All this work for a speaker!!

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,132
qgmvd9szcje8.jpeg

I really can’t wait to have one of my systems up and running..

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 7,980
    Looks GREAT!

Is that white or silver?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 6,605
    Gorgeous. I want!
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,132
    Tony M wrote: »
    Looks GREAT!

Is that white or silver?

It’s a white with silver veins..
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,043
    Nice
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 966
    Very nice!
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,879
    nice, me likes
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk CSi-A6
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    4 Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,530
    Cool!
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,886
    Looks great, Larry.
    I had a similar layout envisioned for my gear.

Spikes or sliders? That is the question.
    I disabled signatures.
  • WLDockWLDock Posts: 2,481
    That center actually delivers the goods...so its worth it!
    FAMILY ROOM
    HDTV - Sharp AQUOS LC-70LE600U 70" | AVR/Streamer - Onkyo TX-NR3008 | Amp - Parasound HCA-1203A
    Blu-Ray/Media/Gaming - Sony PS3-320GB / Microsoft Xbox One | Broadcast - Xfinity X1 Platform
    Front Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Center Spkrs - Coming...DIY Statement II | Rear Spkrs - Artison Portrait LRS
    Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Dayton Audio SA1000
    Wire - Audioquest Type 4, BJC Belden 5000 | HDMI - BJC Belden | Power Cables - Pangea | Surge - Monster
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,132
    67918nf71mzl.jpeg

Thanks guys, I am putting sliders under it..
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,886
    Looks great!
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,428
    Goes well with Viking Purple... Skol!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • mpitogompitogo Posts: 305
    Nice! And I totally agree the center channel must have the cajones to deliver the goods in HT.
    Living Room Music-2.0 Polk LSiM 707 | McIntosh C47 | Macintosh MC452 | Denon DP-2500A | Oppo BDP-103 | MacMini
    Living Room Music parallel system-2.0 Klipsch RP600-M | PASS ACA Class A Balanced Monoblocks fed by C47 XLR Out 2
    Family Room Home Theater-7.2.2 (Atmos) Polk LSi25, Martin Logan Motion 50xt, Dual DSW microPRO 3000, fx500, T15, RC65i | Marantz SR7009 | McIntosh MA5200 HT-passthrough & independent 2.0 | Sony UBP-X800 4K | Xbox One S 4K | AppleTV | HTPC | Sony 75” XBR X850D 4K
    Office Home Theater-5.1 Polk RT55, CS400, PSW450, T15 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Xbox 360 MCE | AppleTV | Samsung 55”
    Office Music-2.0 KEF Q100 | Sansui AU-6900 | Sansui FR-1080
    Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Rotel RA-1570
    Patio Music-2.0 Polk Atrium8 | AMC 2445 bridged
    Airplay zones: Family Room (HDMI), Master Bedroom (Optical), Office (HDMI), Living Room (Optical), MA5200 (Optical), SR7009 (AVR direct) and Patio (analog). MacMini iTunes multi-stream to any, combo or all.
    Spares: Polk LSiC, CS300, T15, Martin Logan Motion 40, Dynamo 500, Rotel RB-1590, Denon AVR-4802R, Onkyo DX-C540, Sony CDP-491, STR DE715, DVP-S500D, PS HX-500
    Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 7,980
    I agree!
    My center. Maybe for life!
    f7korbu894kv.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 6,337
    Beautiful. I really admire you metal workers. Always wanted to do that type of craft. Woodworking is my thing. We engineers can only design the metal!

Very nice sir!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 su, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • TEAforONETEAforONE Posts: 55
    Who manufactures that stand? Very nice!
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Who manufactures that stand? Very nice!

Toolfan inc.
    KEF Q150s, NAD C352, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Salamander Archetype rack
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Thanks!
    First Watt,Monarchy Audio,Aric Audio,Promitheus Audio,Pro-Ject,Hornshoppe,Nola,HSU,Onkyo.
    Nice work!
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,292
    That looks great, Larry.
    I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I googled "toolfan inc.", to check on pricing!
    I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I googled "toolfan inc.", to check on pricing!

Ha sorry I wasn’t very clear that I was joking. Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ve all done the same at some point or another. I remember several times I did that... won’t go intimidated detail as to not cause myself shame :tongue:
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,630

:smile:

Larry is his own factory and does single runs of stuff as needed for a very picky and special individual :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Toolfan, you probably could actually make and sell those on the interwebz... it could be “ToolFan’s Audio Racks Inc.” that has a nice ring to it! :smiley:
    Toolfan definitely does nice work. I thought it was one of them fancy store bought jobs!
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,630
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Toolfan, you probably could actually make and sell those on the interwebz... it could be “ToolFan’s Audio Racks Inc.” that has a nice ring to it! :smiley:

Market demand for that kind of stuff is quite small (re niche) compared to the other stuff I'm sure his company makes.

Plus keep in mind it would need to be shipped and I'm quite sure its NOT light so it would be pricey enough that most regular consumers (audio forums are not what I'd consider regular) wouldn't be interested.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    mlistens03 wrote: »

Market demand for that kind of stuff is quite small (re niche) compared to the other stuff I'm sure his company makes.

Plus keep in mind it would need to be shipped and I'm quite sure its NOT light so it would be pricey enough that most regular consumers (audio forums are not what I'd consider regular) wouldn't be interested.

Good point.
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 1,433
    Nice work Larry! Doubt you will have any load bearing issues.... B)

When does the "Larry's Stands" waiting list start..... ;)

JK....again, very cool design.