as they hang,, so pose no audible distortion of the signal. I think DK did a study on the phenomena as well, and reached the same conclusion, so long as the 1.21 jigawatt threshold is not exceeded below 75 watts.

Thank God it’s not plugged in! :smile:
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,605
    I bet if you listened to Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean", that phone would ring at the exact moment the studio phone also rings in the original recording and sound AMAZING! Verb creates a whole new level of SDA realism!!!!
    Hold on the phone’s ringing? Hello? Dog? :smile:
    verb wrote: »

Not this time!

vcus9qbs2wwk.jpg
    Cow says: "I'll put a stop to this phone nonsense!"

I wonder if the famous black dog at Headley Grange ever answered the Rolling Stones' mobile phone when Zeppelin was there recording their fourth album? I know that he could chase "Four Sticks" at a time. :)

Obviously the lab prefers older Iron Maiden. :p
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,128
    u7tc4ght8i5e.jpg

Looks great verb!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Sonos - W4S Mod, DAC: W4S DAC-2
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
    edited October 6
    Thanks Brother! All I can say sor far is OMG! Soundstage (vertical) is incredible! Bass is deep, and precise.

Yeah the tweeters are a bit bright, but I already ordered 8 new RD0-194’s !
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,965
    Why are you running the preamp without the cover on? Just curious.
    edited October 6
    A bit lazy, but @gmcman still owes me some screws! :smile: And I got some Bugle Boys I’m getting ready to roll in there! :smile:
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,110
    edited October 7

Reading my mind. :D
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto