sacrilage

Options

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    “...newer aluminum coated driver that has a 40oz magnet which is more efficient than the original...”

Who knew - magnet size determines efficiency!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mn_polk_guy
    mn_polk_guy Posts: 102
    Options
    Why. Just why?
    Monitor 4.6, 5jr, 5, 7, 10, 11. RTA 8TL. RTA 11T. SDA 2B.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    Wow! Buyer beware!!! All of sellers comments are far from the truth. The high gloss spray over them looks very bad too.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    That guy is a tard...
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I was wondering when someone else saw those. Made me laugh when I saw them.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    Well with a 98.4% Positive feedback...enough said! Lol
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    sac-ri-lege: the intentional desecration or disrespectful treatment of persons, places, things, or ideas held sacred.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    "The have the sound quality on par with Snell Acoustics"

HAHAHA!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    “...newer aluminum coated driver that has a 40oz magnet which is more efficient than the original...”

Who knew - magnet size determines efficiency!

Well, to some extent it does (sensitivity, at any rate), but the strength of the magnetic field alters other driver parameters, too.

At any rate, I am sure that they sound amazing. I have been amazed by many things -- not all of them good.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I dunno -- it's slightly less jarring to see a rewoofering compared to the gomers who put horn tweeters into Polk Monitor Series loudspeakers.

s2th9giszoj8.png

Slightly.

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    w28pj6hu9c5q.png

I mean -- ya gotta admit -- those new woofers go with those tweeters!

:*
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    did you miss this tidbit?

The 10" passive radiators have been replaced with 10" Infinity subwoofer drivers which adds an awesome amount of tremendously tight the bass!
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2018
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

The 10" passive radiators have been replaced with 10" Infinity subwoofer drivers which adds an awesome amount of tremendously tight the bass!

Whoa! I did miss that!
    OK, I'm biddin', I'm biddin' -- don't you guys try to snipe me!

:|
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    zhcbkb8zapz1.jpg
    ym5omkf0f49h.jpg

oh the humanity.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    w28pj6hu9c5q.png

I mean -- ya gotta admit -- those new woofers go with those tweeters!

:*

you can tell he is a audi file because he took out the peerless tweeters to replace with the "better" SL2000 tweeters......

oh god I'm going to be sick......RALPH.....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,433
    Options
    AMAZING SOUND! UPGRADED POLK AUDIO MODEL 7 SPEAKERS!!
    After upgrading all of the drivers I took a listen to these speakers and was amazed at the quality of the sound. The sound is very refined and detailed. The highs are sweet and clean while the mids and bass is natural sounding,tight,transparent and very strong. The original polk audio silk dome tweeters were replaced with Polk Audio Silver coil tweeters which are more efficent and have a more refined sound. The mid bass driver has been upgraded to newer aluminum coated driver that has a 40oz magnet which is more efficient than the original and almost three times the size of the original Polk driver. As a result the mids have a wider frequency range and much smoother than the original mids. The 10" passive radiators have been replaced with 10" Infinity subwoofer drivers which adds an awesome amount of tremendously tight the bass! The upgrades have changed the sound dynamics greatly. The have the sound quality on par with Snell Acoustics and Infinity Kappa speakers. They are simply a pair of the sweetest sounding speakers you will find under a $1000. These speakers are very well made at around 45 lbs each and were built to last.. The foam surrounds on the woofers are new so the new owner will have many years of trouble free use. Please be mindful that since I do not have the original boxes I will have to use $30 dollars just for the packing materials and boxes, I do not skimp on packing materials because I want my items to arrive undamaged to their new owners, The stands are not included in this auction,Thank you very much for looking! God bless!
    Pfff, forget it then.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

With this ad, I have to wonder, are these new 10" woofers active or just there to replace the passives.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 2018
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Pfff, forget it then.

Yeah -- I mean, he should throw in some amazing, upgraded stands, too, right?
    With this ad, I have to wonder, are these new 10" woofers active or just there to replace the passives.

The mind boggles vis-a-vis the possibilities.
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    One of a kind Monitor 7 cabinets...... ;)

:D
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    One of a kind Monitor 7 cabinets...... ;)

:D

Collectors' items, as John Dorsey used to say -- "and the collector comes every Tuesday morning!"

;)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    One of a kind

That's their only redeeming factor. The satisfaction of knowing there aren't any more of those out there. :p
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    It looks like he just slathered red stain all over everything, then hit it with gloss. Even the tweeter diaphragms are reddish.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/