• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    What kind of music do you listen to?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Get you a pair of Rhythmic F12SE's :)

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/F12SE.html
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yes.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    edited March 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »

You name it, I listen to everything that's not new like techno, screamo etc.
  • afterburnt
    @EndersShadow these things go pretty low, how would it be beneficial to add a sub?
  • Clipdat
    Sent you a test mix :)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt wrote: »

You name it, I listen to everything that's not new like techno, screamo etc.

That was as clear as mud. I do not listen to new stuff like techno and screamo. I would like to be in a screamo band though.
  • afterburnt
    Sent you a test mix :)

@Clipdat thanks, I will have to figure out how to play that as I am disconnected from my PC and other portable devices except my Gorgo pad, but that's only a controller. I wouldn't know how or have any desire to steam music from it. After all it is evil.
  • Clipdat
    It might be techno though. lol
    @Clipdat thanks, I will have to figure out how to play that as I am disconnected from my PC and other portable devices except my Gorgo pad, but that's only a controller. I wouldn't know how or have any desire to steam music from it. After all it is evil.

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Yes you need a sub. I love my JL in my 2 channel system. Once you have a sub, you will never go back!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• afterburnt
    edited March 2018
    Specifications:
    Dancer Mini-Two diamond
    2-way system : Diamond DMD dome tweeter 1.25″ ,
    mid-low woofer 7″x2 (8948A),
    sensitivity: 90 dB @ 1 watt / 1m
    nominal impedance: 4 ohms
    frequency response (-3 dB): 28 Hz ~ 40 kHz
    power handling: 100 watts
    crossover frequencies: 2.7 kHz

I am running them with Dayens mono blocks, if you think I would benefit from running a sub it would have to be an itty bitty one.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    An SVS SB2000 would do the trick nicely.
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • afterburnt
    edited March 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    How many hours on them so far?

The Ushers? Damn near 24/7 365

My company pays my light bill in CA

Everything is rub in unless it needs 500 hours
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Thinking about a PB16 Ultra :#
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I think if you haven't yet, room treatments should come before a subwoofer . . .

Just this week I ordered room treatments and a Rythmik F15HP. I'll let you know how things turn out with my MD2s. I know I definitely need the treatments.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • Derf
    Rythmik F15HP added with MD2s last week. I'm using high level inputs as recommended by some here, so I called Wireworld and had them make one cable for me to match the speaker cables I have. Works perfectly.

@afterburnt I'm glad I put this in my system. YMMV but for me adding a sub with the MD2s now gives me the overall sound I was looking for.

47qdsawlymoz.jpg
  • afterburnt
    @Derf Wow I would love to hear your system, good stuff there. Why did you choose that particular sub?
  • Derf
    @Derf Wow I would love to hear your system, good stuff there. Why did you choose that particular sub?
    I was thinking of a REL, mainly because of the high level input, but Ron @txcoastal1 said to check out Rythmik. Since Ron sold me the Ushers I figured he knows the sound signature of the speaks, so after researching, and seeing others on the forum also recommend Rythmik, I decided to go with it. Figured I'd defer to the experience of the masses, since mine is limited. I'm loving it. It gives the low end I feel was lacking. I listen at a relatively low level all evening long, and I wasn't getting much bass at low levels. Now, it's there where I wanted it. And when I do turn it up, WOW, it rocks the place. And as I have seen others say, it is as if the bass is coming from the speakers, not the direction of the sub. Highly recommend it.
  • afterburnt
    @Derf, thanks man! I will have to fire up the printing press and ink up the rollers.
  • afterburnt
    I ain't got no money that I can depend on. Anyone think an SVS SB1000 will do the job when I cash in my bottles and cans?
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Are you asking people to think on this site?

Shame on you.
  • afterburnt
    How bout two, or should I be looking for a big bad better ONE?
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I would take 2 lesser rythmics over the one svs sb16.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• afterburnt
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    I would take 2 lesser rythmics over the one svs sb16.

@mikeyb128 Model?
  • Derf

• afterburnt
    Derf wrote: »

HEY! Where did he write that? I don't think I can get half a pair!
  • afterburnt
    I am going to try to try an SVS SB1000. Can I just use some "decent" cables since they wont be carrying a lot of current?
  • Derf
    I am going to try to try an SVS SB1000. Can I just use some "decent" cables since they wont be carrying a lot of current?

Check out the Outlet section on the SVS website. Might save a few bucks.
  • afterburnt
    Derf wrote: »

Check out the Outlet section on the SVS website. Might save a few bucks.

@Derf, I am not ready to buy it just yet but I see some cables on sale that I can get now. I am figuring that the cables can be a lower grade since they don't carry much current. I could be wrong???
  • Derf
    I am figuring that the cables can be a lower grade since they don't carry much current. I could be wrong???
    If I've learned one thing around here it's that everything in the chain matters. I would think using a cable that is of the same quality, or has the same sound signature, as your speaker cables would be a good place to start.