New Speakers too: Italians have arrived

halen
halen Posts: 675
Everything has been a journey. Sold my house. Waited almost nine months for my new one to be built. Along with that was also my audio.

Long story short. I debated between several brands and LSAF was my tipping point. I had the Wilson Alexia and Focal floorstanders in mind. Ultimately, the Rosso Fiorentino Siena became my final commitment.

What is better? Moving into a new place, not even finished unboxing... And these Italians came along.

I am stubborn as a donkey, so my decision was not based on friendship. But DSkip truly has a gold mine.

Thanks broham.

Comments

• halen
    I do not have internet yet and it is difficult for me to post from a phone. Long story short. I wanted the Wilson Alexia or Focal. The Wilson's are not everyone's cup of tea. LSAF changed that for me. I will go into more detail once I have internet.

Some arrival pics.

ttcanvi1xf35.png
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Wooooo! Gotta get back to Texas ASAP.....
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    You went without for a while, but you got back in the game in a big, big way. I'm just picturing in my mind both you and Marvin sitting in your respective sweet spots with these huge smiles on your faces.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    halen wrote: »
    bhkbnjyloygx.png

Who's that fat bastage? Hired help?
  • halen
    I asked for top notch handling. So it was personally delivered, assembled, and tweaked.

Break in period happening now and will be for next couple weeks.

First I have to make the Siena hate me. I have Milli Vanilli lined up.
  • halen
    edited August 2017
    Actually I didn't even have to ask for that delivery.

Skip went beyond the nine yards.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    give us some prelims on the sound. :o
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    You went without for a while, but you got back in the game in a big, big way. I'm just picturing in my mind both you and Marvin sitting in your respective sweet spots with these huge smiles on your faces.

Ehhh,
    He's got his Usher 777's, my MD2's were there for a year, my Dyn C4's for 3 months

Don't really consider that going without

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

Ehhh,
    He's got his Usher 777's, my MD2's were there for a year, my Dyn C4's for 3 months

Don't really consider that going without

My bad. I thought he sold off everything and I didn't realize he had your stuff. I retract my previous statement and now side with Ron...hardly going without.

In any case, enjoy the new speakers. Must be nice to not have to listen to those lowly MD2's. Haha.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Paul in defense of your statement B)
    He did have the arrival of his daughter, plans for new home, got kicked out of his house while waiting for the new one, and changed jobs. :#:)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    bhkbnjyloygx.png

When did UPS change their uniforms? Lookin good Skip!

Nice speaks Halen.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • halen
    I did sell off items while also being lucky enough to have Ron's gear circulate through my place.

Matter of fact, Ron's gear was used to stage my house when it was for sale. During open house and home showing, I turned on his system before I left the house. I did the same thing in my theater room, showing the Dolby Atmos and DTSX setup. I am sure the new owner of my old home is happy with the theater.

These Rossi's will be a journey. It will take some time for me to get all the pieces in place. I need something that is also kid/infant/toddler friendly and safe. I almost moved the Rosso with my wedding ring on. Scratching it would turn this dream into a nightmare.

The Rosso sound will not grab you the way Usher's do. The longer you listen to them, the more you appreciate it's sound. Next thing you know, you are hooked. I must also disclose, these are the first floorstanders I have experienced with no ports. I do not remember if the Wilson's were ported or not. Regardless, it will take time before I could give a full review. For now, I have zero regrets.

Need to get more coffee for now... or alcohol.

Cheers
  • halen wrote: »
    bhkbnjyloygx.png

A little less deadmau5 and a little more deadlift.
  • marvda1
    edited August 2017
    "The Rosso sound will not grab you the way Usher's do. The longer you listen to them, the more you appreciate it's sound. Next thing you know, you are hooked."

you hit the nail on the head, skip asked me the other night when he brought the Volterra over if it was the song "Hallelujah" by the Pentatonix that won me over to the Rosso's and a little twinkle came to my eye :'(

It was the layering of the voices, the harmonic textures, true to life timbres, and the sheer emotion communicated through the speakers. they were just..... well MUSIC.

Believe me they have to be something special to make me shell out this type of coin :p
    Post edited by marvda1 on
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Gorgeous!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Steve, you should hear their little brother, the bookies. At LSAF, they truly sounded like floor standers and had an extremely pleasant sound to them. A lot of weight to the music without being slow or bloated. They are something special, as Marvda stated.

Looking forward to the reviews and comparisons to the little brother we heard at LSAF.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Beleive me they have to be something special to make me shell out this type of coin :p

Yeah, now I gotta hear these puppies for myself sometime....

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • halen
    edited August 2017
    Here are some more pics.

Fully dressed
    ehw2uv6vtc5m.jpg

Topless
    wjak08h7br4d.jpg

Commando
    5g8uetwgljqc.jpg

Cheers!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Nice Halen, not my cup of tea but if they are Italian made, in Florence no less, no doubt some good sounds will grace your home.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Good looking speakers, Halen, to say the least.

Looking forward to your review after they're fully broken in.

Congrats!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Very nice, enjoy both your new home and speakers! :)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • halen
    tonyb wrote: »
    Nice Halen, not my cup of tea but if they are Italian made, in Florence no less, no doubt some good sounds will grace your home.

Hehe. Tony. They are not everyone's cup of tea. Kind of like Wilson's but they are the best I have heard. Or Cary and B&W, I can't stand them. I am talking about sound not design.

The Rosso has broken in some more. I continually enjoy them. Trust me I am.very vocal about my dislikes. Right now, I am not comparing them to anything but i am not wanting the Wilson's. These belong at my place.

Cheers.
  • halen
    Actually. Linn, MBL, and Golden Ears as well. But that is just me. Not my cup of tea..haha

Cheers!
  • marvda1
    Actually. Linn, MBL, and Golden Ears as well. But that is just me. Not my cup of tea..haha

Cheers!

you mean your can of beer :p
    Puritan PSM156
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    New home, new speakers. "Life's been good to me (halen)" Love the look of your new speakers, I would imagine they have the lo-end covered very well! N'joy!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    tonyb wrote: »

Hehe. Tony. They are not everyone's cup of tea. Kind of like Wilson's but they are the best I have heard. Or Cary and B&W, I can't stand them. I am talking about sound not design.

The Rosso has broken in some more. I continually enjoy them. Trust me I am.very vocal about my dislikes. Right now, I am not comparing them to anything but i am not wanting the Wilson's. These belong at my place.

Cheers.

LOL, I meant in the looks dept., not sound. Never heard them actually, but I trust your ears to give them their due. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable