Poor customer service

Just spoke with customer service. Many people seem to be having problems with their amps going bad, with the same symptoms, in their powered subwoofers. Mine started making noise a few months ago. Finally got around to looking into it this past weekend, and found it's a common issue. Before searching, I had already isolated the problem to the amp. I'm told the amp only carries a 3 year warranty, and the problem started just a couple months over 3 years, and due to waiting to searching about the problem it's now about 3.5 years old. If it was 10 years old I wouldn't be so upset, but when it dies within a couple months outside of warranty, and isn't even 5 years old, that's ridiculous. I originally bought two of these, but one was defective from the start. That was a bad sign. Should've sent them both back instead of just the initial defective one. Customer service told me I could buy another unit on amazon or buy a replacement amp for $300. Won't be buying anymore Polk products, period! I have dealt with speakers and amps for 25 years. I have Mackie powered studio monitors that I got in 1998 that still work the same as they did when I got them. I've also got Klipsch powered subwoofers that still work fine, and are older than the Polk. This isn't the first Polk sub I've had that went bad, but at least that sub was over a decade old. Also had a Polk receiver that went bad, but at least it was over a decade old, too. Too many Polk products die too soon! Poor quality, poor customer service! At least when Onkyo had a chronic problem with a particular model receiver they stood behind their product even when it was out of warranty.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Hello,
    Let me bring this to the attention of a friend of mine at Polk.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited May 2018
    Hello,
    Let me bring this to the attention of a friend of mine at Polk.

+1. To the OP, while there seems to be some chronic issues lately, give them a chance to work with you on this.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SonikGold
    SonikGold Posts: 5
    I appreciate it Ken. Although, I don't have much hope. When I spoke with CS the other day I asked if there was someone else I could speak with. The man was reluctant, and said they're going to tell me the same thing. I asked to still speak with someone, and was transferred. I reached a VM and left a message. Never received a call back. Haven't heard anything from anyone. I saw a youtube video where a guy says he bought a used Polk subwoofer from craigslist, and didn't check it to make sure it works. Called CS and told them it was a gift from a relative. CS didn't ask for proof of anything, and just sent him a knew amp. I can show proof of purchase of being an actual Polk customer, and am left hanging.

Here's the video:
    https://youtu.be/wfMcTRPYq0E
  • [Deleted User]
    I believe Kim Jasper, from Polk, sent you an email, correct?
  • SonikGold
    I did not see it, but searched my email by her name and found that she did email me a couple days ago. I just replied with the information she requested, and will be looking forward to a replacement amp. Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    You're welcome...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Sad, isn’t it!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mpitogo
    mpitogo Posts: 475
    Sorry to hear of your pain. I wouldn’t be quick to give up on Polk. I’ve never had a Polk product fail but I had a minor cosmetic issue with one of my two DSWmicro PRO 3000. From the factory, there was a gasket sticking out of the front driver. I called it in I believe the CS rep was Kim and he promptly replaced it, sent a new box and all.
    • Living Room Music-2.0 Polk Legend L800 | McIntosh C70 | McIntosh MA5200 (Treble) | McIntosh MC452 (Bass) | Sublimeacoustic K231 Active xover | Denon DP-2500A | Denafrips Ares II | Belkin Soundform Connect | iPad Air USB to DAC
    • Media Room Ht-7.2.6/13.1 (Atmos/Auro-3D) Polk LSiM707, LSiM706c, LSiM702 F/X [x4], height LSiM703 [x6], HSU VTF-15H MK2 Dual | Marantz AV8805A | Rotel RB-1590 (L/R) | Appollon NC500 11ch | Sony UBP-X800 | AppleTV 4K | JVC RS2100
    • Game Room-5.1 Polk LSi25, LSiC, LSiF/X | Marantz SR7009 | AppleTV 4K | Xbox One S | Sony PS2, PS3 | Nintendo Wii | Gaming PC | Sony 75" LCD
    • Master Bedroom Music-2.0 Totem Hawk | Marantz PM-10 | Marantz SA-10 | SONY PS-HX500
    • Office-2.0 Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX, DSW microPRO3000 | Rotel RA-1570 | Marantz HD-CD1
    • Daughter's Bedroom 1-2.0 TBD Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 2-2.0 Klipsch RP-600M | Martin Logan Forte
    • Guest Room 3-3.0 Martin Logan Motion 40, 50XT | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Apple TV | Samsung 55" TV
    • Guest Room 4-2.0 QAcoustics 3030i | Sansui AU-6900 | Topping DX7s | Sansui FR-1080 | TV
    • Maintenance: Pro-Ject VC-S Record Cleaning Machine
  • SonikGold
    Ken, will you follow up with Kim for me? I have not seen any reply to confirm the information requested was received, and have searched my email again. Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Unfortunately Kim is out of the office...I'll ask another person to contact you.
  • SonikGold
    Haven't heard back from Kim still, or anyone else, nor received the replacement amp.
  • [Deleted User]
    Let me try again.