Magnifi Max and Apple TV 4k audio

I'm having a weird phenomena that I can't seem to find anywhere, when I play content on my Apple TV 4K, it always takes about 8-10 seconds for the audio to start even though the video starts right away.

My other devices don't seem to have this issue (Computer and PS4). Obviously that may point to the Apple TV, but given that the Magnifi has other issues, I thought I may want to check with this group first. Any ideas?

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Look through your settings on the Apple TV and see if there is a “lip sync” setting. Then see if it’s I still 8-10 seconds off of where it should be, and set I think to where it should be. If it isn’t set incorrectly, see if adjusting it makes a difference and then if it does see if you can adjust it enough to fix the problem.
  • PolkHero
    PolkHero Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply. It's not so much a sync issue (which I hear is an issue on some TVs) as it is just taking 10 seconds to start.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    PolkHero wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It's not so much a sync issue (which I hear is an issue on some TVs) as it is just taking 10 seconds to start.

How is it set up? Apple TV -> SoundBar -> TV? Apple TV -> TV -> Soundbar?
    If it’s is the second option, it could also be your TVs problem.
    Also, does it take ten seconds to start from first turning on? Or after turning on a TV show? If the latter then my guess is the Apple TV is the culprit, if the first then it could be anything.
  • You need to remember the settings which you can solve the audio issue. It is nothing but some settings issue that can be solved by doing some changes in the settings. When I used to connect my Dell laptop to the Apple Tv 4k then this problem also arose as the video of my laptop played well in the Apple tv 4k but the audio did not come. I got the help from Dell tech support
  • PolkHero
    PolkHero Posts: 5
    Gotcha, I could try Apple support. I looked around their forums but didn't find anything, so wanted to ask ya'll.

My set up is Apple TV > Sound Bar > TV. It happens regardless of how long the bar has been on (not just a first-power on thing)
  • henninge
    henninge Posts: 52
    There's always a delay. Doesn't seem to matter the input source. Let me know if you find a setting that helps or if Polk can (haha) find a solution
  • dangish
    dangish Posts: 23
    Having intermittant audio drops. The video would drop occasionally and the AppleTV said the cable was having an issue. It’s the actual connection ARC commection on the back of the MagniFi Max. Not the cord, cord works fine with other device in the same spot on the TV.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Cadytaylor reported
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    With the insignificant level of traffic on this forum I am really surprised that spammers waste their time on us lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer