Plastic Straws

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Oh my goodness, this might be the best karma around... in with 57! B)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Starbucks are anarchists.

3lsg53vzi1qt.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mlistens03
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Starbucks are anarchists.

3lsg53vzi1qt.jpg

:o call the cops! ;)
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    or chopsticks!
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    yep my great of Texas missed the top ten, dang! but at least we are dead last in high school graduation rates, and number one in childhood food insecurity at 4.2 million. Yes, 4.2 million children in Texas do not have regular access to food, much less healthy food. But gaddammit we are the second biggest economy in 'Murica, and we don't have debt like Kalifornia. So keep your children hungry and illiterate and you to can be debt free!!!
    Nevermind all these issue facing the country....lets all freak out over plastics straws and what other states do which...really doesnt effect us.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    edited August 2018

You must be a Harley guy... they come by here too. Usually it is around 1 in the morning, when everybody is asleep. They rev their engines to see which one is the loudest, and wake my boy up in the process. They must be trying to compensate for their other shortcomings.

Are you kidding? Why would you assume such a nasty thing. I know guys love their big fat hogs and that's great. Sweet looking bikes with a great purpose (cruising). But... not built for splitting lanes. No. I ride a Ducati. Small, nimble, and quick. And I do not believe in "loud pipes save lives". Totally hate loud pipes.

Also... for you guys crying about cutting in line, etc. It's legal here in Cali! Wait my turn? lol. So funny. In 90 degree heat? Nope.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Yay! Ducati. Me too
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Ducati... saw one on the 101 freeway around 1030 this morning. Two wheeled Ferrari. I appreciate the art of the motorcycle, but I never got the need for having one. Snowmobiles were more my style.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • HzTweaker
    HzTweaker Posts: 723
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    or chopsticks!

Maybe there's a market for hollow chopsticks -- sort of the Asian spork?

This made me LOL!! :D

Is plastic cutlery still a thing in CA?
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • mlistens03
    edited August 2018
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    or chopsticks!

Maybe there's a market for hollow chopsticks -- sort of the Asian spork?

This made me LOL!! :D

Is plastic cutlery still a thing in CA?

Only on the black market. ;)
    Post edited by mlistens03 on
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Just to be clear, and satisfy my curiosity, what do food trucks and other joints hand out for utensils in California ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    tonyb wrote: »
    Just to be clear, and satisfy my curiosity, what do food trucks and other joints hand out for utensils in California ?

There are no food trucks left in California. They all went out of business buying silverware, just to have people throw it away.
    And now, we have another crisis on our hands. The oceans are filled up with silverware, and it is now illegal too. :unamused::wink:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    At my last 'real' job, we had compostable (or is that compostible? I have trouble spelling words with schwa sounds in 'em) flatware. Not sure of what material they were made -- some depths are better left unplumbed ;)
  • Maybe "combustible" would solve some problems ?
    Sal Palooza
  • Jetmaker737

Yes there are plastic utensils here. One of my favorite local restaurants is an all-outdoor dining place that only uses plastic plates, utensils, and cups. even the wine glasses are plastic.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Yep2 wrote: »
    This whole thread is "the straw that broke the Camels back"!

gci8seas80ya.jpg
  • Tell the truth Viking: you went out and bought a GD camel just so you could take that picture.
    Dam your gawds !!
    Sal Palooza
  • Viking64
    I know it's against the law to smoke a Camel in your car in certain places too. Especially during dry season.
  • Viking64
    edited August 2018
    If you have a farm where you remove milk from a camel, would that be considered a dromeDAIRY?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Yes there are plastic utensils here. One of my favorite local restaurants is an all-outdoor dining place that only uses plastic plates, utensils, and cups. even the wine glasses are plastic.

Then I'm confused, plastic straws.....according to California anyway, find their way into the ocean but other plastics don't ? I mean...if ya ban one you have to ban all, no ?

Maybe my mistake is trying to make sense out of the senseless.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    I think 1/4 of our university students are bitten by something.

Common sense isn't so common anymore and hasn't been since that woman spilled coffee in her lap at McDonald's drive thru.

Tearing down statues and stomping on their heads... :o It's almost out of control and headed one or two steps to somewhere worse.
    Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jetmaker737
    Then I'm confused, plastic straws.....according to California anyway, find their way into the ocean but other plastics don't ? I mean...if ya ban one you have to ban all, no ?

Maybe my mistake is trying to make sense out of the senseless.

No need for confusion. Straws are not banned where I live which is in California.