Polk Monitor 11's ~ Rare ~

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    2 actually... The RTA, like above, and a series 2 pair (they actually look like overgrown 10s).

But alas, I have a problem. The hunger calls!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    FestYboy wrote: »
    2 actually... The RTA, like above, and a series 2 pair (they actually look like overgrown 10s).

But alas, I have a problem. The hunger calls!

Dang Festivus, buy em already! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    edited May 2018
    ^ enabler!!!!

Jesse already started twisting my arm when I picked up the RTs (lightly of course) ;)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited May 2018
    Go for it, you won't find another minty pair like it

Sell your 10's

I want them but it'll cost me
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Same here, just not money (at least not more than the asking price).

Sell my 10s!?! Are you mad, sir?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119

Nope the 11's are the better speakers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy

Not denying that one bit, but I have problems letting go, so to speak. That's how I've been able to amass such a collection.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2018
    You, you and me thrice. :p:D

I'll say it again..The Polk Monitor 10's got me started so the last speakers to leave here I hope, are those Monitor 10's with the Peerless tweeters. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    DSkip wrote: »
    Hoarding speakers is fun but imagine what you could do with the money to bring the most out of your best pairs if you downsized. I used to hoard but then I got a taste of what nicer gear can do and letting go was simple after that.

A rational thought, just when I was about to pounce ...

I need to sell some stuff :(
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Tony M
    If I was closer, They'd be next to my model 9's in my historic section of my Polk Audio collection in a heart beat! Right next to my RSL's. They'd look great next to each other also.
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,225
    I had a set of 11's. Stupidly I decided to sell them. Best I recall I listed them at $350.00 and did not come of the price 1 cent. Dude drove a few hours to come and get them and no, they did not have peerless tweeters and no they were not anywhere near as nice as theses Jesse is selling. 1356x3xttwma.jpg
  • verb

Not denying that one bit, but I have problems letting go, so to speak. That's how I've been able to amass such a collection.

Oh Festivus, if you lower the noise floor a bit, those speakers are calling out to you! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    Attaboy! Champion grab!
  • Tony M
    Buy of the week so far!

He's lucky we let him have a chance to get em.
  • verb
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I've opened this thread I don't know how many times wondering who might buy these, and this time I wondered why I should not buy them. And, I couldn't think of a reason. So I will. Message sent.

Thank you sir! Saved me as I was also contemplating them very seriously! :smile:
  • FestYboy
    edited May 2018
    I've opened this thread I don't know how many times wondering who might buy these, and this time I wondered why I should not buy them. And, I couldn't think of a reason. So I will. Message sent.

Trading one pair for another, Ed? ;)
  • verb

Very astute of you @festyboy! IIRC there was indeed a pair that he parted with recently! :smile:
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    If there was ever trading one pair for another this was the pair to do it for.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    verb wrote: »

Very astute of you @festyboy! IIRC there was indeed a pair that he parted with recently! :smile:

Maybe not as astute as you think, because he has them! :p

Yes, Arty, maybe a little seller's remorse... They are fine sounding vintage speakers!
  • FestYboy
    Nothing wrong with that Ed.

Had it taken much longer, I would have been coming home with them myself...
  • verb
    verb wrote: »

Maybe not as astute as you think, because he has them! :p

Yes, Arty, maybe a little seller's remorse... They are fine sounding vintage speakers!

You burst my bubble! :smile: Festivus is still sharp as a tack, IMO! :smile:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    In the interest of keeping things straight and fair, Al (scubalab) PM'd me earlier today about these, we also talked on the phone. He wanted to sleep on it, so I have to give him right of first refusal. If he passes, they are Ed's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    Extremely cool gesture!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    SOLD Thank you!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Al is first class
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Al is first class

Thanks Ivan. I'll pay you for that later... ;)

Seriously though, I hate when stuff like this happens. If for any reason at all these don't work for me Ed will have right of first refusal.

Looking forward to these gems!