In Wall speakers worthy of music

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Removed old speakers. Cut new opening size in drywall LH side. Installed 2x4 boards above an below new opening. Sealed enclosure. Install was a snap. On to the RH side, which has to be relocated further away from the the corner.
    7gcj074ehrpt.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    verb wrote: »
    7gcj074ehrpt.jpeg
    Should say " moved end table so my feet have room to hang over when i sleep here the next few nights" :'(

Looking good so far!!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • verb
    2nd speaker installed, old speaker hole patched. But, the spackling is not drying as fast as I would like. In other words, I got busted! The Mrs came home and, well you know the drill. In the end, she was happy with the new speakers, just that I need to finish the spackle job and repaint.

w2zooo2fdqyu.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    Manticore wrote: »
    Just explain to her that due to the leak in the wall by making the holes larger it reduces the back pressure on the dingamijig... you get the point :o:o:o

Genius! I see another lump coming! :smile:

Oh yes the old pete the puma cartoon one lump or two ha ha ha.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    2nd speaker installed, old speaker hole patched. But, the spackling is not drying as fast as I would like. In other words, I got busted! The Mrs came home and, well you know the drill. In the end, she was happy with the new speakers, just that I need to finish the spackle job and repaint.
    A well-conceived and fairly well-executed operation. Congrats on not getting executed yourself!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Are those your rear surround speakers?
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Are those your rear surround speakers?

They are the main speakers for the living room. WAF would not allow anything else. Main purpose is for casual listening, friends over at the house, walking around the 1st floor kinda stuff. Plus I got Jesse's sub hooked up in the living room as well.
  • Clipdat
    edited July 2018
    Oh ok, cool. I was just having a hard time picturing the room layout, due to how the couch was positioned. I'm sure they sound great.

Did they come with grilles?
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

• verb
    Oh ok, cool. I was just having a hard time picturing the room layout, due to how the couch was positioned. I'm sure they sound great.

Yep. Low profile white grills. There is another couch on the other side of the room as well. More optimal listening position.
    Viking64 wrote: »

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

• verb
    Viking64 wrote: »

U no it!

vmn38yu0j869.jpg

Yeah baby! I need some diamond encrusted gold blingy speaker grills! :smile:
  • verb
    Spackle operation underway! RH speaker is now in a better location from the corner.
    d7hkhvjxien4.jpg
  • Clipdat
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them as they get some hours on them and break in. Dual woofers, I bet those are gonna rock!
  • verb
    I'll be breaking em in tomorrow while spackling! And other projects (kitchen crown moldings) on the main floor!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited July 2018
    David @verb is pooty whipped.

As a general consensus.... Do I have the go ahead to pick on Dave?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I feel that I haven't given him a proper introduction to myself and the diabolical things that happen should I darken his doorstep.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    How could Mr. Sunshine, himself, darken a doorstep? :*
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    FestYboy wrote: »
    How could Mr. Sunshine, himself, darken a doorstep? :*

By making it brown?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I cant believe you did all that work and left that ratty looking speaker wire rather than get some good 10 gauge OFC cables in there... :p

J/K...

Looks awesome.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    I cant believe you did all that work and left that ratty looking speaker wire rather than get some good 10 gauge OFC cables in there... :p

J/K...

Looks awesome.

I thought about it, but since this setup is for non-critical listening, I decided to keep it. Besides the wires were all stapled in place, I couldn't use it to pull new wire through.
  • verb
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I feel that I haven't given him a proper introduction to myself and the diabolical things that happen should I darken his doorstep.

Aren't you a walking EMP? If anything the place would light up instantly upon your arrival. :smile:
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Looks pretty B) man! Better sound quality is always a good thing ;)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    Thanks brother!
  • verb

J/K...

Looks awesome.

I thought about it, but since this setup is for non-critical listening, I decided to keep it. Besides the wires were all stapled in place, I couldn't use it to pull new wire through.

BTW thanks John!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Looks really good! And I am sure the sound quality has improved exponentially.

I have done many a covert operation like this, but fortunately both my wife and I travel a lot for work, and when she’s gone I have multiple nights to complete the op before she returns...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • TopperDude
    TopperDude Posts: 166
    I'm sure you and the the wife are going to love them !!
  • verb
    Did I mention I hate sparkling? :smile: It’s like a virus, the fallout keeps spreading! Patch is growing larger and larger to feather out to the wall. 2nd coat, now more sanding!

At least the wall speakers are operational, and they sound exquisite!

d2cq2m6cnfmj.jpeg
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Now might not be a good time to point out that in order to match the paint, you might just have to do that entire wall....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    Hehe! Already got some paint to match! The wall paint is less than a year old, so still pretty free from fading. Had to do other work in the room, got the same color/formula and it match well.
  • verb
    Primered!
    6hcdw7k7iz7a.jpeg