Vibration Pods Recomendations

Audio Advisor offers Vibration pods. I want to place them them under my DAC that sits on my desktop to reduce vibration from the speakers that are placed a few feet away. AA has about 6 different types, looking for recommendations from someone using them.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    pangea sorbathane
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2018
    I saw those they have adhesive backing and some clear disc that goes underneath only you adhere them to the sides of the stock feet, while others you place under the feet. If you have them do they still look presentable underneath with the stock feet just hanging there? I had the tunes pretty loud the other night and started worrying about the DAC subcoming to excessive vibration.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited February 2018
    Steve, I am going to text you some pictures and post them up here with what I use with my Shciit Sys.

They are the 1/2" Sorbothane hemispheres and I got them off Amazon. I also have them on a couple of CD players, my Peachtree DACiT and have the HUGE ones for my turntable.

They are dirt cheap on Amazon and great.

xnfkvwdyhepp.png
    a9fhx3rr6m1v.png
    arschdfnsj2o.png

They are available in a HUGE array of sizes...
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Sorbothane+feet

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    I do not know about adhesive sorbothane is sticky by nature. the disc is to keep them from sticking to furniture or shelving. I've used Audioquest sorbothane for years big believer in its ability to stop vibration. it will always be under any CD/SACD player i ever have. I will buy the pangea the next time its cheaper and works the same way. The feet from pangea I seen at RMAF had no adhesive what so ever. I in most cases do not put them under the feet I will put them beside if possible
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited February 2018
    Sorbothane is extremely effective at preventing vibrations transfering from the surface your gear sits on, but do not let it come in direct contact with any finished furniture surface as it will leave a stain.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the input guys, your the best. I am going to order both the Isolate IT ones, and the Pangea ones to compare, I have a lot of stuff that needs isolating anyways.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• pitdogg2
    F1nut wrote: »
    Sorbothane is extremely effective at preventing vibrations transfering from the surface your gear sits on, but do not let it come in direct contact with any finished furniture surface as it will leave a stain.

Yep agree. Mine has always been on metal or laminated surfaces so that was never a concern.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    edited February 2018
    don't forget herbies. http://herbiesaudiolab.net/
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    marvda1 wrote: »
    don't forget herbies. http://herbiesaudiolab.net/

I do love my Herbie's TT mat...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I got ur vibration pod...right here!! Sorry, its the beer talking.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    If you use the pods make sure they are sized for the weight.
  • F1nut
    afterburnt wrote: »
    If you use the pods make sure they are sized for the weight.

Great advice as that is very important.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gudnoyez
    Cancelled first order and got these instead set of 4ea
    https://www.isolateit.com/hemispheres/sorbothane-hemispheres-bumpers/0-5-sorbothane-hemisphere-0510101.html

Also ordered a Wireworld Starlight 7 1.0 meter USB cable so the Isolate IT hemisphere bumpers qualified for free shipping from Amazon B)
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• gudnoyez
    mbi6gwrc7t1l.jpg
    lmqks0lzbi2z.jpg

Took Ryan's advise and got these I can see why I will need wax paper under these, I will have to get some before I apply them, these are beefy and I'm sure they will serve their purpose.

Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Waiting to hear what you think about them. I had ordered some Vibrapods, but, I'm not real enthused about them.
  • F1nut
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Waiting to hear what you think about them. I had ordered some Vibrapods, but, I'm not real enthused about them.

Years ago I tried them, Sorbothane works way better. I believe the Vibrapods went out with the trash.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Never liked vibrapods, mine also went the way of the dodo
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471

Years ago I tried them, Sorbothane works way better. I believe the Vibrapods went out with the trash.

Worked way better as in better SQ?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2018
    machone wrote: »

Worked way better as in better SQ?

As in way better isolation of components. I first tried vibrapods because I had a CD player that skipped pretty much all the time when my kids and dog were running through the house. They didn't work so well and I had a local place sell me the first generation of audioquest sorbothane pucks put those under my CD player and I could body-slam anybody in that room and it would never skip at all. Made me a firm believer. When I bought the autoquest sorbothane pods again this time they were in the big hemispheres and little hemispheres and I bought four sets of four of those from HCM audio for half price when they were clearing them out.
  • F1nut
    Ed Zachary

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I would very highly suggest some Marigo Audio Labs Mystery Feet, here: http://marigoaudio.com/isolation-feet/mystery-feet/

These have made a massive difference in isolation (clarity, detail,etc.) Compared to any other isolation feet I have used. They are expensive, so I suggest buying used. They don't wear out. These, IMO will be the last isolation feet you ever buy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee