Plastic Straws

135678

Comments

  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,975
    Just wondering if there is a slushee or milk shake exemption on this straw ban thing.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,450
    Good point. I wonder if sales will plummet on those two items.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,151
    No, the left will manage to get them banned too.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,602
    DaveHo wrote: »
    No, the left will manage to get them banned too.

    No doubt health hazards
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,262
    Just think, kids in the future will not get to experience the sensation of a brain freeze.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • Gerres26Gerres26 Posts: 415
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I let my kids play with knives

    They learned quick

    My kids had to cut their own umbilical cords. Still, I am for anything to make the environment safer. Like it is said, if one life is saved it is worth it.

    Any parent would agree.

    Keep this thought in mind and memory of another death. Mollie Tibbetts, may she rest in peace.

    They don't like to talk about when things like this happen...but but, plastic straws!
  • Yes, Mollies death is tragic, but what her death has to do with corded windows blinds beats me.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; Cables ZU Mission IC's, SC and power cords, all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

    All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

    Other; S60'S, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All speakers have had crossover rebuilds, resulting in a small fortune invested in Sonicaps, and tweeter upgrades.

    Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

    tonyb said " but even socialists can do a good thing here and there

    Social media makes dumb people dumber and smart people dumb then dumber.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,594
    edited August 2018
    Yes, Mollies death is tragic, but what her death has to do with corded windows blinds beats me.

    never mind...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,804
    *zoom*

    Like a 747...

    Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    Yes, Mollies death is tragic, but what her death has to do with corded windows blinds beats me.

    never mind...



    John, never mind what?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; Cables ZU Mission IC's, SC and power cords, all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

    All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

    Other; S60'S, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All speakers have had crossover rebuilds, resulting in a small fortune invested in Sonicaps, and tweeter upgrades.

    Political memes posted as fact and accepted as fact, are sign language of the ignorant, for the ignorant

    tonyb said " but even socialists can do a good thing here and there

    Social media makes dumb people dumber and smart people dumb then dumber.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,780
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just think, kids in the future will not get to experience the sensation of a brain freeze.

    Don't know about that Jess. What we experienced was a momentary lack of brain function, these generations seems like it lasts a far bit longer. Brain freeze ? Look around, some are on permanent brain freeze.

    I'm a bit disappointed my new oven didn't come with a warning label to not stick my head in it and turn on the gas. My hammer came with no such warning to keep hands clear and the tree I just planted....no such warnings about future falling branches.

    Sound ridiculous ? Of course it does, as does many of the other things stated in this thread. Common sense can not be bought, it has to be taught. We are not born with it.

    ….and to think, we actually pay people a good chunk of coin, give them benefits and pensions, to spend their time to come up with this stuff while real problems of more grave importance go unanswered. This is why many get upset when they see time and money wasted on such things as straws. In my day, to even suggest many of the stupid laws that California has enacted already would have bought you a nice tight fitting white jacket and a rubber room.
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,947
    What about enima straws......?
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,467
    mrbiron wrote: »
    What about enima straws......?

    I think with that...time to shut er down mods.
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,467
    tonyb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just think, kids in the future will not get to experience the sensation of a brain freeze.

    Don't know about that Jess. What we experienced was a momentary lack of brain function, these generations seems like it lasts a far bit longer. Brain freeze ? Look around, some are on permanent brain freeze.

    I'm a bit disappointed my new oven didn't come with a warning label to not stick my head in it and turn on the gas. My hammer came with no such warning to keep hands clear and the tree I just planted....no such warnings about future falling branches.

    Sound ridiculous ? Of course it does, as does many of the other things stated in this thread. Common sense can not be bought, it has to be taught. We are not born with it.

    ….and to think, we actually pay people a good chunk of coin, give them benefits and pensions, to spend their time to come up with this stuff while real problems of more grave importance go unanswered. This is why many get upset when they see time and money wasted on such things as straws. In my day, to even suggest many of the stupid laws that California has enacted already would have bought you a nice tight fitting white jacket and a rubber room.
    Worlds 6th largest economy my friend, so they must be doing something right.

  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,594
    edited August 2018
    San Francisco must be a utopian paradise then...

    @Tony... well said. How in the heck did I ever survive my Schwinn, or Lawn Darts?
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

    Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

  • In California I can split lanes on my motorcycle. So yes, it is paradise.
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,262
    Moved because someone whined.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."


  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,249
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just think, kids in the future will not get to experience the sensation of a brain freeze.

    Don't know about that Jess. What we experienced was a momentary lack of brain function, these generations seems like it lasts a far bit longer. Brain freeze ? Look around, some are on permanent brain freeze.

    I'm a bit disappointed my new oven didn't come with a warning label to not stick my head in it and turn on the gas. My hammer came with no such warning to keep hands clear and the tree I just planted....no such warnings about future falling branches.

    Sound ridiculous ? Of course it does, as does many of the other things stated in this thread. Common sense can not be bought, it has to be taught. We are not born with it.

    ….and to think, we actually pay people a good chunk of coin, give them benefits and pensions, to spend their time to come up with this stuff while real problems of more grave importance go unanswered. This is why many get upset when they see time and money wasted on such things as straws. In my day, to even suggest many of the stupid laws that California has enacted already would have bought you a nice tight fitting white jacket and a rubber room.
    Worlds 6th largest economy my friend, so they must be doing something right.

    3xq4tiqt49om.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,040
    edited August 2018
    ...

    No problem letting motorcycles in the carpool lanes, but splitting lanes is the dumbest thing a motorcyclist can do IMHO...

    It is profoundly risky, and bugged the snot outta me when I lived, and commuted, in the Golden State... but no, it's not the dumbest thing.
    Here in Live Free and Die NH, they can ride sans helmets.
    That's the dumbest thing a motorcyclist can do.

    :(

    pzhmr1fraotn.png



  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,761
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It is profoundly risky, and bugged the snot outta me when I lived, and commuted, in the Golden State... but no, it's not the dumbest thing.
    Here in Live Free and Die NH, they can ride sans helmets.
    That's the dumbest thing a motorcyclist can do.

    :(

    Careful, now! You don't want to turn this into a POLITICAL thread. Oh....wait....
  • verbverb Posts: 5,147
    LMAO on this and the closed thread! Reminds me of when someone was hocking their kidney a few months back1
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,347
    ?? Closed?
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

    Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

    Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,347
    Don’t seem closed to me.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

    Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

    Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • verbverb Posts: 5,147
    Yep you are correct! Looks like they moved it from the FS Classified to the Clubhouse!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,804
    I got interested in seeing what California's actual debt was. Then read this article, which is the first thing that popped up on an engine search. WHOA!!!

    https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

    It seems that though some think they are doing something right with the 6th largest economy in the world, the numbers straight from California itself look almost....well.....disastrous.

    And they are worried about straws?

    Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

    The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,249
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I got interested in seeing what California's actual debt was. Then read this article, which is the first thing that popped up on an engine search. WHOA!!!

    https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

    It seems that though some think they are doing something right with the 6th largest economy in the world, the numbers straight from California itself look almost....well.....disastrous.

    And they are worried about straws?

    Tom

    Maybe they are "grasping at straws" B)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • In California I can split lanes on my motorcycle. So yes, it is paradise.

    Lane-splitting on a motorcycle.. You call that paradise, and I call it the fastest way to meet your maker, so paradise may be involved or not. I wish I had a nickel for every one of these idiots doing 70 mph+ in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway that goes splat against the side or back of a car, then sues the innocent car driver who never had a chance to see them. I have watched three of them go down and one was a fatality.

    No problem letting motorcycles in the carpool lanes, but splitting lanes is the dumbest thing a motorcyclist can do IMHO...

    Do you ride, or just mouthing off? You are witness to these lawsuits you mention? Yeah... no. Yes there are idiots and I only split where it's relatively safe like approaching a stop light. It's a great feeling to split up to the front of a long line of cars. I do it slowly.
    System
    Yamaha A-S3000 Integrated Amplifier
    Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers
    PS Audio Directream Jr| Jolida JD-100A CDP | Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 3,467
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just think, kids in the future will not get to experience the sensation of a brain freeze.

    Don't know about that Jess. What we experienced was a momentary lack of brain function, these generations seems like it lasts a far bit longer. Brain freeze ? Look around, some are on permanent brain freeze.

    I'm a bit disappointed my new oven didn't come with a warning label to not stick my head in it and turn on the gas. My hammer came with no such warning to keep hands clear and the tree I just planted....no such warnings about future falling branches.

    Sound ridiculous ? Of course it does, as does many of the other things stated in this thread. Common sense can not be bought, it has to be taught. We are not born with it.

    ….and to think, we actually pay people a good chunk of coin, give them benefits and pensions, to spend their time to come up with this stuff while real problems of more grave importance go unanswered. This is why many get upset when they see time and money wasted on such things as straws. In my day, to even suggest many of the stupid laws that California has enacted already would have bought you a nice tight fitting white jacket and a rubber room.
    Worlds 6th largest economy my friend, so they must be doing something right.

    3xq4tiqt49om.png
    Apples and oranges my friend

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!