New Speakers too: Italians have arrived

13»

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    tratliff wrote: »
    halen wrote: »
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.

Yall are always welcome to stop by my place when in Ft Worth.

Most visitors to my house know the rules. Touch the stereo and I will show you the front door. Leave a drink on my speakers and you just bought them.

Hope you don't have any nanny cams in your room, because I'll going to polish your gear with my junk :p
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Paul,

Sounds like a great plan, get Marvn out this way as well! I also need to head out west. There are a few locals here with setups that I would like to experience.

On a side note. I did have relatives that came over and placed their drinks on my Usher's. That was a dangerous moment. So I could definitely understand how people feel, especially the while wearing a ring. lol.

Most visitors to my house know the rules. Touch the stereo and I will show you the front door. Leave a drink on my speakers and you just bought them.

just hand me the bottle :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Paul,

Hope you don't have any nanny cams in your room, because I'll going to polish your gear with my junk :p

Ron that is a very scary thought but I am sure you would enjoy it.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited August 2017
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Paul,

just hand me the bottle :D

Don't forget your system and speakers are right around the corner from my place. BTW when can I take a listen. I'll bring plenty of drinks.... :)
    Post edited by tratliff on
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Quick update.

Our very own Rooster aka Russman came by no long ago. I played some music he was intimately familiar with. Off the bat, he knew the Rosso was special. The tone and overall details were in a different league. He also mentioned, he heard certain things for the first time on my setup. I have tried several amps and so far, 845 single ended is reigning.

I also want to thank the Rooster for storing many of my audio toys during my transition. He also dropped off my Thi Van Labs DAC. It is engineered around the AKM chip. I would seriously put this DAC up against anything for redbook. It is hard for me to state that, because years ago, I fell in love with chipless DAC designs based on logic gates. ie Chord, Lamp, etc. But. I found out long ago, mainstream designs and brands are not always the best. I am still taking my time with each component in the mix.

My TVL DAC.
    i47fs8awndb5.jpg

Cheers.
  • lightman1 wrote: »
    bhkbnjyloygx.png

Who's that fat bastage? Hired help?

Bahahahahaha
    Onkyo TX NR 5008 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Oppo BDP 93 modified by The Upgrade Company
    Arcam CD37
    Monitor Audio Gold GS 60
    Revolver Audio Music 5 towers.(surround)
    Vandersteen V2W
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I'm a fan of the AKM chips myself. Nice tone without sacrificing detail. Obviously implementation is also important. What tubes is that TVL sporting ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • halen
    Tony

1 - 12AU7 and 2 - EL84

The TVL DAC is about the same size as a Marantz CD Player, but much heavier.
  • marvda1
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • halen
    It has been many months now.

I don’t have fancy words to describe these. Nothing I have experienced could compare. I am not saying this to console myself because I could buy others as well. Colorful words just do nothing to describe. You just have to experience it.

Halen
  • halen
    marvda1 wrote: »
    "The Rosso sound will not grab you the way Usher's do. The longer you listen to them, the more you appreciate it's sound. Next thing you know, you are hooked."

you hit the nail on the head, skip asked me the other night when he brought the Volterra over if it was the song "Hallelujah" by the Pentatonix that won me over to the Rosso's and a little twinkle came to my eye :'(

It was the layering of the voices, the harmonic textures, true to life timbres, and the sheer emotion communicated through the speakers. they were just..... well MUSIC.

Believe me they have to be something special to make me shell out this type of coin :p

Spot on!
  • marvda1
    somebody else joining the family?? wink wink <3>:)
    Puritan PSM156
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    I know who that someone is
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound