Are you READY for some FOOTBALL!!!

Comments

• Dabutcher wrote: »
    Year in , year out. Packers get more “Home Cookin” than any other team in the NFL. Sniveling about bad play calling in nonsensical! Packers did not play well enough today to win. Simple as that. Go Bears! Peace. D

Do you have actual evidence of this, or are you simply spouting off rhetoric as facts when it's simply your biased opinion?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    I smell an angry Packer fan... don't worry, Minnesota will finish the job when they play at U.S. Bank Stadium.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited September 2018
    @Dabutcher.... I agree 100%. Any team that surrenders 22 points in the 4th quarter deserves a loss IMHO. And any team with Super Bowl aspirations that moves up in the draft to grab a rookie kicker rather than field a proven talent also does not deserve a win if they are relying on his leg to win games. Stevie Wonder could have made that last one.

Both teams got better than what they deserved, but again, just my opinion.

Well since you determine who deserves what then why do the games even need to be played. After all you know what's best for everyone.

Comical.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2018
    krazypolk wrote: »
    @Dabutcher.... I agree 100%. Any team that surrenders 22 points in the 4th quarter deserves a loss IMHO. And any team with Super Bowl aspirations that moves up in the draft to grab a rookie kicker rather than field a proven talent also does not deserve a win if they are relying on his leg to win games. Stevie Wonder could have made that last one.

Both teams got better than what they deserved, but again, just my opinion.

Well since you determine who deserves what then why do the games even need to be played. After all you know what's best for everyone.

Comical.

Good to know that you are the only one entitled to an opinion. The games are played so knuckle-draggers like us can argue about them later.

It's all good by me.... have a great night. :pB)

Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
    Year in , year out. Packers get more “Home Cookin” than any other team in the NFL. Sniveling about bad play calling in nonsensical! Packers did not play well enough today to win. Simple as that. Go Bears! Peace. D
    Yeah buddy! I’m so sick of how the “media” thinks baby Aaron Rodgers is the greatest of all time. Packers at home get more flags going their way then any other NFL team. Everyone one older than 50 years old knows Vince Lombardi was a mafia boss!! As for as that middle LB for the Cheese heads he gets away with more illegal hits than anybody in the league. Drew Brees doesn’t get the respect He deserves How many 5000 plus games does cry baby Rogers have? Not even close to what Brees has put up!!

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited September 2018
    As a Chicago fan, and anti Packers by blood, you can't take away the fact that Rogers is one heck of a QB. Just a fact there.

However, it does seem when things don't go his way he turns into a bit of a baby like Rivers. He wasn't always like that though. Maybe too much ego as he got more fame, I dunno. Happens to a lot of athletes.

Sports announcers are paid to blow smoke up the skirts of successful players to stoke the game in general. Hasn't it been obvious with players like Rogers, Brady as just 2 examples. When those 2 guys miss a pass, an announcer will blame the receiver. If a lessor known QB misses the same play, it's the QB's fault.

One thing is for sure, it isn't the same game I grew up with, on many fronts.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    tonyb wrote: »
    However, it does seem when things don't go his way he turns into a bit of a baby like Rivers, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Jim McMahon, Tony Romo, Phil Simms, and Joe Theismann.
    There, I fixed that for you. Who am I missing? :p
  • Now you did it @viking64, you brought up that piece of gar bage, Jim McMahon. What a tool that guy was.
  • Viking64
    Now you did it @viking64, you brought up that piece of gar bage, Jim McMahon. What a tool that guy was.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA werd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avRHH9uAL4Q
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    If anybody can find my Cardinals, can you tell them they missed the first 2 games of the season.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz wrote: »
    If anybody can find my Cardinals, can you tell them they missed the first 2 games of the season.

I don't think even their luggage made it out to Los Angeles.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Jim McMahon was a pretty good QB. Great by Bears standards. Help us win a Super Bowl. Played good football til he got hit late by Green Bay player Martin. He was never the same after that injury. Love Yours,
    D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Jim McMahon was and is a tool.
  • tonyb
    Jim McMahon was and is a tool.

Agreed....even retired, he's still a tool. At that time in Bears history, he didn't need to be great, just not make major mistakes. The defense and running game won games for them. Bears have never had a top caliber QB.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dabutcher
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Lame, pathetic. That was like a third of a century ago. Way to live in the past but it's ok I guess since that's all you'll ever have.
  • Dabutcher
    Why are you so angry Packer Backer? Humor eludes you brother. Love Yours. D
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Dabutcher wrote: »

Lame, pathetic. That was like a third of a century ago. Way to live in the past but it's ok I guess since that's all you'll ever have.

Dude did you not get enough bran this morning? Wifey kick you out of bad last night? Your best bud ran away with your wife and you miss him?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »

Dude did you not get enough bran this morning? Wifey kick you out of bad last night? Your best bud ran away with your wife and you miss him?

What have I stated that wasn't true? I don't sugar coat dog poo. I'm not sorry if my honesty bothers or ruffles some.
  • nooshinjohn
    Why are you so angry Packer Backer? Humor eludes you brother. Love Yours. D

Typical Cheese head behavior, learned at the Aaron Rodgers School of Temper Tantrums.

My Saints barely beat the lowly Browns! I know one thing, at least we ain’t 0-1-1, like GB!! Lololol.
  • Oldschool59
    Oldschool59 Posts: 67
    edited September 2018
    :p:p:p old Tom was mad!
  • Viking64
    My Saints barely beat the lowly Browns! I know one thing, at least we ain’t 0-1-1, like GB!! Lololol.
    The Packers are 1-0-1, which means they are half a game ahead of the Saints at 1-1-0. Do you even know how this stuff works?
  • tonyb
    steveinaz wrote: »

GB is 1-0-1 , last I checked.

I'm going to make and early prediction, look for the Falcons, Minnesota to highlight the playoffs.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Everyone one older than 50 years old knows Vince Lombardi was a mafia boss!!

You can say anything you want about just about anything, but you call Vince Lombardi a "mafia boss" and if I thought you were serious, as Merle Haggard said, you're walking on the fighting side of me. That man had integrity and class. I watched every game that Vince coached and he walked the walk. His team played by a strict code, so did Tom Landry's and a few others'. I once interviewed Vince's secretary and she told me that he was a true gentleman of utmost character and a perfect boss. Once a woman told me that she was a teacher in Chicago and Vince Lombardi came to give a speech at her school and he had a dress on. "A mafia boss" falls into that same category.

Feel the same way about my Hawks. Can't remember the last 0-2 start. Should be interesting tonight.
  • I'm a Viking fan. Always have been. That's my qualifier and now i'm going to go off.

I do admire the Packer organization. BUT. The only other fan bases that are nearly so entitled are the Yankees and Patriots. On top of that, Aaron Rodgers is a prima donna. Look it up in Dictionary.com. They have a picture of him. After this last weeks game Rodgers basically said the team will be good as long as he's playing. In other words, folks, 'there is no team in I'.

Classic.

The Don't Touch Aaron penalty against Matthews on Sunday was very similar to the Don't Touch Aaron penalty against Kendricks. If you call one, you have to call the other. You can't complain just because it happened at an inopportune moment in the game.

• tonyb
    Well, Rogers spoke the truth. GB is a mediocre team without him. Then again, so are the Pats without Brady. I would argue though, his words don't bode well publicly.

A good QB has it's value to a team, but it isn't the whole team, and should not be expressed that way. Many good QB's didn't make it because the surrounding players were sub par. The ego's and cry baby tactics don't play out well to fans or the sport in general.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb wrote: »
    Well, Rogers spoke the truth. GB is a mediocre team without him. Then again, so are the Pats without Brady. I would argue though, his words don't bode well publicly.

A good QB has it's value to a team, but it isn't the whole team, and should not be expressed that way. Many good QB's didn't make it because the surrounding players were sub par. The ego's and cry baby tactics don't play out well to fans or the sport in general.

Oh really? How did McMahon's cry baby primary donna attitude play out with you? Now let's see how honestly you respond.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2018
    Time to take your meds again Krazypolk… You have yet to be honest since you started posting in this thread. Admit you are a Packer Hack.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on