Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited September 2018
    krazypolk wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Well, Rogers spoke the truth. GB is a mediocre team without him. Then again, so are the Pats without Brady. I would argue though, his words don't bode well publicly.

A good QB has it's value to a team, but it isn't the whole team, and should not be expressed that way. Many good QB's didn't make it because the surrounding players were sub par. The ego's and cry baby tactics don't play out well to fans or the sport in general.

Oh really? How did McMahon's cry baby primary donna attitude play out with you? Now let's see how honestly you respond.

Never cared for him, I've said that before. Though we all are fans of our home teams, I still believe in calling a spade, a spade, when I see it. I said McMahon was a tool earlier in this thread, try and keep up man. :)

Was that honest enough for you ? lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds wrote: »
    Everyone one older than 50 years old knows Vince Lombardi was a mafia boss!!

Vince Lombardi came to give a speech at her school and he had a dress on.

I didn't know Vince was a cross dresser. They must've accidentally left that one out of the history books. No denying he was one helluva coach, though. They could've named a trophy after him.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Funny. Vince didn’t wear no earring. One time about fifteen years ago I met the trainer from the Glory years and asked him if any of the players from today’s game could play on Lombardi’s teams. He said none of them could even wear Nitschke’s jock strap except Brett Favre. Is Rodgers a prima Donna? Of course. Half the league is. The two QBs in the Viking Packer game are guaranteed nearly a quarter billion dollars. Think about that. Two players. Neither one can pull out the victory when they really needed to. Yet a second year QB earning rookie scale throws 6 TDs for Kansas City. These prima donnas could probably demand the coach of their choice. Football went entertainment a long time ago. That’s the difference between Lombardi and now.
  • And ladies, that's the ballgame.
    Bears defense looks impressive.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    And the NFL has spoken. They are using video of the Clay Mathews hit on Kirk Cousins to show clubs why the penalty was called and that the "scoop and pull" technique is in fact, illegal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000963544/article/nfl-to-use-clay-matthews-penalty-in-teaching-video

looks like a great call by the officiating crew after all. Suck on that, Krazy. :p:p;)B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Now I've heard everything. NFL desperately trying to save face. Damage control on overdrive.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2018
    This isn't damage control. This is the NFL clarifying their position in an attempt to resolve the issue. I agree with you that its a bogus rule, but it's better than hanging a flag on the QB's keister. If you don't like the rules, become the next Commissioner or start your own league and you can play by your own rules.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hey, now there's an idea. Got any money I can borrow?
  • nooshinjohn
    I wouldn't give you a penny to KEEP your thoughts...

• I wouldn't give you a penny to KEEP your thoughts...

Forget the penny, I need some Demon cash. >:)
  • tonyb
    Bears looked good last night against Seattle. Still, you can throw all day into that secondary, they need work down field. Lookin' like they may be the underdog in that division.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • There's a former Viking kicker looking for work. I hope his college degree was something other than basket weaving. The lad went 1 of 6 in field goal attempts after he won the job and that doesn't cut it in the NFL. It looks like the Vikes are picking up Dan Bailey.

I think my dog couldn't have kicked worse than Daniel Carlson.
  • krazypolk wrote: »
    Now I've heard everything. NFL desperately trying to save face. Damage control on overdrive.

KP, do us a favor and compare video of Mathews sack of Cousins and Kendricks sack of Rodgers and let me know if you think they are all that different. In my eyes they are nearly identical, and they both sucked. It gets back to this feeling of entitlement Packer fans have where every call has to be in their favor. Again, the call against Mathews was just at a more crucial moment. I don't think either should have been a penalty but since your Prima Donna QB got hurt last year the NFL had to pacify the Packer fan base by making this ridiculous Don't Touch Aaron penalty. That's a sword that's going to cut both ways.

Better get used to it.
  • dromunds
    [quote="The_Polkster;

It gets back to this feeling of entitlement Packer fans have where every call has to be in their favor. [/quote]

Generalizing about anything is rarely legitimate, and I'm not sure what you mean by this continued reference to Packer fans having a "feeling of entitlement." You must really hate the Packers I guess.
  • tonyb
    edited September 2018
    Rogers is just being used as an example, we can name a few others too. Same way with Brady, tackle them too hard and the NFL wants to change the rules or Refs will make calls favoring the QB.

A QB has choices when he's in trouble. Throw it away, ground it, or go down with the ball. He doesn't have to wait until he gets clobbered, then cry about getting clobbered. This isn't touch football for only QB's. Check the ego's at the door and just play the game is all anyone wants. If your QB is getting clobbered, run the ball, or your line sucks.

Unfortunately every QB wants to be the one to save the day, the hero, the one guy the team can't do without, the next record breaker. While I admire the competitive nature in some of these players, sometimes it doesn't work out in your favor and you get clobbered. Stop crying about it and suck it up....it was your choice to get clobbered anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Im watching the Browns and Jets right now. Green Bay superfan and Talking Forehead extraordinaire Joe Buck had to bring up his opinion that GB got jobbed on the call against Matthews. No mention of Kendrick's penalty for the same play.

Didn't this jackwagon say he was going to retire?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just saw a blatant pass interference not called on the Jets on a 30 yard pass to the end zone. It wasn't called!! The fans boo'd like I did. I'm no fan of either team and my wife wanted to watch so I flipped back and forth to Fox news when I could.

And I see that "no call BS".

I've also seen some quarterback sacks that looked rougher than those other sacks that got flagged last week.

I just don't know about these refs sometimes... :(

50,000 people see the foul and it doesn't get called? The 50,000 people CAN'T be wrong!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • First Browns win since December 2016!! Baker the touchdown maker!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • 635 days since a win. Wow.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Vikings and Packers really sucked today! Now I need a Bears win. Go Bears. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Vikings and Packers really sucked today! Now I need a Bears win. Go Bears. D

You sir, are a MASTER of the understatement. That was easily in the top 5 worst games I have ever watched in my lifetime. There was no sense of the Vikings even being aware there was a game today. Maybe 53 lucky fans were picked at random while entering the stadium and told they were going to suit up.

Pathetic play in every phase of the game. Only Adam Thielen seemed willing to step up.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    How many bad QBs are in the league nowadays and mediocre teams a plenty. I always thought expanding to 32, albeit a nice round number, was a mistake. Too many teams and too little talent to go around. On a side note....my kids keep making fun of me because I keep referring to the NFC Central divison.
  • kevhed72 wrote: »
    How many bad QBs are in the league nowadays and mediocre teams a plenty. I always thought expanding to 32, albeit a nice round number, was a mistake. Too many teams and too little talent to go around. On a side note....my kids keep making fun of me because I keep referring to the NFC Central divison.

So if top tier QB play is what you really want, how about an 8 team league?
    I hope you're happy with that, you'll be the only one.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    krazypolk wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »

So if top tier QB play is what you really want, how about an 8 team league?
    I hope you're happy with that, you'll be the only one.
    Sure....thats a great idea, but I think there may be some room between an 8 team league and a 32 team league. :o

• nooshinjohn
    Third week in a row for a roughing-the-passer call against Clay Mathews. I am beginning to think he might just have a problem with following the new rules.

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited September 2018
    Crawford, a Cowboy got the same call in the Seattle game. I agree they have a problem with the new rule.

The Cowboys have no offense. The worst Cowboy offense I've seen in a long time.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • dromunds
    Third week in a row for a roughing-the-passer call against Clay Mathews. I am beginning to think he might just have a problem with following the new rules.

Watch that play and then tell me if the “new rules” are football. What a joke.