Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    edited February 2017
    I kinda mentioned it to the wife yesterday in passing...

She was like "why did Art (dealer salesman) say it would be difficult for you to buy the ceramic Daytona?"

I said l, "because it goes to clients who spent more first..."

She says, "Good. I'm glad you can't get one then."
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V wrote: »
    4b11a0xgnjzl.png

During my honeymoon... Still my favorite watch of my collection.

Stainless Daytona... Now how to finagle the new Daytona ceramic without the wife knowing...

Any ideas guys? @mrbiron ?

So... of all things to take a pic of, mind you, during your honeymoon. You managed to take time out and posed ( who know how many times ), to take a pic of a watch? During your honeymoon? Lolol. Legit funny.

Since it was during your honeymoon, I am not sure if you were timing yourself Tarzan... You know, fist pounding to chest, but the seconds hand...ticks a little fast.

AI

• Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    autumnice wrote: »
    Joey_V wrote: »
    4b11a0xgnjzl.png

Stainless Daytona... Now how to finagle the new Daytona ceramic without the wife knowing...

So... of all things to take a pic of, mind you, during your honeymoon. You managed to take time out and posed ( who know how many times ), to take a pic of a watch? During your honeymoon? Lolol. Legit funny.

Since it was during your honeymoon, I am not sure if you were timing yourself Tarzan... You know, fist pounding to chest, but the seconds hand...ticks a little fast.

AI

Yep. It takes like a second to take a pic. What did you expect? I post pics of my honeymoon on a watch thread? I took like a hundred pics of things other than my watch. Next time, before I take a pic of something, I'll make sure to run it by you.

Though on a more serious note, I recall exactly what was going on with this pic. The time was 7:59pm, we had reservations at the restaurant at 8pm, I was waiting for my wife to get ready.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    4b11a0xgnjzl.png

AI

That is a left field statement......Dr. V is a puttz... but he's our puttz and I will pick on him and his sexyass spearkers and goofy little daughter as I see fit. Pee off, turdlicker.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    lightman1 wrote: »
    4b11a0xgnjzl.png

AI

That is a left field statement......Dr. V is a puttz... but he's our puttz and I will pick on him and his hairless sexyass spearkers and goofy little daughter as I see fit. Pee off, turdlicker.

Fixed it for you...
  • Joey_V
    I can't help my nair'd arms you jerks

Bahahaha
  • Joey_V
    Love it John
  • Joey_V
    Here’s what I’m rocking today

k08xxfv69l9z.jpeg
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775

k08xxfv69l9z.jpeg

Goes right to left....damn good thing it does...
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    My fav for quite some time now. Just works with everything.46njl4p080ou.jpg
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Joey_V
    Brothers from another mother
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630

Anybody that uses the word "rocking" in place of "wearing" seriously needs to consider their right to exist.
  • Viking64
    "Keep on wearing in the free world" doesn't have the same kind of chutzpah to it.

Ewe gut mai werdz awl twisstid round. :p

Also, I knew Dave Mustaine back when he was still in Metallica and he was not a good person, therefore I find your username objectionable. :D
  • Joey_V
    Viking64 wrote: »

Anybody that uses the word "rocking" in place of "wearing" seriously needs to consider their right to exist.

Duly noted.

I’ll keep rocking on
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Viking64 our very own word natzi...
  • Viking64
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

You know, I see at least 50 stupid things a day on this forum alone, and 99.34% of the time I say nothing.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

You know, I see at least 50 stupid things a day on this forum alone, and 99.34% of the time I say nothing.

OCD MUCH ???
    If I felt I had to voice concerns at all the stupid stuff I see daily it would be enough to drive a person insane.

Slippery slope lined with powdered graphite
    B):)
  • Viking64
    Exactly. It's bad enough having to read it. If I had to correct it, I probably WOULD go insane. :p
  • Joey_V
    Exactly. It's bad enough having to read it. If I had to correct it, I probably WOULD go insane. :p
    I see you have placed the adverb before the verb, are you emphasizing the verb? Because with modal verbs, most prefer to place the adverb after the verb.

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,172
    edited February 2018
    4b53i3wp317d.jpeg
    I dabble in watches, nothing too crazy. Here’s my daily. Oris Aquis 2017
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    stangman67 wrote: »
    4b53i3wp317d.jpeg

I looked into Oris too. Nice
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Shinola. Detroit proud. Stock photo but purchased in the factory showroom in Detroit.
    mewwgi6xxymy.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    verb wrote: »
    Shinola. Detroit proud. Stock photo but purchased in the factory showroom in Detroit.
    mewwgi6xxymy.png

They also make a fairly nice turntable...
    xhdatzvfao8e.jpg

o9t001oc4iip.jpg

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yep. The brand is really growing. Here is one of the bicycle offerings:
    fnr1lri31u7n.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    stangman67 wrote: »
    4b53i3wp317d.jpeg

Nice piece! They have a few models that have caught my eye. Might have to snag one someday.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • stangman67
    They make really nice watches at a reasonable price point. This is my second Oris I had the original Aquis small seconds before this 2017 version. Hard to tell in the pic but this is a sunburst blue dial, really pops in the sun. Don't foresee myself ever parting with this watch

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • This is what I wear while the Eagles are playing...in the Superbowl...and some other times too. 8wfcw1ts43pd.jpg
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Joey_V
    Tag Carrera, a good one. That's the newer version I believe.
  • Joey_V
    edited March 2018
    JM

That’s classic.

I especially like the tapered AND chamfered lugs.
  • stangman67
    edited March 2018
    Who’d you buy it from, creation? Or jomashop?