New Speakers too: Italians have arrived

13»

Comments

• halenhalen Posts: 359
    Very nice, glad to hear you’re getting settled into the new place and back in to audio. I know how it is going without a system for a while, I’m still recovering from a $55k surgery so it will be some time before I’m ready to jump back in but I’m looking forward to that day.

Danny,

Cool season is around the corner here in Dallas Town. You know how it goes. So after the 10th anniversary iPhone hits..

You gotta come hear these Siena's my professor X with a full head of hair!

And lets talk mirrorless camera's. Sony A9 waiting broham. Ha

• AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    I had an experimental procedure that restored a little vision in the functional eye I have left. It wasn’t a huge success but it got me to 20/100 in that eye which was an improvement, I can at least get out and go hiking on my own now. That’s why I haven’t been around here as much. Experimental also means not covered under insurance and was expensive but the money was worth even a chance of getting some of that sight back. I’ll get back on my feet eventually and start throwing together a 2 channel system, right now my Headphones get the job done.
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    I can’t wait to hear those, will look you up when I’m there for sure. Unfortunately cameras are another hobby that I’ve had to neglect given everything going on...I do still have my Fuji though
    Danny,

Pardon my speed reading. It sucks.

Wish you the very best bro. Take care of yourself. That is a heavy experience to go through, let's talk.

Take care.

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,783
    edited August 2017
    Danny: I know my perspective is obviously different that yours and I know the results may not have justified the cost, but I'm glad to hear there was at least some success with the procedure. Best of luck and take care.

Halen: I've got to get over and hear those bad boys. A little bit of a hike for me, but I'm sure it will be worth it, especially if we can enjoy a cold one (or 5) and maybe some not wings while listening.

I need to make a Saturday of it: Marvins to hear his new speakers (and he can feed some BBQ) and then on to Halen's for some more listening, a few more beers, and some wings.

I might even stop and grab Skip so I'll have some good audio conversation between north of Ft. Worth and east of Dallas.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.
  • andrew82andrew82 Posts: 152
    halen wrote: »
    On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.

I've taken to putting baseball caps/cowboy hats on mine to stop this from happening whenever I have people over. Nothing gets me triggered like sweating drinks placed ontop of the speakers.

Would I come into your home and put my coaster-less drink on your antique dining room table? I think not..
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,131
    andrew82 wrote: »
    Would I come into your home and put my coaster-less drink on your antique dining room table? I think not..

You should and see what they say ;)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 657
    edited August 2017
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

Yall are always welcome to stop by my place when in Ft Worth.

Most visitors to my house know the rules. Touch the stereo and I will show you the front door. Leave a drink on my speakers and you just bought them.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Bed Room
    Yamaha YSP-5100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 70"

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,967
    tratliff wrote: »
    Paul,

Most visitors to my house know the rules. Touch the stereo and I will show you the front door. Leave a drink on my speakers and you just bought them.

Hope you don't have any nanny cams in your room, because I'll going to polish your gear with my junk :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,216
    Paul,

just hand me the bottle :D
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, MG Audio Design Planus Cu2,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Paul,

Hope you don't have any nanny cams in your room, because I'll going to polish your gear with my junk :p

Ron that is a very scary thought but I am sure you would enjoy it.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Vizio M-75

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

Living Room

Bed Room

edited August 2017
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Paul,

just hand me the bottle :D

Don't forget your system and speakers are right around the corner from my place. BTW when can I take a listen. I'll bring plenty of drinks.... :)
    Post edited by tratliff on
    2 Channel

Theater

Office

Living Room

Bed Room

Quick update.

Our very own Rooster aka Russman came by no long ago. I played some music he was intimately familiar with. Off the bat, he knew the Rosso was special. The tone and overall details were in a different league. He also mentioned, he heard certain things for the first time on my setup. I have tried several amps and so far, 845 single ended is reigning.

I also want to thank the Rooster for storing many of my audio toys during my transition. He also dropped off my Thi Van Labs DAC. It is engineered around the AKM chip. I would seriously put this DAC up against anything for redbook. It is hard for me to state that, because years ago, I fell in love with chipless DAC designs based on logic gates. ie Chord, Lamp, etc. But. I found out long ago, mainstream designs and brands are not always the best. I am still taking my time with each component in the mix.

My TVL DAC.
    i47fs8awndb5.jpg

Cheers.
  • lightman1 wrote: »
    bhkbnjyloygx.png

Who's that fat bastage? Hired help?

Bahahahahaha
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 30,170
    I'm a fan of the AKM chips myself. Nice tone without sacrificing detail. Obviously implementation is also important. What tubes is that TVL sporting ?
    HT SYSTEM-2 channel
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Dynaudio Audience 72
    Polk FX500 surrounds
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    Joule la-100 pre
    B&k Ref 4420 amp

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
    Tony

1 - 12AU7 and 2 - EL84

The TVL DAC is about the same size as a Marantz CD Player, but much heavier.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800, Usher R1.5
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    It has been many months now.

I don’t have fancy words to describe these. Nothing I have experienced could compare. I am not saying this to console myself because I could buy others as well. Colorful words just do nothing to describe. You just have to experience it.

Halen
    marvda1 wrote: »
    "The Rosso sound will not grab you the way Usher's do. The longer you listen to them, the more you appreciate it's sound. Next thing you know, you are hooked."

you hit the nail on the head, skip asked me the other night when he brought the Volterra over if it was the song "Hallelujah" by the Pentatonix that won me over to the Rosso's and a little twinkle came to my eye :'(

It was the layering of the voices, the harmonic textures, true to life timbres, and the sheer emotion communicated through the speakers. they were just..... well MUSIC.

Believe me they have to be something special to make me shell out this type of coin :p

Spot on!
    somebody else joining the family?? wink wink <3 >:)
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 6,657
    I know who that someone is
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs DAC2x and TSDX Transport -> Cary SLP-05 preamp -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Old Gear:
    Speakers: BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source: Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification: Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased)
    Amplification: HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer: Infinity Entra2 sub -> SVS 25-31PC+ sub
13»