Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Now I don't want to post today's choice. You have me all self-conscious now!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,492
    No Apple Watch shots yet?

Hmm guess not. My coworker has one. It's pretty neat but not for me at this time.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Mine for today... Tag Silverstone

h1j0dl0wtb6r.jpg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Love this thing...looks like a dragon attacked it or something!
    jomh7vt7t65u.jpg
    I was looking for this one on the EvineLive Invicta show last night. This one is in gunmetal? Yeppers Joey, that Tag is sharp looking!

• Joey_V
    edited June 2015
    Thanks P2009! I like how the sun just shines off the crown... so impressive in real life. I'm lucky to have this piece. My 3 other Rolexes are gathering dust since January of this year. The 4th Rolex (submariner) is my work watch so there is no way that'll gather dust. Hahaha
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    I keep it simple, I have two of these:

IMG_1092_zps3b9575de.jpg

One is my casual watch that I swap out different NATO bands on, depends on my mood!

The other one is my work watch with a classic leather band.
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2015
    Upstate

Love that pilot watch... Wenger, I like that brand too

That NATO band is so classic bruh
  • ZLTFUL
    Invicta DNA Urban in black and green...
    8td1x3j1lzm1.jpg

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Polkie2009
    I can respect everyone's opinion , some people aren't into collecting watches or appreciate them and that's cool. Maybe they are into other hobbies and find joy with that. I'm more than happy to hear what others enjoy collecting out there. :)
  • Polkie2009
    Upstatemax wrote: »

IMG_1092_zps3b9575de.jpg

One is my casual watch that I swap out different NATO bands on, depends on my mood!

Very classy watch upstate! Reminds me of the 1960's. Love the look of the guilloche like styling done on the dial.

• Polkie2009

IMG_1092_zps3b9575de.jpg

Very classy watch upstate! Reminds me of the 1960's. Love the look of the guilloche like styling done on the dial.

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    i cant believe a thread about watches has reached 9 pages....I figured the thread title was code for naked women....but now I know, it is watches
  • Upstatemax
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    i cant believe a thread about watches has reached 9 pages....I figured the thread title was code for naked women....but now I know, it is watches

Better?

j3.jpg

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,942
    I was joking around earlier....but that is funny. The main reason I gave up onnwearing a watch was changing the dead batteries. If I could find something that measured barametric pressure and didnt run on batteries, i would buy it.....
  • Upstatemax
    I was joking around earlier....but that is funny. The main reason I gave up onnwearing a watch was changing the dead batteries. If I could find something that measured barametric pressure and didnt run on batteries, i would buy it.....

Pressure readings, can't help you there. lol

But I have not changed a battery in YEARS...

Buy an automatic watch. Automatic watches will wind themselves as you move your arm. Boom! No more batteries!
  • Joey_V

Pressure readings, can't help you there. lol

But I have not changed a battery in YEARS...

Buy an automatic watch. Automatic watches will wind themselves as you move your arm. Boom! No more batteries!

Yep, automatics are great! No more batteries, no more taking to some shady guy in the mall to scratch up the backplate trying to pop it out. I remember I had a kenneth cole watch that my wife gave me when we started dating.. I could not get the battery replaced, the watch people scratched up the back trying to get it out and gave up and gave it back to me.

Poor watch, I really liked that piece too.
  • Polkie2009

Better?

j3.jpg
    Her arms must be covering up the Swiss Made designation on the dial.

• ZLTFUL
    Another Timex Expedition today...
    6gqohr5powsg.jpg

• Polkie2009
    edited June 2015
    Looks very nice Zltful, like a military style dial layout. Sorry to hear about the Kenneth Cole getting scratched up on the back due to some incompetent bozo. :'(
  • Joey_V
    Z - when you gonna run out of watches to cycle through?

Lol... Nice expedition man... Leather band looks vintage!
  • Joey_V
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Looks very nice Zltful, like a military style dial layout. Sorry to hear about the Kenneth Cole getting scratched up on the back due to some incompetent bozo. :'(

Thanks man! I think I still have it here somewhere
  • ZLTFUL
    Not any time soon. Hehe but tomorrow I work with power tools so the watches stay put away.

• Joey_V
    Welp.. I went to work today and forgot to wear my watch.... I feel so... naked.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Welp.. I went to work today and forgot to wear my watch.... I feel so... naked.
    I know this feeling. Which is why I rarely take my watch off. Watches and a belt without them I feel naked and feel like my wrist is much lighter.
  • ZLTFUL
    Blue and gold Nautica today...
    un3rvjrtjcvg.jpg

• ZLTFUL
    Invicta Speedway series. Couldn't remember if I posted this one before and I am too lazy to search back through the thread...
    wjvqg86ebzft.jpg

• ZLTFUL
    Invicta I-Force. Being left handed, I am not sure I like the crown location. Surprisingly heavy for its size.
    s3ihbsaz0pvu.jpg

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I have a collection of low end watches, but the one I wear every day and actually put "wear" on with scratches from almost 20 years of use is my Omega Seamaster Professional. Dad bought it when 007 GoldenEye came out since it was Bond's watch. He gave it to me shortly thereafter and I have worn it every day since. I think I was like 12..... Love the watch and I think in my life I may buy ONE more like it to pass down to my kid(s). It's never failed me.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Polkie2009
    edited June 2015
    Zltful, where are the function pushers for the subdials? I think I see one sticking out under the bezel by the 35 minute mark on the dial? Does this have the leather strap? I do like the color arrangement of silver,black and red highlighting.
  • ZLTFUL
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Zltful, where are the function pushers for the subdials? I think I see one sticking out under the bezel by the 35 minute mark on the dial. Does this have the leather strap?

No function pushers. The sub-dials are redundant of the main dial. Smaller one is second counter while the larger sub is a 24 hour dial.
    It does have a leather band and it wears really comfortably so far.

No sweat @DSkip it isn't my first choice either but it is growing on me and matches well with my black and red Ducati shirts. ;)