Brand New True Surround System with Intermittent Bluetooth Issues

jackyhearsthings
jackyhearsthings Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in Troubleshooting
I recently purchased a True Surround System. When I set it all up, I tested all the features, including Bluetooth. At the time, Bluetooth worked perfectly.

Now, only a few days later, on a Bluetooth connection, the sound cuts out intermittently—every 5 seconds or so! I've tried with multiple devices (two different phones, and my computer) and the problem persists. I've also tried forgetting & reconnecting the devices to no avail.

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited July 2018
    Sounds defective. I'd return it to the place that you purchased it for a full refund.
    What can I do to fix this?

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Before returning it for a refund, did you try to unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes?
    If this doesn’t work, then yes, refund.
  • mlistens03 wrote: »
    Before returning it for a refund, did you try to unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes?
    If this doesn’t work, then yes, refund.

It's currently sitting unplugged, waiting. Fingers crossed!
  • Plugged back in after 20+ minutes and still having the issue. Guess I'll have to take it back. Not very impressed, Polk.
  • Clipdat
    They don't really have an active presence on the forum unfortunately, but if you contact the customer service number, they might be able to run through a few troubleshooting steps: 1-800-377-7655 option 1.

Worth a shot before you decide to take the time to drive it back to the store.

All that being said, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry that what I'm guessing is your first experience with a Polk product went so poorly. Hope you stick around though, we're a friendly group and extremely passionate about audio.
    Plugged back in after 20+ minutes and still having the issue. Guess I'll have to take it back. Not very impressed, Polk.

• Clipdat wrote: »
    They don't really have an active presence on the forum unfortunately, but if you contact the customer service number, they might be able to run through a few troubleshooting steps: 1-800-377-7655 option 1.

Worth a shot before you decide to take the time to drive it back to the store.

All that being said, welcome to the forum and I'm sorry that what I'm guessing is your first experience with a Polk product went so poorly. Hope you stick around though, we're a friendly group and extremely passionate about audio.

I'll be trying that as well. Thanks to everyone for your help, and thanks for the warm welcome. If support helps or the exchange goes well, I might be around more. :smile:
  • Clipdat
    Cool, sounds good!

To be honest, most of us on here are not very interested in Polk's current "lifestyle products" and soundbars.

We're more passionate about full 5.1+/Atmos, etc home theater setups with outboard amplification. And primarily, most of us love 2 channel/stereo "critical listening" type setups for maximum musical enjoyment.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I don't know where I live...
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I don't know where I live...

In my heart, Russ. In my heart.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I can always count on you... <3
  • Currently having this issue as well. Called Polk CS and had a replacement shipped out. The replacement is having the same issue. Disappointing.